Talking 6 practically perfect days in Disneyland!

Frank and I had a wonderful time in Disneyland just the vacation to hit the spot. We kept ourselves busy but surprisingly I did not push too hard. The first 4 days were crazy busy, with 11 people being at Disneyland at the same time it was fun and there was always somebody to do something with.
    THURSDAY
    Right off the bat Frank and I rode Space Mountain which is awesome and Pirates of the Caribbean. Then we met up with Dad, Mom, and Chris after that all rides were fair game and we got in quite a few. That night for dinner we met up with Jen and Alec and went to the ESPN zone it was not too late of a night because we all were exhausted.
    FRIDAY
    The next morning we woke up and headed to Knott’s Berry Farm with Mom. It was dead there which was great we walked right on to every ride. This was a nice contrast to Disneyland on Thursday which was packed and I got my foot run over by a stroller at least twice. We started the day a Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner for breakfast and then headed into the park. We had fun and discovered a ride called the Excelerator wow was it fast 0-84 mph in less then a second. After a fun filled day we still had an exciting night planned. We all met at Medieval Times where I partook in a “small” margarita which was poured perfectly, for me (3/4 alcohol to ¼ mixer)!! Our knight won and all of our voices were tired from yelling “Red and Yellow.” After that we met back in the park for the Amazing Fantasmic. What a way to put an exclamation point of a day.
    SATURDAY
    Saturday morning came early with an early entrance into Fantasyland were we meet Jennifer, Chris, and Alec for a ride on the Matahorn bobsled before breakfast at the Carnation Café. Then we spent Saturday between Disneyland and California Adventure doing all the really good rides. Even Mom rode Tower of Terror and had the best picture taken at the top with her mouth wide open in terror. It was fun. That night all 11 of us met for dinner at the Blue Bayou. After that we went to watch the fireworks show which was excellent. We even had a good view even though we only waited for a half an hour. That night Frank and I did the world famous Jungle Cruise with the best skipper Captain Mikey. He had me rolling in the aisles and Frank even laughed too.
    SUNDAY
    Sunday morning was the day everyone else was leaving so we meet for breakfast at Goofy’s kitchen and then started doing all the things that needed to be done before everyone left and that included Indiana Jones for Alec I think we did it 3 times that day and he wanted to do it more. After Mom, Dad, Tara, and Chris left we went over and rode Space Mountain twice back to back it was fun. We finished with a ride on Astro Blaster were Frank of course racked up the highest score of all of us. Then we said goodbye and headed over to California Adventure for a night ride on Tower of Terror which was so worth it. Surprisingly we called it an early night that night.
    MONDAY
    Monday morning Frank and I got up and went to the park for our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Which was fun, but I would not do it again. We learned a little but we had 2 old ladies in motorized wheelchairs who could not keep up. We would walk about 20 feet stop wait for them listen and then repeat. Then because the elevator was broken to the Gallery balcony where we were supposed to eat lunch we had to eat in Café New Orleans, we could have done that any day. Anyways it was not a total loss I got to have Walt’s favorite meal chili cheese soufflé, yum!! And we took our picture in the elevator at Club 33. After the tour we just walked around and took in being in Disneyland listening to the music and looking at all the sites, it was fun. We went to the First 50 Years exhibit and watched a fun and informative Movie with Steve Martin; I think we learned just as much in the movie as we did on the tour. After that we watched the Parade of Dreams which was really neat all the floats were great but my favorite was the Rhino in front of the Lion King float his head bobbed like a bobble head doll.
    TUESDAY
    Tuesday morning was the last day of our 6 day adventure so we woke up early packed up and headed to the park. We got to see the park open and went into ride all the rides in Fantasyland. After that we went to Mickey’s Toontown Madness where Mayor Mickey himself made us honorary members of Toontown. It was good then we got to meet and greet Mickey and Minnie. The rest of the day was spent shopping and just soaking in every last drop of being in Disneyland. We were also trying to achieve my personal goal of seeing Mary Poppins before we left, which was running short on time. Before we left we did go and watch some of the original Mickey cartoons in the theater. As we were saying goodbye to Disneyland who should appear but Mary Poppins, I was so excited. We followed her around as she played Hide and Seek with Burt and then I got a picture I was so happy I could not stop smiling. It was the perfect ending to a perfect vacation!!

What a Jolly Holiday all I have to say now is . . . Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!
    Which I can say backwards Dociousaliespiesticfragicalirupus!! Either way it works!

Here are some of the pictures.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/brookmurphy
    Last edited by DisneylandPlanner; 10-29-2005 at 01:24 PM.

This one time on Friends . . .

Re: 6 practically perfect days in Disneyland!

I have pictures but I do not know how to share them Oh well!

• Loves a tea party!

Sounds like you had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner
    I have pictures but I do not know how to share them Oh well!
    There are several services available for this. One is at www.webshots.com where you can upload your digital images and then you may post a link so others can visit them.

Thanks Alice I wrote the post with pictures in mind so I will make them available.

• Banned User

Sounds like a great time! And you are very lucky because saturday was mikey's last day doing the Cruise. He is the best skipper of all time! Cant wait to see pics.

Why was it Mikey's last day?

• e komo mai

6 days! Wow, you're a diehard DL fan.
    Congrats!

• Monorail Racer

Sorry - very weird hiccup with the browser, the site or something. This post duped five times or so? Editing any one seems to edit only the initial one. Very strange. I don't know what happened, but apologies anyway!

Here are the pictures to gowith the post. Enjoy I hope it works

http://photos.yahoo.com/brookmurphy

• Wonderful World

I like how u put the picture of the back of the castle in black in white to resemble the shot with walt disney in it.I did the same exact thing when I last went in the summer
    I'm back MiceChat

• Wonderful World

I like how u put the picture of the back of the castle in black in white to resemble the shot with walt disney in it.I did the same exact thing when I last went in the summer
    I'm back MiceChat

• Disney Gram

So glad you had a great trip!! Enjoyed the pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

15 days until I leave...eight days...can't wait!!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• Loves a tea party!

Thanks for the pics. They look great!

• I Heart Disney!!!

nic epics they were quite enjoyable and made me excite for my trip there this christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice thanks so much with helping me post my pictures. It sure is fun to share them!