Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rockit Mountain Opening?

Any word on when big bad Rockit Mountain opens up? Is it summer?
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Rockit Mountain Opening?

Rumors have it opening first for the Grad Nites, and then in mid-June, as soon as they are over, offering them to the General Public.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Rumors have it opening first for the Grad Nites, and then in mid-June, as soon as they are over, offering them to the General Public.
    Thanks for the info. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear since I will be going before summer, but oh well.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• I won't grow up!

I still have no idea what this is...
    no one answers when I ask lol

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Minion

Rose Red, RockIt Mt. is going to be a nighttime overlay for Space Mt. It will have a new, rock soundtrack and new effects. That's all I know, but I hope that helps!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Rockin Mountian is a special Space Mountain overlay, which will feature different music, and additional lighting effects on the ride in the evening hours.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

From what I've heard, it will be very much like Rock'N Roller Coaster in Paris. Here are some image links of the inside of that ride:

http://www.mouse-studios.com/Images/...RNR/RRC017.jpg

http://www.mouse-studios.com/Images/...RNR/RRC016.jpg

By the way, all things indicate right now that it won't be Van Halen in the soundtrack.

• I Heart Disney!!!

i heard about this happening when i was waiting in line for the 50th. we were just getting into DCA for the night and this castmember was in line with us letting us know the change that will happen to the park in the near futureand he let us know that the Rockit Mountain will be the new summer advertisment for Disney Land this year but that sux that grad nite gets it first since i graduated last year and we didnt get anything special for it!!!!!!!

• I won't grow up!

finally answers!! Thank you all.. now I can move out of my dark corner

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

I'm confused... how is that going to work with the line? I mean, by late afternoon, the line for Space Mountain is an hour to an hour and a half, even on weekdays in the off season. Are they going to stop the line at some point and then reopen it for Rockit Mountain? And, I don't mean to bring up FastPasses, but will there be FastPasses for it? Are we doomed to waiting three hours in line for a marketing gimmick?

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

I am so happy I have Grad Nite this year. I know that it is a long time away, but when I get back from going I will give a full report.

Any word on music yet? Last I heard it was Green Day.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• Party Planning King

DisneySarah, I have no inside information, but I imagine that the line and the ride will remain open the entire time. Someone will flip a switch and vola! New soundtract, new lighting, instant Rockit Mountain.
    Last edited by rihard2000; 10-30-2005 at 04:36 AM.
    "Who inspects these rides anyway, Dopey and Goofy?"

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Question Re: Rockit Mountain Opening?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySarah
    I'm confused... how is that going to work with the line? I mean, by late afternoon, the line for Space Mountain is an hour to an hour and a half, even on weekdays in the off season. Are they going to stop the line at some point and then reopen it for Rockit Mountain? And, I don't mean to bring up FastPasses, but will there be FastPasses for it? Are we doomed to waiting three hours in line for a marketing gimmick?
    These are excellent questions. We really should stop and think about how this is all going to work. I mean, they might have to close for a little while to get it ready each day, then there's the whole FASTPASS issue...sort of a mess...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinM
    These are excellent questions. We really should stop and think about how this is all going to work. I mean, they might have to close for a little while to get it ready each day, then there's the whole FASTPASS issue...sort of a mess...
    I really don't think it's going to be much of a problem. I'm guessing all they will need to do is hit some switches and the whole thing will be ready to go. Here's how I'll bet they are going to do it:

Let's say they want RockIt Mt. to start at 7 P.M. Let's say that the standby line is about 1 hour at, say, 5:30. So starting at 6, they tell anybody getting in the standby line that they will be getting in line for RockIt Mt. (Fastpass people are still okay) Then at 6:45, they stop letting people into the inside portion of the queue. People can still get in line, and just wait in the outside part. Once people clear out of the inside queue (which takes about 10-15 min?), they turn on all the RockIt effects. Maybe they play an announcement in the outside queue (or even all of TL), something like "Get ready to ROCK in 10, 9, 8, 7,...3,2,1!!" The exterior of Space goes into some cool flashing light effects, maybe the lighting changes in the queue to a different color. The sign outside the attraction changes to RockIt. The reopen the inside queue, and RockIt Mt. begins.

As for FP, I see one of 2 things happenening. One way would to be to wait until the return time gets up to the RockIt launch time, then close the FP machines for a minute, have the CM change the tickets to RockIt ones, and then resume operation. OR, they might just leave the tickets just the way they are. After all, the HMH holiday FP's are the same as the Haunted Mansion ones were (no indication that it's a holiday attraction)

I bet Disney will do a good job with the transition, and I am very excited for it. I think they will make it very publicized that the ride will be changing in the evening, so as to cut down on upset guests. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a countdown sign outside all day that says something clever like "RockIt Launch in X Hours: Y Minutes: Z Seconds"

All the lighting and audio systems on these rides are linked to a central show control computer. All they have to do is change the mode the computer is running in and the ride will instantly change. Lights will come on, sound will change, etc. It will be interesting to see how they will handle the change with the people on the ride. It could be quite jarring to start off in Space Mountain mode, then halfway through Rockit Mountain mode comes online. I guess we will have to wait until it opens to find out for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast