Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mickatey Mouse

Careers at Disneyland / with Disney

If you could work at Disneyland or inside Disney, what would you want to do? I've applied to be a cosmetologist but never heard back I've really been thinking lately that I'd love to get involved one way or another with Disney, whether at the park or with the company. What are some suggestions? It's probably really hard to get involved with creating and coming up with ideas for the park, I bet. Perhaps become an Imagineer?

PS I can't get enough of this board, I'm addicted!

• Disneyland CM

Re: Careers at Disneyland / with Disney

If you can get your foot in the door, there are a lot of opportunities and avenues you can take.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

• Not a Minion

I personally like dealing with media: video production/post-production, photography/digital imaging, and web design/development. So if I were to work for the company, it would be somewhere along those areas. Within imagineering, I would want to work with imagineers and find ways to innovate ways in which digital media can be used to make attractions and shows more attractive. For example, I had a similar idea of the multiplane projection technique they are using for WoC before they announced it. I had this idea of using two projectors projecting on two different translucent screens to create a depth perception. Just didn't have the money or time to implement it, but I sure enjoyed thinking about it.

Within Disneyland, I'd like to be the crew that goes around with video cameras filming stuff for b-roll for commercials or working as a photographer in the park.

As the company as a whole, I'd like to be a cameraman for their various events, whether it be for photos or videos, or a video editor, web site designer for their public sites or even possibly designer to develop their intranet (the network that is specific to the walt disney company and specific employees could access).

The Walt Disney Company is a media giant and the largest employer in the san fernando valley, so by living in the San Fernando Valley and having my eyes set to work in the media industry, I sure hope that I can make my way into working for the company.

PS: My personal favorite disney site: https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...szIsJobBoard=0

• Minion

I wish they would have docents, like any historic place has, who would just be there and answer questions about the place and its history. You wouldn't have to take a paid tour to talk to them, they would just be there and would answer questions and tell you interesting information, point out things that some people miss, give short talks at specified times and places, etc. Partly a guest relations type of job, but also partly a historian type of job. That's a job I'd love to have there, though there are people far more qualified than me for that type of job.

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

I would want to be either an engineer, or a conductor on the DLRR. I already have experience with running a steam engine, and to tell people to follow the rules of the train.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Mickatey Mouse

ryanvalle, what amazing ideas.. have you been looking to get involved with the company? have you gone to college for any of your talent? i started to google and look online for careers with disney and just got lost in it all really. i started to get down because i figure even with a great college degree, it seems as though it's still hard to get inside the company. i do hair and one of my clients actually went through the college internship so i'll have to pick her brain with more questions.

Bob Weaver, what a great great idea, i would most definitely utilize a tool such as that. i'm not one much for tours, i'm a very quick fast paced person who likes to go and do whatever. have you ever thought about getting involved with the company?

DisneyTrains how awesome is that!! have you ever looked into that? my boyfriends friend works disneyland at night, refueling and things like that.. it seems so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mickatey View Post
    DisneyTrains how awesome is that!! have you ever looked into that? my boyfriends friend works disneyland at night, refueling and things like that.. it seems so interesting.
    I have actually. One of the engineers there is a member of the club I go to, and have asked him how to apply there.

Your bf has a cool job! Does he get to go backstage to a bunch of attractions much?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Minion

Thanks, and no I've never tried to get a job there, even though I lived 8 miles from DL in the City of Orange for 13 years. I feel like Disneyland is my "home town" since I've been going there since 1965. And I've known several friends who have worked there. What would be your ideal job there? I'm sure they have cosmetology job openings all the time, for the cast and probably for the Bibbidi boutique.

• Not a Minion

ryanvalle, what amazing ideas.. have you been looking to get involved with the company? have you gone to college for any of your talent? i started to google and look online for careers with disney and just got lost in it all really. i started to get down because i figure even with a great college degree, it seems as though it's still hard to get inside the company. i do hair and one of my clients actually went through the college internship so i'll have to pick her brain with more questions.
    I'm currently attending CSU, NOrthridge and working hard on their multimedia program, learning as much as I can both within school and outside of school to develop the knowledge and experience i need for such a competitive workforce. Disney pretty much requires you have a college degree for a lot of their positions, so at the moment, I can't get a full-time job for the company, but I'm looking at various internship positions (excluding the Disney College Programs) that will gain me some experience within the company, getting to know some people, and hopefully make a big enough impact where they would want me to return once I graduate.

So in the long run, i do want to get involved with the company. I attempted an internship last summer for their undergraduate studies studio internship and got a call back, saying that the rep liked my resumé and will forward my information to the hiring manager and if they had any spots open, they would definitely like to have me on board. Unfortunately, no spots that I was qualified for opened up and didn't even get an interview, but the fact that I got a call back gives me hope for this year where I've applied for 2 different intern programs. .

Getting into Disney is a very competitive challenge to do, so start low and if possible, broaden your talents and knowledge. Starting low is the biggest part that you probably have to take, whether it be an internship for the company or somewhere else because I'm sure previous professional experience helps.

Lastly, I want to share this tidbit of information which my teacher shared with me, who happened to work for the company as a producer for many years:

Yes - cover letters are very important.

You should tell them why you want this specific job - why this internship is
    important to you.

Don't rehash your resume...they have it.

• Mickatey Mouse

DisneyTrains - so! what did your friend say? did you ever go through with it? it's actually my boyfriends friend, so i don't know much about it but i'll try to find out soon!

Bob Weaver - i applied for the cosmetology job in december and from that date on i have to wait six more months until i can apply again

ryanvalle - you're killin it! good for you dude, i really hope it all works out for you. i have a feeling you'll make it

• Please pull the yellowtab

I'm aiming for a law internship with Walt Disney Company to get my foot in the door. I regret not going to college in SoCal because it would have given me the opportunity to apply for the internships offered to undergrads.

@ryanville: I check the job openings website all the time. However, it's been really disheartening to see no real opportunities for recent college grads. No doubt a testament to the fallout from last year's housing bubble collapse. I seemed to have missed my chance. I guess I'll have to wait for another 2 years before I can even consider handing in my resume. It seems like a majority of the jobs on the website call for current undergrads or individuals earning their masters.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• lover of DL churros

im currently going to school for Marketing after a failed career in music. Hopefully going to get into that side of Disney. I admire the company as a whole and have always said how awesome it would be to work for them. After i relocate im going to start really looking into what it would take to get a job working for them in some aspect.

DisneyTrains - so! what did your friend say? did you ever go through with it? it's actually my boyfriends friend, so i don't know much about it but i'll try to find out soon!
    Well for one thing They have a minimum age to be an engineer, I'm not old enough sadly. He also said if I do join I would be doing a lot of night shifts, but that doesn't bother me none since I love running trains at night . And that I would have to join some engineers union to become an engineer.

Ah ok....well your bf's friend has an awesome job!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    ....I check the job openings website all the time......
    OOoo. Whats the website?

• Please pull the yellowtab

@DisneyTrains: You can fill out the fields to narrow down your search to where you live or what type of job you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    PS: My personal favorite disney site: https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...szIsJobBoard=0

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast