Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Expansion Question

    I was wondering what all the information we've been given to for the expansions is and what any interpretations are of anything we've received on the net. Also feel free to post hopes dreams fears etc!

    To start things off one interpretation I've made is in Al's update he mentioned the Festival of Fool's area and a flume ride. Hmm i said to myself a flume ride in frontierland...I wonder what that could be
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  2. #2

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    I was wondering what all the information we've been given to for the expansions is and what any interpretations are of anything we've received on the net. Also feel free to post hopes dreams fears etc!
    Expansion of DCA (all or certain areas)?
    Possible Ideas for Frontierland?
    Expansion (if we are lucky to get a face life) of TL?
    Adding things in certain areas of the RR?

    All of the above?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Expansion of DCA (all or certain areas)?
    Possible Ideas for Frontierland?
    Expansion (if we are lucky to get a face life) of TL?
    Adding things in certain areas of the RR?

    All of the above?
    Anything and everything
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  4. #4

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    Anything and everything
    that's a wide net.

    I just know we are stuck w/ rumors until it's done.
    We get happy for something and then the budget is cut.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    that's a wide net.

    I just know we are stuck w/ rumors until it's done.
    We get happy for something and then the budget is cut.
    That's what i want to hear about the rumors!
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  6. #6

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    That's what i want to hear about the rumors!
    Look in the project trackers.


  7. #7

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Look in the project trackers.
    yeah
    they are there
    and Al talks about some.
    Al is usually pretty good about being on the money though (unless budgets get cut...and lately, that's a normal thing)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Expansion Question

    The project trackers are hard to wade through with much debating about light output and other nonsense. I wanted to start a thread were people can put down things they've heard or their interpretation of what has been hinted at specifically for Phase 2 of DCA.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,641

    Re: Expansion Question

    I desperately want to see Western River Expedition in Frontierland! I think it would be awesome to finally create this masterpiece and it would really help establish the theme that Frontierland is slowly inching away from.

    I know I will probably get attacked at for this, but I don't really like the concept of Discovery Bay. I don't know why, but I am not intrigued by this San Franciscan type port between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

    My vote goes to WRE for Frontierland!

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I desperately want to see Western River Expedition in Frontierland! I think it would be awesome to finally create this masterpiece and it would really help establish the theme that Frontierland is slowly inching away from.

    I know I will probably get attacked at for this, but I don't really like the concept of Discovery Bay. I don't know why, but I am not intrigued by this San Franciscan type port between Frontierland and Fantasyland.

    My vote goes to WRE for Frontierland!
    That would be fabulous, and Al did very stealthily (to my interpretation) hint at that in his update "Tony Baxter gave his sales pitch to Tom on the creative ideas to expand the park to the north, as the rest of the TDA executives smiled at Tom from under their umbrellas with visions of high capacity flume rides and people-eating E Tickets dancing in their heads."

    I'd say that WRE is definitely both a flume ride and people eating E ticket!
    Though I have some personal reservations (see in my sig)
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  11. #11

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Expansion Question

    If you want rumors, the big rumors for DL are, a new ride to build built in the place of Innoventions, a new show or ride to be built in place of EO, and a huge expansion to be built in the FOF/Circle D ranch which will include a flume ride, but it was never said if it was going to be a new land or Fronteirland expansion. Another rumor is the arcade to be built along the backside of the east side of main street, that's looking like it's a go.


  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: Expansion Question

    ^ Thanks! Any musings on what they should be?
    Armchair Imagineering!:

    The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

    Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

  13. #13

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,165

    Re: Expansion Question

    Any ride added to Disneyland will have to meet one of the following criteria:

    1) Based on an already existing ride franchise.
    2) Based on a movie or cartoon franchise.
    3) A thrill ride.

  14. #14

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    ^ Thanks! Any musings on what they should be?
    Right now it's

    Wall-E in Innoventions.

    Monsters Inc. in HISTA/EO

    and rumors for a Tinkerbell Dark Ride which I forgot to mention where the motorboat cruise area by IASW.


  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,641

    Re: Expansion Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    That would be fabulous, and Al did very stealthily (to my interpretation) hint at that in his update "Tony Baxter gave his sales pitch to Tom on the creative ideas to expand the park to the north, as the rest of the TDA executives smiled at Tom from under their umbrellas with visions of high capacity flume rides and people-eating E Tickets dancing in their heads."

    I'd say that WRE is definitely both a flume ride and people eating E ticket!
    Though I have some personal reservations (see in my sig)
    That was my interpretation too! I started to jump for joy when I read it! I really hope that WRE is the flume ride that is being considered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] ToonTown Expansion
    By DisneyManiac in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 06:00 PM
  2. [Question] Hi-res DCA expansion map
    By Reeder in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 07:21 AM
  3. [Question] DCA Expansion Phase 2
    By disneylandfan95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
  4. DCA expansion
    By Daboltz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
  5. Second WoW Expansion Annoucned!
    By elly in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •