Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Addicted to Disney

Mammoth DCA Land Idea

I have an idea for a land that would go where the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is now. It would also cut into the DVC Wing a little bit. That wing would just add more floors to make up the lost space. I've never been to Mammoth before, so sorry if my description is off. You would enter the land and there are lots of log cabins around you. There is a huge snowy mountain in front of you. You would take a Ski Lift up to the queue of the main attraction. Once you are up there you would get in line. Once at the front, you would get strapped into your "skis" and you would start your journey. You would go downhill, nearly running into trees and "snow" blowing into your face. The only concern I would have for this ride is length. I don't think it would take very long to get down the mountain.
    Another attraction here is a classic dark ride. You would queue through some dark caves in the mountains where there are symbols left by ancient people from the ice age. Once in your vehicle, you would head into a cave with more symbols. All of a sudden, you are whisked back to the time of the Ice Age. It would be like Mansion because there is no significant story. You would just be looking at what's happening as you pass it. You would see a mammoth get hunted by the native people and lots of AA animals such as the Sabertooth Tiger. Then you would go back to your time and disembark.
    What do you think? What would you change. Oh yeah, I don't think there's enough space for this land, but I would still like to see it to happen somehow. This is one of many aspects of California that isn't represented in DCA.

• Banned User

Re: Mammoth DCA Land Idea

There is no way for a project this big to have enough room in that space.

• Addicted to Disney

What did you think of the actual idea?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This has been something I've been pondering a lot since 2001. California adventure. But one major scene that isn't represented (except for in Soarin') is the snow mountain resorts.

Yup, it's a hard thing to do since the Matterhorn is right across the way. You don't want to repeat yourself.

So maybe instead of doing an all year-round snow resort, do the Recreation area with winter snow as a seasonal thing.

But anyway, back in the day i made some chicken scratches. this is totally not feasible but it was fun.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I like your ideas a lot. And for your cave ride, I would have the first part of it illuminated ONLY by the headlight on the vehicle, so that things are revealed to you only when you get near them. I think the indoor skiing idea is a winner, even if it has to be multiple stories to make up for the lack of real estate.

• Banned User

i really actually like your idea it is really good keep it up

• Addicted to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    This has been something I've been pondering a lot since 2001. California adventure. But one major scene that isn't represented (except for in Soarin') is the snow mountain resorts.

Yup, it's a hard thing to do since the Matterhorn is right across the way. You don't want to repeat yourself.

So maybe instead of doing an all year-round snow resort, do the Recreation area with winter snow as a seasonal thing.

But anyway, back in the day i made some chicken scratches. this is totally not feasible but it was fun.

That last picture just looks so funny to me! No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I like your ideas a lot. And for your cave ride, I would have the first part of it illuminated ONLY by the headlight on the vehicle, so that things are revealed to you only when you get near them. I think the indoor skiing idea is a winner, even if it has to be multiple stories to make up for the lack of real estate.

Wait Mt. Shasta in Hollywood!? And to disneymaniac yeah this is an underrepresented area of DCA and I think your basic ideas are good. Maybe it could fit over in Mulloholand area?
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• Addicted to Disney

I think that's even smaller than the other area that I had planned. Plus, a mountain would look rediculous next to a Seaside Pier.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    I think that's even smaller than the other area that I had planned. Plus, a mountain would look rediculous next to a Seaside Pier.
    The mountain would be next to the pier in both locations, especially if its super high! And I kinda meant that whole ex-route 66 area. It wouldn't make much sense (if you fudged a LOT you could say it represented the coastal range and then the coast ) It would also really help with the sightlines.

I have some selfish reasons as well. I got dibs on Redwood Creek for my Grizzly Peak remake!

Scribble Maps - Draw on google maps with scribblings and more!
    Armchair Imagineering!:

• Addicted to Disney

Here are some more ideas for the dark ride; When you go back in time, you see the present mammoth quickly flash back to the Ice Age. I would also like to show the native people's life very accurately by showing them hunting, doing rituals, and I would like to show life in their camp thing. The other part of the ride would showcase the wildlife of the ice age such as mammoths (of course), sabertooth tigers,and the huge sloths.

Here are some more ideas for the dark ride; When you go back in time, you see the present mammoth quickly flash back to the Ice Age. I would also like to show the native people's life very accurately by showing them hunting, doing rituals, and I would like to show life in their camp thing. The other part of the ride would showcase the wildlife of the ice age such as mammoths (of course), sabertooth tigers,and the huge sloths.
    em....I don't especially like this idea. Its kind of an ape of Ice Age and isn't particularly exciting.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

• Banned User

The other part of the ride would showcase the wildlife of the ice age such as mammoths (of course), sabertooth tigers,and the huge sloths.
    This seems entirely too boring for the general public who has the average attention span of 2.5 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    This seems entirely too boring for the general public who has the average attention span of 2.5 year old.
    My thoughts minus the niceness lol.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

• Addicted to Disney

Maybe we could just make Downtown Disney a multiple story, enclosed mall. That way, some stores can move to upper stories and there would be more room for expansion. I also think that would make Downtown Disney seem nicer. To get to the plaza in between the parks, you would have to take a very long stairway from the top story of the mall over the new showbuildings for rides. It wouldn't look pretty, but that's the best we could do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast