Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I still think the Indy Wall is a BAD idea. Just have the skippers stop making the jokes about the people exiting Indy. And the guests on the JC will have just have to accept that there are people in "plain modern looking outfits" wandering out of this myseterious temple near the river. It's NOT a big deal.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Guest on the Jungle Cruise should not have to "accept" a break in show. Show is what supposedly people like Disneyland for the most. So in this way it is a big deal. But when you go by the Indy queue and people say insulting improper things at your boat, it is a big deal. This happens more often then not. Most skippers dont talk about the Indy que anymore, and its become a bigger hassle then its worth, when you try to setup going into the Jungle and some stupid person yells at you.

• Banned User

It's really lame that that is going to change. I agree that the people yelling sucks but the mixing the two attractions is great looking. I love coming out of Indy and having the boats go right by. Plus Indy's exit is perfect for pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic
    I don't really understand the need for the Indy/Jungle Separation. The Jungle Cruise got a little bit cooler when there were added ruins and crumbling temples. I could see how a rainforest theme could coincide with the Indy motif. It's not exactly an easy separation. I hope they do it well.
    it also became shorter when they added indy. the ouside queue for indy used to be river. just remember jungle existed 40 years without indy i think they can do it again. besides from what i hear its not a wall they're just putting in tall plants so the guests in the indy exit can't make comments to the boat but you'll still be able to see the temple
    i have no idea

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Whats wrong with the land being tied together? I love that Adventureland has become this total themed area instead of a place where theres this adventure (in the 1930's) and THIS adventure (in the 1960s) and everything is just sort of mishmashed together under the blanket theme of "Adventure"

One of the best parts of the Frontierland in Paris is that everything works together in the land as a total theme, and then each attraction is its own experience apart from that theming as well (Phantom Manor is the home of the founder of Thunder Mesa who owned the goldmines of Big Thunder Mountain blah blah)

I hope the Indy wall is a false rumor, I love the idea of the Temple being built by a river

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I'm sorry but Leads don't really get to make those kind of decisions that so drastically affect Show. I have no problems with Leads but lets face it, they have no real power and are glorified lackeys. Sad but true.

Gosh I have just been so cranky on these boards today. Please take no offense!

Actully...

The Jungle Lead -does- pick what boats are used that day, from the ones that arn't down for maitence. At least thats how it was when I was there two years ago.

Also, I can totally see the main Jungle Lead not liking a gold boat. Its so in character for him.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thndrmtnskp
    it also became shorter when they added indy. the ouside queue for indy used to be river. just remember jungle existed 40 years without indy i think they can do it again. besides from what i hear its not a wall they're just putting in tall plants so the guests in the indy exit can't make comments to the boat but you'll still be able to see the temple
    I agree, and in many aspects, jungle cruise was a much better ride before they added Indy and had to update it. Maybe this will make Adventureland seem bigger somehow, or like everything is not right on top of everything else. It is pretty small and cramped right now and I think part of the themeing is to feel like you are some place exotic and far away (obviously) but I think several different exotic locals is more interesting than one. I have faith that they know what they are doing and I bet it will help the overall feel of the land. Plus I am sure it is going to result in an amazing update for JC- it needed it and I bet it will be beautiful.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev
    Actully...

The Jungle Lead -does- pick what boats are used that day, from the ones that arn't down for maitence. At least thats how it was when I was there two years ago.

Also, I can totally see the main Jungle Lead not liking a gold boat. Its so in character for him.
    I just don't see Disney spending the money to create a gold boat, then letting the lead say, "sorry I don't like it".

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by NPCody
    I just don't see Disney spending the money to create a gold boat, then letting the lead say, "sorry I don't like it".
    Exactly...the lead may be able to decide which boats are out, but it will quickly be noticed if a certain, very showy boat, is never boarding guests. And I'm pretty sure Matt won't be happy about it, since he is in favor of this program.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Exactly...the lead may be able to decide which boats are out, but it will quickly be noticed if a certain, very showy boat, is never boarding guests. And I'm pretty sure Matt won't be happy about it, since he is in favor of this program.
    I'm sure he's in favor of the program but he knows that the jungle knows how to run it self. He respects what the skippers do and admits he could never do it himself. Now imagine this......
    its summer and you're standing in line for jungle and the gold boat is out. the line is using up the entire upper queue area and is 40min long when you get to the turnstiles you realize its because people are waiting for the gold boat and refuse to get on anyother boat, they are blocking the aisles and it is impossible for the loaders to get the other 7 boats on the river full. that is why it will most likely not be in use but atleast in sight for the busiest part of the day.
    thank you trev for backing me up on that one.
    i have no idea

• Hooterville, USA

Make 'em all gold for the summer. Scale down in the winter and case closed. Next problem.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Good idea! That would at least end out debate about it! The idea of only one gold one is a little silly to me anyways. I mean, why just one one just JC? Why not make all the ride cars in all the rides gold? Or add gold accents. or a gold logo, or something. This just seems kind of random and out of place.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by thndrmtnskp
    thank you trev for backing me up on that one.
    No problem, I remeber what its like out there.

Man, sometimes I still wish I -was- out there.

i think its kinda fun how you think Matt has a say in day to day opperation of attractions. Like you think he roams the park everyday. maybe once a week but not everyday. he has other things to worry about another park to worry about. Do you think he reads every complaint that comes in, nope. while he is more proactive than cynthia and paul he's still not out there that much.
    i have no idea

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Trev
    Actully...

I can see that as well.

It should be noted that the Lead is obligated to follow the rules. When The Mouse says he wants 1930's spiels, the CMs make that happen. If The Mouse says he wants a gold boat out every day then the Lead has to make that happen as well.

Now The Mouse may not dictate that a gold boat should be out every day - in which case the lead can make the call. However, if they go to all the trouble of adding a gold boat you can be sure that the Suits will want it out - therefore it will be out, no matter what the Lead wants.

Does that make sense?

- fearsnda
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast