• Incredibles Themed Robocoaster DCA E-Ticket

24 14.81%
  • Tomorrowland Neumatic Saucers (bumper cars) That Travel On A Cushion Of Air

2 1.23%
  • Tomorrowland People Mover Replacement - Utilizing Tracls

64 39.51%
  • New Ride/Attraction For Motor Noat Cruise Area

7 4.32%
  • Finding Nemo Or Little Mermaid Dry For Wet Indoor Madmouse Or Dark Ride w/Spinning Vehicles

4 2.47%
  • Sheriff Woody Dark Ride In Frontierland

5 3.09%
  • Adventureland E-Ticket (Possibly A Free Fall Gusher Or A Water Coaster.Roller Coaster

6 3.70%
  • Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride Or Fantasia Gardens Ride

10 6.17%
  • Other

10 6.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but Marcie from MouseInfo said that the cars idea for DCA is currently dead. They are planning on an incredibes ride for the wharf area.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    But bean counters gave the thumbs down to license existing robotic arm technology, including the robocoaster system, because of "excessive cost." So... WDI will apparently develop their own hybrid system, that will utilize motion technology along various points in the ride circuit.

The vehicles will either roll onto motion bases, or be "grabbed" by stationary robotic arms, to simulate what the robotic arm/robocoaster technology would have delivered as an integral part of the vehicle itself, from start to finish. And it remains to be seen just how many of these "motion stations" the ride circuit will contain, given accountaneering's reluctance to invest $100 million or more on future attractions.

It's quite possible that most of the ride circuit will be flat and motionless, with one motion station leading up to the climatic ending. More motion would be better, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.
    I personally want a great new ride added to DCA. I think that this ride needs to fit SOME California theme. Unfortunately, the Incredibles theme DOES NOT fit what is at DCA right now. Now I do think that with JPL and Vandenburg in California, a future-space related theme does fit in the California theme. The problem is just adding one ride with this new theme. Walt's Design was to not just theme rides, but lands. Previous to him, amusement park operators would place conflicting theme rides right next to each other. That destroy fantasy. DCA need more fantasy not less right now. Also, if they do a cheap, poorly produced ride, that will all fuel the image of DCA as "the cheaply made park."
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I would be saddened to see the Incredibles ride at DCA. The problem with DCA is it is coming across as a lame Six Flags right now. Theming that is suggestive rather than incombasing, no dark rides, and the only solutions being offered are thrill rides with very little theming.

DCA needs to imrove what they have there and wait for the perfect idea for the remaining space. If they continue to shove things places, it makes it much more difficult to put the proper thing there later on.

IMHO I'd like to see a San Fransisco area with a Chinatown or a Ghost Town built in the remaining land. I also would love to see them use the Millionare Building, The Monsters Inc Building, and the restraunt (5 and Dine?) building in the Hollywood section to create a fake studio tour.

You take a small tram through different fake sets with suprises on each stage. You could even travel through the animation department and see classic disney characters in AA form milling around the craft services table. Maybe Mickey is the director of the picture filming that day and he peeks out from behind the camera to greet the guests. You could also take a wrong turn into the soundstage used to house the Disney Villians. I think this ride would be perfectly themed, and could serve to be a DCA Jungle Cruise with the tram guide. A cross between Universal Studios and the Great Movie Ride.

You could also keep one scene fairly open in order to put in the latest Disney film's sets to help sell the picture. Like you could put the costumes and sets from Narnia right now, or a Chicken Little area. This ride would also be a nice place to put retired AA's from gutted attractions.

• Senior Minion

I think that certainly the probability is that we'll see a new attraction at DCA before anything goes in at DL. In fact, it may be two attractions at DCA before anything comes in to DL besides the Nemo overlay, and perhaps something with PeopleMover. As DCA seems to wither away, they probably have first call on the dollars and development cycles these things take.

And since it probably takes 5 years to get a new E ticket built from scratch, they'll probably clone or go off the shelf for the first one, and hope to buy enough time before they come out with something really new, which I'm betting doesn't launch until 2009 or 2010 or so.

I'm betting on something that uses Omnimover, if only because they want some sort of high capacity attraction with the lowest possible unit cost. We already have Monsters, Inc, coming--any other ideas? (Please, Lord, not Chicken Little).

Of course, the question is always "what is to be done?" They just don't have a lot of space for new attractions in DCA (beyond Millionaires) unless they start tearing things down. (Personally, I vote for demolishing the carny booths). I would think that attendance would have to build some substantial momentum before Timon is converted.

• Sea Creature

I'm in favor of them all.

• time to go

Cool Re: Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan
    I don't know if this was mentioned yet but Marcie from MouseInfo said that the cars idea for DCA is currently dead.
    Actually, someone on the LP boards was first to break that story. Then someone from LP posted it on MouseInfo, and everyone started cyber-yelling for Marcie to come on the boards and confirm it. It seemed as though she was denying it with her first post ("Poppycock!"), but then a few days later, she confirmed it.

But Marcie was not the first one to post the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy54

But, what part of DCA would get that ride? What theme do you think it would be in?

Next ride in serious consideration if testing and budget gets approved will be "Incredibles" It will not be in Hollywood area. It will be in the one land that does not really have any major attraction in the whole park.
    It is the one land that has some of the best theming.

It is one of the smallest sublands in the southern part of the park.

Imagine a very well themed cannery in an expansion area for the land. the theming of the show building will fit the land and the storyline will help emphasize what is inside

Beer truck anyone?
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-31-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Mr Incredible, although I haven't heard so much as a peep concerning Mission: Space being considered for the Disneyland Resort, who's to say that it won't, eventually. Keep in mind though the recent fatality on that ride.
    I wouldn't worry to much about the fatality on this ride. What would hold back this attraction from ever making it as a replacment for innoventions is the lawsuit with the manufacturer of the technology and the excessive budget of the attraction. This attraction went extremely over its budget. It was set at a budget in the 100millions but eventually ran up in 300 millions. Of course no one will admit it. Why they would even let WDW get away with such a waste of revenue is anybodies guess. Until they figure out how to keep costs down this attraction will be unique to EPCOT for many years.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    I wouldn't worry to much about the fatality on this ride. What would hold back this attraction from ever making it as a replacment for innoventions is the lawsuit with the manufacturer of the technology and the excessive budget of the attraction. This attraction went extremely over its budget. It was set at a budget in the 100millions but eventually ran up in 300 millions. Of course no one will admit it. Why they would even let WDW get away with such a waste of revenue is anybodies guess. Until they figure out how to keep costs down this attraction will be unique to EPCOT for many years.
    It is sad that when Disney does do something right, like Mission: Space, they think it is a mistake. SM is a classic Disney attraction that is unlike any other attraction in the world. Now that they have the engineering to build it, they don't want to do it again because of the "mistake." SM will attract many visitors to Epcot in the future which will make back its investment. It is much better than doing rides that meet their budgets, like Pooh at DL and Stitch at WDW which are FLOPS! Those rides need to be replaced now because of their poor quality and low guest appreciation. Saving money sometimes costs more money in the long-run.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• Banned User

From what I have heard, BlueSkyDriveBy's post #14 is exactly correct.

looks like an Incredibles ride with a wharf expansion to open sometime 2008-2009.

Also, it is said that another smaller attraction is very likely between Monsters and Incredibles.

Also, many CM's have stated that the placemaking project will be going to anothr area of the park sometime after the HPB enhancement is finished.

• Banned User

jiminyCricketFan, while I like mission Space very much, it has proven to be somewhat of a bust for EPCOT.

Lines are always short, and that was before the accident.

I dont see this ride ever being built anywhere else.

While there last summer, i never waited in line longer than 10 minutes, on 4 seperate occasions, while the line for TT was always at least 45 minutes.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney
    jiminyCricketFan, while I like mission Space very much, it has proven to be somewhat of a bust for EPCOT.

Lines are always short, and that was before the accident.

I dont see this ride ever being built anywhere else.

While there last summer, i never waited in line longer than 10 minutes, on 4 seperate occasions, while the line for TT was always at least 45 minutes.
    Well, ride lines can be deceiving. Mission: Space has a huge ride capasity. It can take many more riders per hour than TT. I know of no one who was disappointed with the ride after they rode it. Now there might be some out there, but from the comments that I have heard from people getting off the ride, it is a hit. Sourin' is currently the big ride right now. It however, will grow old on people. I think that Mission: Space has the magic to excite for years to come.

The Incredibles ride that is planned for DCA is a bust from what I heard of it. Mr. Incredible comes and rescues you. Now my fantasty is not to be rescued by Mr. Incredible but to BE Mr. Incredible. Walt always started with the fantasy and then worked backward. He thought people would love to fly through the air on Dumbo or with Peter Pan. The Incredibles is just the cheap ride that DCA does not need right now. Look for it as Pooh II.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Mission: Space has a huge ride capasity. It can take many more riders per hour than TT. I know of no one who was disappointed with the ride after they rode it.
    I know several folks who find M:S boring and not repeatable. And there are plenty of folks like me, young and old alike, who will never ride it, given the nature of the centrifuge. (I wish I could, but health problems dealing with low blood pressure prohibit me from doing so.)

The Incredibles ride that is planned for DCA is a bust from what I heard of it. Mr. Incredible comes and rescues you.
    It might work, you never know. I'm just extremely disappointed that Burbank is wimping out, and refusing to fund the robocoaster version of Incredibles. Leading edge ride systems... that's what Disney attractions used to be known for. But thanks to M:S going spectacularly over the fiscal cliff and blowing up on the budget rocks below, we'll never see mega E-Ticket attractions on that level for a very long time, if ever.

The Incredibles is just the cheap ride that DCA does not need right now. Look for it as Pooh II.
    Naah... that spot is reserved for Monsters.

• Disney Blood Sisters

The motorboats part of the park is so sad and empty. It definately needs something, perhaps not a ride, but some attraction or something nice to look at rather than the green slime of water.
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DustMeUpTink
    The motorboats part of the park is so sad and empty. It definately needs something, perhaps not a ride, but some attraction or something nice to look at rather than the green slime of water.
    Odds are, Disney will place a ride in the MBC area. Due to space limitations, it will probably be a relatively moderately sized attraction such as Mickey's PhilHarmagic or DS's Turtle Twister (dry for wet dark ride/coaster) or a trackless Cars themed driving course. A unique attraction such as a Beauty and the Beast dark ride (with floating vehicles) would be extremely cool.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-01-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast