Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nerd

Blue Man Group at the Hyperion

Put a show similar to the Blue Man Group into the Hyperion Theater in DCA! or Over in the outdoor amphitheater in Disneyland over by Small World.

I know I'll get chastised for bad or no theme but I'll leave it to the creatives to figure out how to theme the show so it works.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Minion

Re: Blue Man Group at the Hyperion

I love the blue man group, however I do not see how they are connected to Disney. I really think we need to use Disney stories in these theaters because there are so many amazing stories to tell from the Disney archives. I agree that Toy story was not the best choice for DCA but I would not want to see it replaced with something non-Disney.

• Minion

IMO BMG is too "Vegas" for the Hyperion Theater/Hollywoodland. I have seen the Blue Man Group at the Venetian and although it is an excellent show, it is better suited for DTD in it's own dedicated theater much like La Nouba at WDW.

My vote still goes towards Hunchback for the Hyperion but that's another thread...

• Addicted to Disney

Yeah, it doesn't really belong in any park. But, if it were to happen in one of the parks, I would put it in DCA.

• Closed Account

It's a neat idea, but I agree the BMG would be better suited for its own theater in Downtown Disney. I love the idea of giving that part of the Resort its own Vegas-style show for guests to enjoy outside the Parks.
    In addition, I think Downtown Disney is a more likely option because the BMG obviously knows how to make money, and I very seriously doubt that Disney would be willing to pay them more for a multi-year, non-ticketed deal than they're already making for individually ticketed, high-priced shows.

• Sock Puppet

These shows need to be based on Disney classics. I second the Hunchback nomination!

• Banned User

I think Disney classics belong in Fantasyland theater, so bring an original show (meaning non-Movie) to the Hyperion that has Disney Characters.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I think Disney classics belong in Fantasyland theater, so bring an original show (meaning non-Movie) to the Hyperion that has Disney Characters.
    I do agree classic Disney stories to belong in the Fantasyland Theater but the way I see a Hunchback production in my mind, it requires the Hyperion.

BMG for DTD dedicated theater. Hunchback for Hyperion. Alice for Fantasyland Theater (to promote the film).

• Nerd

I'm not saying bring in "The" Blue Man Group. I suggesting that a Blue Man "Type" of show be created using Disney themed ideas. Think about what makes the BM show so good.
    Its extremely creative, modern, different, funny, the music is awesome, its interactive and engaging. They do incredible things with lighting and props. A lot of the Disney shows, plays, parades and movies are getting kind of predictable, I say mix it up!!! A modern Hunchback?
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    My vote still goes towards Hunchback for the Hyperion but that's another thread...
    Disagree. Hunchback came and went. Let's bring in something new.

Quote Originally Posted by David1984 View Post
    These shows need to be based on Disney classics. I second the Hunchback nomination!
    Yes and no. Yes, on Disney classics. No, not the Hunchback.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    We don't agree on much, but with this, I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    I'm not saying bring in "The" Blue Man Group. I suggesting that a Blue Man "Type" of show be created using Disney themed ideas. Think about what makes the BM show so good.
    Its extremely creative, modern, different, funny, the music is awesome, its interactive and engaging. They do incredible things with lighting and props. A lot of the Disney shows, plays, parades and movies are getting kind of predictable, I say mix it up!!! A modern Hunchback?
    I'd love to see a blue man style show in the Hyperion. I think a show that combines the lights, drum/percussions of Blue Man Group, and the dancing similar to Pilobolus, with the stories of Disney films, it could work!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Not sure about Blue Man Group for the Hyperion,

But I KNOW that I don't want to see little green army men and little green aliens in that buiilding.

• Zephyr Pilot

No one has mentioned "Blast!" yet, formerly in the Hyperion. What was micechat's general opinion on that? That was Blue Man-ish in some ways.

Also, I'd just like to note I'm a huge BMG fan. Or was. I haven't kept up with them as much as I used to.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    No one has mentioned "Blast!" yet, formerly in the Hyperion. What was micechat's general opinion on that? That was Blue Man-ish in some ways.

Also, I'd just like to note I'm a huge BMG fan. Or was. I haven't kept up with them as much as I used to.
    Never was a big Blast! fan..idk, just seemed unoriginal. Granted, if they combined Pilobolus, and BMG styles, with Disney, that'd be quasi original..but still taking from whats already there. haha

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by ice101 View Post
    i think disney classics belong in fantasyland theater, so bring an original show (meaning non-movie) to the hyperion that has disney characters.
    +1

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

•   
    • Minion

I don't know if I would put this in the Hyperian theater but I always thought it would be cool if they had a movie theater in DCA in the Hollywood area that played all of the Classics starting with Snow White and showed them for a month and just kept on going and then starting over. Maybe i am crazy for wanting to go to a movie at a theme park but i would go watch a lot of them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast