Question Disneyland vouchers question

Are Disneyland Give a day vouchers upgradeable to an annual pass Online or over the phone? I understand the options if you already have a pass.I believe you can apply the voucher towards a pass there at the resort on the day you redeem it, but I`m trying to avoid the wait in line at the booth by getting the passes online for three Grandkids and my daughter.When I got my first pass online, they sent me a card good at the gate and had the rest of the day to find time for getting my picture taken for the annual pass. If I could use the voucher online or over the phone would I still have to bring birth certificates as IDs for the kids?

Re: Disneyland vouchers question

You need to do it in person since you are using the vouchers to upgrade...they are a form of payment and will need to be handed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    ...I`m trying to avoid the wait in line at the booth....
    If you don't like waiting in line, you're in for a Looooooooong day

Thanks for the replies. I used a Disney rewards card to help pay for my pass and only had to read the card number over the phone to get credit for it.The vouchers have a bar code and I thought I may be able to give them that number over the phone to use it.

Nope...those tickets end up going to ticket services to be accounted for. Sorry

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Two choices - Get there Real Early before the big lines form at the ticket booths. The parking structure opens and the trams start up one hour before the first park opening.

(Usually DL opens first, but check - with DCA testing World Of Color in the evening after close, they are starting to push their opening and closing times forward to make more evening.)

Or drive down and check into your hotel the night before, then go to the ticket booths after dinner. Good news: There's usually no line, or a very short one. Bad news: There are only a few windows open in the evening, so even a short line moves glacially...

But either way it's still a lot better than the long lines at the 9 AM to One-ish peak times.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Thanks, again.I don`t mind going real early,or even waiting in line, but the three Grandkids won`t understand why we have to get in one line to get the pass and then get in an even longer line to get into the park.I saw the lines when they had get in free on your birthday and everybody had to show ID. We`ll just have to deal with it.Thanks.

If there's at least one grandkid old enough to supervise the others for a little while, and you have Family Radios or Cellphones so they don't lose you... ( Remember, there are No Lost Children at Disneyland - only Lost Parents. )

Get there early. You go get in the line for the ticket booths and take care of those duties, they (or at least the oldest few) get in line for admission to the Park.

And if for some strange reason you can't get done and get over there before the gate opens, they can step off to one side at the turnstiles and start letting people "go around" till you do.

Oh, and if you get a set of the generic 462-467 MHz Family Radios at Best Buy or Costco (Motorola and Uniden make nice ones that do both FRS and GMRS, splurge for a second set of rechargeable battery packs)...

Do NOT leave them on the default Channel 1, Privacy Tone 1 FRS setting - because almost everyone else there is doing the exact same thing. Ever heard 50 people try to talk over each other at the same time in a noisy room? You'll get to scrum with them.

And if you want more privacy, check out the General Mobile Radio Service. Different channels, more power, more range, and the ability to set up your own hill-top repeater system (or lease space on a commercial service repeater) to cover the whole town.

And with FRS/GMRS, if when someone loses/breaks a radio, it's not the end of the world (or a big fee) to replace it like a cellphone.

--<< Bruce >>--

• ---------------

Thanks for the replies. I used a Disney rewards card to help pay for my pass and only had to read the card number over the phone to get credit for it.The vouchers have a bar code and I thought I may be able to give them that number over the phone to use it.
    They gladly take money (Credit cards) over the phone.
    It's the free part that doesn't come so easy.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

It's possible, and it wouldn't faze me if they could - but it depends on your time frame. If they can do the transaction over the phone and mail you the media, you have to be at least a week out (preferably two weeks) to allow for mailing it to your residence.

(A day or two for Disney to print stuff and mail, and some slack time for the Post Office to lose it in their system for a day or two longer than their promised standards without a panic attack on your part.)

If you want to do this tomorrow... You'll have to do it when you get there. Safest way to handle it, but it means waiting in line at the window.

--<< Bruce >>--