Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

:confused:
    Last edited by thndrmtnskp; 03-26-2005 at 01:47 PM.

:confused:
    Last edited by thndrmtnskp; 03-26-2005 at 01:48 PM.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by thndrmtnskp
    the lead is more concerned about the people coming and requesting to ride the gold boat and having to have a separate line for it. the lead in question also has been working jungle for many years and knows it better than anyone else still working for the resort. i can almost guarantee you that mon-fri open till 5pm that boat will most likely not be out.
    I'm sorry but Leads don't really get to make those kind of decisions that so drastically affect Show. I have no problems with Leads but lets face it, they have no real power and are glorified lackeys. Sad but true.

Gosh I have just been so cranky on these boards today. Please take no offense!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    I have no problem with the Indy/Jungle Cruise connection. This change might be the first "negative" change for me to come out of all these 50th rehabs and upgrades. of course, nothing is final. So I am not gonna complain now.
    I am in agreement. I never had a problem with the two sharing the lime light.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Combining Indy with the Jungle Cruise was one of the best things that WDI came up with. Seperating them is just stupid.

• dreams do come true

I woked on the JC and I did like Indy and the jungle together (great jokes) but I also think that if they were to seperate the two and expand the rain forest you could get a new look open it up for even more fun. I say lets do it.

• something else...

getting the JC away from indy gets it out of the 1930's and allows for me to be done to the ride. don't get me wrong, i love the two together i think that if possible this should happen with more rides. but i'm gunna trust the folks down in Disneyland to do the right thing. plus it gets people interested in the other ride that you see while you're waiting/on the ride.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• that's right!

I don't think that separating them is going to make either ride horrible but it does seem like a somewhat arbitrary and strange decision so I'm going to assume that they know what they're doing until we find out a little more about the whole situation. I've always liked rides that aren't entirely self-contained (see: Peoplemover, Monorail, Splash Mountain bordering the ROA after the big drop, the Train going through Splash Mountain, ETC.) because it adds to the whole atmosphere, I guess. Oh well.

I don't really understand the need for the Indy/Jungle Separation. The Jungle Cruise got a little bit cooler when there were added ruins and crumbling temples. I could see how a rainforest theme could coincide with the Indy motif. It's not exactly an easy separation. I hope they do it well.

• Sock Puppet

Here is what a cast member told me while I waited inline for some popped corn:
    What you can expect, Mr. Anderson, is a lot more . They seem to appeal the most to our guests and at the same time are far cheaper and more easily built than water dwelling creatures. At the same time, people like to watch monkeys in peril; to see them suffer a multitude of minor catastrophies can provide hours of clean entertainment for all. Skippers will be given about 3 times more rounds in their pistols with the hopes that they will cleverly unleash on these kooky primates while spouting off memorable, witty lines.
    Also, the head hunter will no longer stand tall, awaiting your dome for trade. Instead, life-like audio-animatronic replicas of Jamie Lee Curtis and Nick Nolte will await you with a thumbs up, popular lines from their movies, and alcohol ridden breath that you can actually smell!

This is all I know so far, but I am sure more and more secrets will be revealed in the weeks to come!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I guess I'm alone on this, but I'm happy theyre separating Jungle from Indy. I hated seeing the Indy exit queue from the Jungle Cruise boats.. it was, in my opinion, very cheap. It was like "oh well, we have this big gaping hole in the area from the Indy ride, so instead of adding something to fix it, we'll just have the skippers make some jokes about it and move on" I didn't like it and am very pleased they theyre taking it out.

However, I did like the ruins and the overturned jeep ... were these elements added when Indy came along?

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    getting the JC away from indy gets it out of the 1930's and allows for me to be done to the ride. don't get me wrong, i love the two together i think that if possible this should happen with more rides. but i'm gunna trust the folks down in Disneyland to do the right thing. plus it gets people interested in the other ride that you see while you're waiting/on the ride.
    I have to say I really like the 1930s theming, on the ride, in the queue and in Indy. It seems to mae Adventureland more exotic, IMO.

JC has always been one of my favorite attaractions. Cleaning the ride up is great, but I don't know if I could handle a bunch of changes. It might ruin the ride, but then again it might really enhance the expierience and make it alot better. Only time will tell. I'll have to make up my mind when I'm there in July.

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    JC has always been one of my favorite attaractions. Cleaning the ride up is great, but I don't know if I could handle a bunch of changes. It might ruin the ride, but then again it might really enhance the expierience and make it alot better. Only time will tell. I'll have to make up my mind when I'm there in July.
    sometimes to be rewarded one must take risks

I'm pretty happy that Disney is taking chances to technologicaly tweak the old rides

as long as they don't destroy the flavor or the concept and feel of the ride better technology will make it more magical

While the idea of a gold boat is nice, like many good ideas that Disneyland has it will not work in practice. Having a gold boat, which is unique on an attraction that can only run 8 boats at max capacity, is not a good thing. The ammount of people who will insist on waiting for a gold boat, and causing the castmembers and guest heartache because we have to try and find a place to put them. Of course you could just say no and get guest complaints, which is a huge no no.

And the reason they are seperating the indy que from jungle is two fold:
    1. while people who are on this board understand Jungle Cruise and enjoy being poked fun at. There are many people who do not and complain. Getting the skippers in trouble.
    2. The whole point of Jungle Cruise is to be taking someone out into the jungle, so you enter then jungle and start your JUNGLE spiel, then opps, there are people wearing modern cloths, yelling at the boat, and being rude to the skips.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast