• Now 40% less bitter!

I think this is my first trip report!

I think.
    I've been on this forum so long...
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Hmm, anyway, I went to the parks yesterday (Tuesday, February 23, 2010) with a friend and we had a great time. Dispite fears that the resort would be crowded due to Cpt. EO, it totally wasn't! We arrived around noon and stayed until about 7pm.
    When we arrived, I renewed my pass. Instead of the premium, I went for the deluxe on the monthly payment plan. Here's why: $18.09 each month is a far better deal than just over $30 each month. The next time I go, I'll pay the difference and upgrade to the premium and still pay the $18.09 each month! How nifty is that? I researched the Disney website and that's completely within the rules, so if you're looking to save a few dollars every month but don't want to give up your park(s), there's an idea!
    We completely lucked out everywhere we went. All the rides we went on had a wait of 20 minutes or under! We decided to splurge for dinner this once and eat at the Blue Bayou. We were the third-to-the-last party to get into the lobby without a reservation! Manish was an awesome server and my portabello mushroom with couscous was wonderful!
    The only issue I had all day was standing in line for Space Mtn. There were these teenage girls who had no concept of personal space. Then it occured to me that anytime I have to deal with personal space issues in line for an attraction at DL, it's almost always at Space Mtn. Has anyone else noticed this? What could it be, I wonder? The nature of the ride? The queue? I don't know, but my friend made a face so funny for the picture that another guest laughed out loud and took a picture of her with her phone!
    It was a great day. We even got onto a tram immediately! But my friend made a point and I think she's right: the reason for the lack of crowds was the fact that there is no longer free birthday admission. We saw people with birthday buttons, but only a fraction of what you would see last year.
    That's it! My friend took all of the pictures, so if she sends some my way, I'll try to post them. Thanks for reading!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: I think this is my first trip report!

Great, will be looking forward to the picture's

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    The only issue I had all day was standing in line for Space Mtn. There were these teenage girls who had no concept of personal space. Then it occured to me that anytime I have to deal with personal space issues in line for an attraction at DL, it's almost always at Space Mtn. Has anyone else noticed this? What could it be, I wonder? The nature of the ride? The queue?!
    AliKzam,

I totally agree with you! Last summer, my friend and I were walking down the queue ramp for Space and these teenage girls were horsing around behind us. We just gave each other a look like "here we go". However, at the end of the ramp, we had to start slowing down because the line started to move slower. One of the girls behind us proceeded to continue running with her Mickey light saber in her hands pointed straight forward. She ended up running into my friends back, impaling her on the light saber (thank God it was collapsible)!!

I can't put my finger on it either, but I always see the most horsing around/personal space invasion while waiting in this line. I always wonder if it is because the queue itself is skinnier, whether it appeals to an older, less supervised audience, or what but I just don't get it.

Maybe we should start calling it "Respect My Personal Space" Mountain.

Speaking as the impaled friend - most definitely annoying. Hilarious though I'm sure for TikiRoom due to the fact that because the light saber was collapsible - it looked like I was actually impaled! lol

To add insult to injury - they ended up on the same train as us.....

• Now 40% less bitter!

Bummer. Two of the pushy girls on Tuesday sat behind us and the one behind me managed to pull my hair three times.
    But seriously, other than that experience, it was a great day.
    Oo-de-lally!