Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Possible future of TRON Legacy at Disneyland hinted at...

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Because it looks like a terrible movie, on top of the fact it shouldn't be branded "Disney"
    You think so? IMO, it looks pretty good. I've always wanted to see a live action Alice, and with Tim Burton directing it, it's an added bonus. Why shouldn't it be branded Disney?

back on topic...They should just gut the Magic Eye, add speedramps to the top of Space Mountain, and forget putting an attraction there. Then totally revamp the Innoventions building, and add two, maybe three attractions in there, with one or two of them being Tron related.
    After thinking about it, I'm against having a Lightcycle ride up on the PM tracks. I'd rather have a transportation system there, than a "race" ride. Save the Lightcycle style ride for Innoventions building.
    . . . End of Line.

• Ben's My Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think if done properly it would be best to use the location of Innoventions, I don't think that it's too big at all. In fact, I don't think Innoventions is big enough and they should demolish it and design a new building that uses the space more efficiently. Then the PM can be brought back with a glimpse inside the massive new Tron E-ticket. So we could have a bit of nostalgia with something new as the PM could peer into the world of Tron again. I think an indoor LIM launched Lightcycle coaster using the motorcycle type seating like Knott's Pony Express ride and top notch special effects could be amazing.
    It could, note could work. Disney has a liking to the Vekoma coaster company (RNRC, EE, GGC, GB, etc.). I'd look into that
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    It could, note could work. Disney has a liking to the Vekoma coaster company (RNRC, EE, GGC, GB, etc.). I'd look into that
    Eh...Vekoma. Talk about a headache. I'd go for S&S, or Intamin over Vekoma.

• Ben's My Friend

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Eh...Vekoma. Talk about a headache. I'd go for S&S, or Intamin over Vekoma.
    Intamin ftw, high five.

However Vekoma is improving their track design, look at Battlestar Galatica. It could be no headbanging, but who knows, Intamin still rules .

OH! Disney could consider using the vehicle design of the aquatrax for this TROn coaster. If you don't know what I mean, image below:

California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    Intamin ftw, high five.

However Vekoma is improving their track design, look at Battlestar Galatica. It could be no headbanging, but who knows, Intamin still rules .

OH! Disney could consider using the vehicle design of the aquatrax for this TROn coaster. If you don't know what I mean, image below:

Yea!! haha Intamin high five! And that is true, there are some "good" vekoma coasters, and they are improving over what they have made in the past.

The aquatrax would be a good choice actually...didn't even think about that one!

I think we can forget about another coaster that close to Space Mountain. It just doesn't make sense in a Disney park.

As awesome as it would be, I don't see it happening.

• Parking Lot > DCA

MainStreetJake, I respect your opinion, I am just not a fan of Tim Burton and his remakes. Haha.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    MainStreetJake, I respect your opinion, I am just not a fan of Tim Burton and his remakes. Haha.
    As I respect yours. He does have an interesting style of cinematography, that is for sure.
    Now, back to Tron! haha this thread has gone from Tron to Alice to Space Mountain, back to Alice, to innoventions, back to Alice, back to Tron...and yet, somehow, this all ties together. Ah...how I love MiceChat.

• Banned User

Why do I get the feeling that a Tron 3-D attraction will most likely replace EO in the Magic Eye theatre?

You can't really create a thrill-attraction in the true spirit of Tron without spending alot of money. And when was the last time Disney spent alot of money either building or re-imagineering a new attraction at Disneyland Park?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    And when was the last time Disney spent alot of money either building or re-imagineering a new attraction at Disneyland Park?
    Nemo
    TSMM
    PatF show
    what else?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Nemo
    TSMM
    PatF show
    what else?
    I meant Disneyland Park only. Did the PatF show and Nemo really cost that much to make?

• I'm not really here

Nemo cost north of $150 million.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Victory Pictures

this is a very long thread and unfortunatly i have to study, so i can't read it all, but i will say that their best bet is turning the people mover into some sort of tron raceway...that being said it would take quit a bit of work to do it right. It would be somewhat like rocket-rodz, only there would be two tracks. another way they could go about it would to incoporate the all hated 3d effect using glasses with some sort of video screen in them. now i like the 3d experience, and i think this might be the way to go...but who am i...not an imaginier that's for sure...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I meant Disneyland Park only. Did the PatF show and Nemo really cost that much to make?
    Returning the subs as Nemo was as costly as much as a brand new E-Ticket from scratch. PatF illustrates the level and distance they were willing to go to put on what would normally just be a M&G - both these examples speak directly counter to your assertion they just cheap out all the time.

And limiting yourself to DL only is a pretty weak argument - DL doesn't have the space to just ADD major attractions everywhere - so you're holding them to being cheap on something they generally don't do in the first place.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Senior Minion

Well, whatever they're gonna build, they better build it. There was a thread last year about who had dibs on Flynnibus' avvie if a Tron attraction didn't happen.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast