Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Gay Man

Re: Anne Geddes Store now Open!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Overheard last night in front of the new Anne Geddes store (True Story):

Person 1: "Who is going to come all the way to Disneyland just to buy a picture of a naked baby?"

Person 2: "Michael Jackson"
    How oh so very appropriate.

This is one of those real life situations where you just wish you could give a person reputation.

• Official Mice Chat person

One question, does this store just sell pictures of other peoples babys dressed up? Or do moms take their kids in and have a portrait done? I'm all for having kids, but dressing them up like vegetables is a bit strange to me.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

My reaction to the store.

MEH
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb

LOOK! It's the new AP LOUNGE!!!!!

• Man O Lantern

I can't wait to egg it when I'm in town. That picture makes me feel like I stepped back into 1997 and I'm wondering if Ross and Rachel will stay together. Egads.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb
    an open-air type store? Isn't it enclosed right next to the geddes store?

Here are some raw pics that I took Wednesday:
    the ICON / Oakley sunglass store

The Anne Geddes store:

Really, in my opinion, it's not as bad a place as some of you are making it out to be (again, in my opinion).

It's a nice addition to Downtown Disney. I like when you are arriving in on the tram and you see the soft colors that are painted around the entrance. I also like the classy "Anne Geddes" name above the door.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I can't wait to egg it when I'm in town. That picture makes me feel like I stepped back into 1997 and I'm wondering if Ross and Rachel will stay together. Egads.
    Thank you!!!

Next up: The Pet Rock Quarry. Mood Rings R Us. The Crimper Cart. Peter Piper Parachute Pants. Intellivision Institute. Heidies Frogen Yozurt.

• Gay Man

Who ate my Fruzen Glazen!

• Who's your DaddyB?

Many things that were popular back in the 90's are still around today and not mocked... remember GAP? Ben & Jerrys? Rainforest Cafe? ESPN Zone?

Just because it's not new and hot doesn't make it automatically passe. Sometimes things turn into classics. I'm not saying Anne Geddes is necessarily of 'classic' material (no pun intended) but she is in the transition stage and she shouldn't be faulted for trying to expand her brand and not become stale.

I really don't see all that much difference in pulling that slightly sarcastic or anti-social t-shirt over your shoulders thinking you're making a statement about yourself so that others will think your cool (or how about those C.O.W. avatars in your signature line?), and putting something that you think is cute and adorable on your child's body. In both cases, you're making a statement of who you are. Parents have been taking (what later turned out to be embarrasing to the baby) pictures of their babies almost since the invention of the deguerretype (a predecessor of the camera). How do you think the naked baby on the polar bear rug came to be such a stereotype in our society? I don't see how Anne Geddes' ART is all that much different.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• e komo mai

Is she going to sell any babies? If so, I want to guy a Hawaiian one and a Finnish one to match Ralphie and I.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    If so, I want to guy a Hawaiian one and a Finnish one to match Ralphie and I.
    Well, there are plenty of kids dressed as fruit in some of her pics.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Fruity Babies - the next big thing in candy by Anne Geddes.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the pictures, or dressing babies up like inanamate objects. I think its cute. Too cute. WAY to cute for my tastes. I just can't take it. But I know I'm in the minority in that.

But daddyb... art? Really? You think its ART? I dunno about that. I spent tens of thousands of dollars and years of my life studying art in college and I just can't see Anne Geddes' photography as art. Then again I can't bring myself to consider Thomas Kinkade's stuff real art either. I think I'm going to be in the minority on those two points too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• is satisfactual.

I spent tens of thousands of dollars and years of my life studying art in college and I just can't see Anne Geddes' photography as art. Then again I can't bring myself to consider Thomas Kinkade's stuff real art either.
    Same, same, same. Stop being me already, haha. But I'm glad to not have to be the one to premiere these opinions.

It's a classy looking joint and there's nothing wrong with liking pictures of babies in cauliflowers, or babies on melons, or babies on pumpkins or any other fruit or vegetable. But honestly, the woman puts a nine month old baby in a bee costume and then has someone Photoshop it on top of a daffodil. And there hasn't been much variation in her work either. What on earth is the creative input here...? Why is this woman getting a chain of stores as opposed to say, the person who Photoshopped Bush's book upside down, haha.

To doubt her marketing skills would be foolish, but her artistic skills should be questioned at the least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast