• Incredibles Themed Robocoaster DCA E-Ticket

24 14.81%
  • Tomorrowland Neumatic Saucers (bumper cars) That Travel On A Cushion Of Air

2 1.23%
  • Tomorrowland People Mover Replacement - Utilizing Tracls

64 39.51%
  • New Ride/Attraction For Motor Noat Cruise Area

7 4.32%
  • Finding Nemo Or Little Mermaid Dry For Wet Indoor Madmouse Or Dark Ride w/Spinning Vehicles

4 2.47%
  • Sheriff Woody Dark Ride In Frontierland

5 3.09%
  • Adventureland E-Ticket (Possibly A Free Fall Gusher Or A Water Coaster.Roller Coaster

6 3.70%
  • Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride Or Fantasia Gardens Ride

10 6.17%
  • Other

10 6.17%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built

Select the ride that you think will be coming to the Disneyland Resort next. Feel free to add any comments that are on your mind.

Re: Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built

EXPEDITION EVEREST!
    hahaha

the most likely are the first two (Incredibles and Cars), Disney has been toying with those ideas for some time.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Sheriff Woody in Adventureland?????

Wouldn't make a tad more sense in Frontierland?

------------------------------------------------

Water Coaster in Adventureland???

I think the only thing Adventureland has room for is a Dinner Show. Even if the land was found somehow(unlikely) the current walkways are already at 180% capacity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------I voted for a Peoplemover......
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• The one, the only...

Unfortunately, the Cars themed DCA ride has been nixed already. That is the word from other Disney sites. It should be the next one but Disney is not in the mood for investment in North American parks right now.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

Anything but the RoboCoaster.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Unfortunately, the Cars themed DCA ride has been nixed already. That is the word from other Disney sites. It should be the next one but Disney is not in the mood for investment in North American parks right now.
    Thanks for the insight JimineyCricketFan, but I wouldn't sell Matt, Jay and Bob short. The popularity of Hong Kong Disneyland means more operationg capital to spread throughout the entire company. Plus, the Company receives 100 % of the profit generated from the American parks, and considerably less elsewhere.

Therefore, we can still count on many of the rumors associated with the American parks to become a reality. This includes an exciting new DCA E-Ticket at DCA, additional new rides in DL's Tomorrowland, and an overall Frontierland expansion. I think all of this would be less likely if the foreign market wasn't as promissing as it seems in terms of Hong Kong, Japan - and DL Paris might even be turning around (DS's Toon Studios looks dynomite).

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-27-2005 at 02:35 AM.

• Minion

Peoplemover!

• Animatronic

The best bang for the buck would be to use the People Mover track. An empty track is to Tomorrowland what an empty river would be to Frontierland/NOS.

It's actually rather shocking it's been left empty for this long as anyone with an ounce of Walt in them would be busting to do something.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Anything but the RoboCoaster.
    The Robocoaster (themed to the Incredibles) would be awesome if Disney could figure out a way to place it's base on a portable mount. In this way, the vehicles could travel along a dark ride track at the same time as the virtual coaster element.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-30-2005 at 09:23 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think it would be nice to make an aladdin motion ride in which you try to escape the Cave of Wonders.

• Infinitized!

I would like to see some more original ideas coming out of imagineering, rides that are not based on any Disney, Pixar, or George Lucas movies (even though Star tours and Indiana ar both great rides), such as Expedition Everest, Pirates of The Caribbean (the attraction was not based on the movie), or Adventure thru Inner Space. Even though the subs are reopening, I still think a Nemo overlay in Tomorrowland is stupid. Where's the originality? And where does it tie in to the futuristic theme of Tomorrowland? They should have just revamped it with new animatronics and special effects and left Nemo out.

• e komo mai

Peoplemover!

• time to go

Sad Re: Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Cars/TT is DOA. Off the table. Ain't gonna happen.

Incredibles, however, is being seriously considered right now. I'm betting that it gets the green light by the end of the year.

But bean counters gave the thumbs down to license existing robotic arm technology, including the robocoaster system, because of "excessive cost." So... WDI will apparently develop their own hybrid system, that will utilize motion technology along various points in the ride circuit.

The vehicles will either roll onto motion bases, or be "grabbed" by stationary robotic arms, to simulate what the robotic arm/robocoaster technology would have delivered as an integral part of the vehicle itself, from start to finish. And it remains to be seen just how many of these "motion stations" the ride circuit will contain, given accountaneering's reluctance to invest $100 million or more on future attractions.

It's quite possible that most of the ride circuit will be flat and motionless, with one motion station leading up to the climatic ending. More motion would be better, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

• =)

I'd say the Peoplemover idea is most likely to happen the soonest. Most of the others have supposedly been considered, but the PM's return seems the most likely. I don't think the old track would have been kept so long if there weren't some inklings of a plan. In an article earlier this year, didn't Al say something about that idea getting closer to becoming reality?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast