Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Not Here / Not Now

A113's Armchair Imagineering - Maņanaland (aka Tomorrowland)

I'm back with yet another armchair imagineering plan. So after Toontown I already had plans for Tomorrowland, and I finally got to sharing them with you. Now the following may either
    1. Alarm You
    2. Surprise You
    3. Disgust You
    4. Unleash a huge flame-war that jeopardizes humanity
    5. Megan Fox

So for the time being Tomorrowland obviously needs a completely new look, but that involves a large cost of money, and is far ahead in the future (In my opinion that is). But for now, the land on its own needs significant re-arranging, in which I believe will and should suffice for now.

For starters, Carousel of Progress. If you have watched the Wonderful World of Color Episode of the New York World's Fair, Walt Disney said that the attractions displayed would have a permanent home at Disneyland; Magic Skyway, Carousel of Progress, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and it's a small world. Ironically, the show was removed and ended up residing in Walt Disney World. IMO, that's a shame, no offense to the WDW-goers. But With the animatronic technology that Imagineering has achieved in today's standards, the show would not only be better, up-to-date, but also be extensively futuristic, and have a larger effect on the show's purpose on what we can be expecting in the future, and the central focus of progress. But where can Innoventions go? I mean to be honest, it was a bit pointless to have it in a circular moving building. And is it really all that popular? Maybe, but it can be moved to a smaller space. And by smaller space, I'm talking about the current Starcade and unoccupied upper floor of the Starcade. I think if Disney put this into consideration, there would be a great outcome.

So what else is there to do?

And that brings me to the idea I have had for a long time now, which explains the Flame-War possibility enlisted. I think it would be a fantastic idea that we completely change Redd Rocket's Pizza Port to Pizza Planet, as seen in Toy Story. Yes, I know, NO PIXAR, I get it. But here's the explanation as to WHY this would be a great addition for the land.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpWJOo0x4c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbpWJOo0x4c[/ame]

It has a very similar look to the structure today, but there can be large improvement to this. For starters, the entrance can be extended out to where the outdoor eating area is, allowing space for the entry hallway used in the Pizza Planet in the movie. Think about it, having automatic doors with robotic guards and a trippy entrance hallway screams out the initial function and purpose of Tomorrowland. It's these small details that ultimately benefits and boosts the aesthetics of the land.

Next, is what would be put in the inner chamber buffet area, where you would get your food, drinks, etc., would be the location of the arcade. And you know what would make it extensively special? If Disney were to replicate the arcade games used in Toy Story, instead of re-using arcade games such as Dance-Dance-Revolution, Jurrasic Park, Hydro Thunder, etc. It would be really convincing while also entertaining. Planet Killer, Whack an Alien, and I'm pretty sure some of you would totally go for some of that Alien Slime (Which I do have to add has to also be part of this Pizza Planet). The eating can take place where the eating tables are located next to Space Mountain. To make the building look more realistic, there could be a glass wall separating the eating area and the entranceway to Space Mountain.

Overall, I think it would be a fantastic idea. And the Pixarism can be mellowed down to a minimum, with the most pixar theming on would be the green alien claw machine, at the most. And if you don't like the idea, rant away, I won't be listening

Other than the inevitable obvious of bringing back the People Mover, the only other idea I have is a bit silly and far-fetched, which is to raise the observatory and install a rotating sit-down restaurant sandwiched between the loading station for the People Mover and the observatory. Similar to one used in an episode of the Simpsons, and an architectural style of a 360° Observatory significantly reminiscent of the Encounter Restaurant @ LAX (Los Angeles International Airport).

Like I said, far-fetched, but it'd give a completely new perspective at the future, and Tomorrowland (literally).

That is all I have to say for now, thanks for reading

-A113
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

Re: A113's Armchair Imagineering - Maņanaland (aka Tomorrowland)

pizza planet would be perfect for tomorrowland, that is the one in nara dreamland. other than that great ideas

• Not Here / Not Now

What is this Nara Dreamland you speak of. The only one I know is gone.

• Minion

I don't like the Pizza Planet idea either. That space could be used for something that could enhance the theme of the land, other than a cheap movie tie-in.

• Not Here / Not Now

I'm pretty sure I backed up my proposal with supportive information that the addition won't be a cheap tie in and why it will be a great addition.

• Minion

But saying that it will be a great addition is a 100% opinion. There is enough Pixar in Tomorrowland and a ride or unique experience should be put in the space so that it can support the theme of TOMORROW. Pizza Planet is a modern restaurant chain in the movie.

• Not Here / Not Now

Ideas are opinions. Maybe I am being bias, but I did supply evidence for how it could be a great addition. It beats someone who just says "It's going to be a great idea," and leaves it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    It has a very similar look to the structure today, but there can be large improvement to this. For starters, the entrance can be extended out to where the outdoor eating area is, allowing space for the entry hallway used in the Pizza Planet in the movie. Think about it, having automatic doors with robotic guards and a trippy entrance hallway screams out the initial function and purpose of Tomorrowland. It's these small details that ultimately benefits and boosts the aesthetics of the land.
    Tell me everything about Redd Rocket's Pizza Port that benefits the universal theme of Tomorrow.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    Ideas are opinions.
    Okay, but do you agree that a "restaurant chain of today" wouldn't fit in the land of "Tomorrow"?

I never said that RRPP enhances the theme of tomorrow. I have been saying that a new "ride or unique experience" would help Tomorrowland become the land it could be.

• Banned User

other than pizza planet the moving innoventions into the starcade building is a good idea. kill 2 birds with 1 stone

• Not Here / Not Now

EDIT: I understand you never mentioned RRPP. But Tomorrowland would need at least one main eating venue, and Tomorrowland Terrace indefinitely doesn't suffice. Utilizing futuristic technology and small details on the Pizza Port, as used in the film, will really support Tomorrowland and the theme of tomorrow. Which is why I brought out the Robotic guards animatronics illusion opening the door for you, and so forth.

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Nice work!

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.11.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 18

• Minion

I understand what you are saying. You want to put a restaurant of today in the land of tomorrow. It would look just like the movie and have some Toy Story games.

You are missing the point that I am making. All ideas aren't great ones. You need to take criticism for you ideas to grow. I also want an attraction or unique experience to go in the RRPP area.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Great ideas, really.

The only thing I don't get is how Pizza Planet is futuristic? Of course, it would probably be better than the Pizza Port as it is now, but I think they could make a more appropriate themed eatery. The rotating idea is awesome.

Now, a Pizza Planet at DCA would probably be a fantastic fit.

• Not Here / Not Now

I know what criticsm is, I make roller coasters in a simulator, and post them on a different site, and gathered insight from other members. I know how to take criticsm, I'm just trying to help address my point, since I thought you didn't understand it.

And no, I never wanted a modern restaurant in the futuristic world. That's Pizza Port. Like I said, futuristic appeal such as the robotic animatronics opening the door help out with the futuristic theme. As mentioned in the original post, these small details benefit the theme of tomorrowland. There is NOTHING futuristic about RRPP. And Tomorrowland needs the true restaurant of Tomorrow.

• Minion

Sorry for the confusion!

I do agree with the Innoventions move. And I really do want to see the Carrousel of Progress in Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast