Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: What happens when a cast member gets a negative comment from a guest at city hall

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I have seen many that work hard and make Disneyland a great place to be at...
    but like at other jobs, it seems technology has taken over and I see ppl taking out their cell phones more often and do texting.
    Great you want to talk to friends, but that's what breaks are for.
    True, but if they are talking about important matters then the guests can wait a few minutes until issues are resolved or they can ask a cast member who is more free and available.

• ---------------

Re: What happens when a cast member gets a negative comment from a guest at city hall

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Well I don't know if my parents thought to leave a message at City Hall, but I don know that my first trip I had a stuffed Barney with me and I dropped it in one of the bodies of water (no bigger then the sub lagoon though) and a Cast Member was nice enough to go fish it out for us, and it wasn't even a Disney character
    That was nice of them
    but then begs a question: barney at Disneyland?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    True, but if they are talking about important matters then the guests can wait a few minutes until issues are resolved or they can ask a cast member who is more free and available.
    If it's important, they can ask a manager to take over for a bit.
    What are you doing tonight isn't an important matter.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    That was nice of them
    but then begs a question: barney at Disneyland?
    I know, I don't understand it, but I was like 3 or 4, and I guess I didn't want it out of my sight, and yet I haven't seen it in over 10 years now.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

And in regards to the texting while at work, thas t least as bad if not worse then texting in class in my opinion. I think that the teachers need to be more strict about the texting rule, and not just warn kids "Don't do it" but then take the phone away for the rest of the day, this is part of why I hate my generation. The kids are used to getting their way when they whine about it, so why not bring that to the school and work worlds. It honestly pisses me off that people think that texting a friend is more important then the task at hand: lecture, school work, work, family meals, etc

there, miny rant over
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
    • Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    Unless it's some sort of emergency situation, I'm trying to imagine why a customer should have to wait for a cast member dealing with a personal matter. Shouldn't cell phones be turned off while working a customer service position?

People are of course quicker to complain than praise. That includes forums such as MiceChat, and presumably at City Hall.

Unless a guest has proof, or there is a clear pattern of poor performance, I'm not sure Disney should no much about complaints. Who's to say the cast member wasn't doing their job, and in doing so telling a guest something they didn't like, and the guest is just enacting revenge?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

There are many great Cast members (employees) at Disneyland. Unfortunately like any business there are also quite a few problem Cast Members (Employees). Myself along with my friends and family are always very quick to submit compliments on cast members just as we are sure to submit complaints in regards to poor preforming employees.
    Talking about your weekend plans to your co-workers while a customer is waiting to make a purchase is not appropriate. Nor is being rude and making fun of customers in-front of there faces. I hold management ultimately responsible for not enforcing the work place rules although I do hope that those who are privileged enough to have a job in todays horrific economy and job market will take the job seriously and use manners and customer service skills when dealing with the public. If that is too hard or the said employee finds that too difficult they should be relocated to a non customer based position or let go. Again, there are many great employees and this thread is not geared towards focusing on those. This is in regards to the negative preforming employees who hate people, hate customers and hate the place that they work which happens to be Disneyland. Hence they should be let go.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    They lock us in IASW for 24 hours with the music on level 10...it isnt pretty....please please think twice before you complain.
    Well at least you're not getting water boarded or (my personal favorite) drawn and quartered.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

hmm, a lot of the time, the guest are simply making things up, so usually when a complaint is filed, the leads and managers investigate...

HEres an example, when i got hired in 3 years ago, i was working a Churros cart on mainstreet. It was packed and busy and during the first parade. This lady in an ECV comes driving in rams INTO my cart pushing the cart a good 2-3 feet towards me, i instantly freaked out and i guess the lady took it offensively. i then proceeded to sell churros as if nothing happened and i had no room to walk around so i couldnt sell as fast. I put more churros into to oven and the lady literally chewed me out for wasted her time. VERY offensive hatred toward me, i try not to react so i quickly made the transaction and didnt think much of it...

20 mins later, a lead comes by asking me if anything happened a few mins ago. I explained what happened, and guest who was there the entire time waiting for the parade butted in and said she saw the whole thing and supported me 100%... The lead proceed to tell me they received a complain that i was harassing a guest and told me not worry about it...

im guessing the lady was trying to get something out of it i guess...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Banned User

^ That reminds me of when guests with strollers walk really fast and for some strange reason aim their strollers toward me(and theres usually 100 ft of free space all around me) and I barely dodge the poor child and make a million apologies, and they still muster up to yell at me to watch where I'm going(this happens a lot btw, no joke).

• Minion

^I'd believe that, it sucks but it even happens at basketball and football games, I'm both in Band, and on occasion have been the mascot and both times, noone but the kids 8 and under respect you
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• meow!

if they get more than 3 neg. comments @ city hall they get fired.
    Have a magical day ;]

• Established 2005

I once filed a complaint against someone at a certain Mountain attraction, for doing something very un-Disney-like to a fellow CM at the control panel, and in plain view of guests and children. This CM wasn't seen there again. . .

Until recently. I thought the CM was fired, but I guess not.

Is there some sort of suspension period for a certain level of offense?!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    hmm, a lot of the time, the guest are simply making things up, so usually when a complaint is filed, the leads and managers investigate...

Here's an example, when I got hired in 3 years ago, I was working a Churros cart on Main Street. It was packed and busy and during the first parade. This lady in an ECV comes driving in rams INTO my cart pushing the cart a good 2-3 feet towards me, I instantly freaked out and I guess the lady took it offensively. I then proceeded to sell churros as if nothing happened and I had no room to walk around so I couldn't sell as fast. I put more churros into to oven and the lady literally chewed me out for wasted her time. VERY offensive hatred toward me, I try not to react so I quickly made the transaction and didn't think much of it...

20 mins later, a lead comes by asking me if anything happened a few mins ago. I explained what happened, and guest who was there the entire time waiting for the parade butted in and said she saw the whole thing and supported me 100%... The lead proceed to tell me they received a complain that I was harassing a guest and told me not worry about it...

I'm guessing the lady was trying to get something out of it I guess...
    Gee, ya think? There are people out there who are "Professional Victims" for fun and profit. Kid you not, they go cruising around for businesses that aren't 100% handicapped accessible (often a new tenant in an older building) and go fishing for payoffs or they'll sue the business under the ADA to force compliance and get damages.

The businesses figure it's easier and simpler to pay these people some money to go away. For a small business, one or two of these grifters can put them out of business...

Same applies in the park, if they can make the story sound bad enough they are hoping Disney will throw freebies or free tickets or some cash at them. You got lucky, you had a witness willing to come forward - that often doesn't happen.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Absolutely. When I worked in fast food, people would eat most of the meal and come back complaining about a hair or a missed condiment or anything to get a whole new one. On a larger scale it happens in every form of business every day. I assume this is why Disney is forced to block off the bridges and lower the curbs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast