• Dumptruck of Information

Tree Lighting Ceremony at DL

A couple years ago, I remember them having a special Tree Lighting Ceremony (even though the holiday stuff was up for a couple weeks already), I think the year I happened to be in the park when I saw them setting up for it was Monday prior to Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, wasn't around late enough in the day to witness the said act. I was just wondering if DL still had this ceremony, or if it's gone away (or maybe Matt will bring it back). Anyone with any information about this, please feel free to share . Thanks a bunch.

• Defeats the Huns

Re: Tree Lighting Ceremony at DL

The ceremony happens every year. I believe this year, it will be on Friday, Nov 18th - when all the "Christmas" festivities start. (however, I think Santa's Reindeer Roundup starts Nov 11...)

I seem to recall there being a nice ceremony in front of it's a small world when its facade lights up in the evening...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Fireworks Finatic!

Sounds like what is being referred to here is when they had the "Lighting of Disneyland" or something like that.. Where they had a popular person (the first year they did this was Bob Hope) who would "flip a switch" an all the Christmas lights in Disneyland came on. It sounded pretty cool. They have done this at the end of Main St, near the Hub. Hopefully it will be on a Friday this year.

According to the schedule on the Disneyland website, it will be at 4:50 on Friday, December 2nd.
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

• Dumptruck of Information

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal
    Sounds like what is being referred to here is when they had the "Lighting of Disneyland" or something like that.. Where they had a popular person (the first year they did this was Bob Hope) who would "flip a switch" an all the Christmas lights in Disneyland came on. It sounded pretty cool. They have done this at the end of Main St, near the Hub. Hopefully it will be on a Friday this year.
    Yeah, that's the event I was thinking of. All the podiums and stuff I remember seeing were down in the hub area. Will just have to keep ears perked out on the exact date, but the 18th of November would be a reasonable date, or somewhere within a few days of that probably.

Looking at DLR website, it does show daily lighting events for both Small World and the Main St. Tree (different times, but it would be a stretch to see both on the same day). Both are very magical moments, and always an enjoyment to watch, especially with a loved one.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Sad Re: Tree Lighting Ceremony at DL

I seem to remember the tree already lit at thanksgiving . I am going to be really disappointed then Nov 27th thru 30th with no holiday tree and the park being decorated and lit up for the holidays

• CM for 4 years!

So they're holding it this year on the same weekend as the Candlelight procession?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stacielee
    According to the schedule on the Disneyland website, it will be at 4:50 on Friday, December 2nd.
    Concidering Thanksgiving Day is on the 24th..that sounds a tad late to start the season at DL...