• let's talk Disney, okay!

A Rainy/EO Endeavor - TR 2/27

My first Trip Report. Here goes nothin!

My fiance and I decided to wake up early and be the firsts in line on Saturday to beat the, what we thought was going to be, huge local crowds to see Captain EO. We woke up around 3:15 am to leave at 4am. Here is my light breakfast!

We head out, and it rained most of the drive up there. it took us about 2 hours because of the rain (it usually only takes us 1 hour and 30 mins) and got off the freeway around 6am. After much argument on how to get to the Mickey and Friends parking structure (my fiance didn't believe I knew where I was going, we usually park in Timon and Pumbaa) we get to the structure, and see this sign:

so we hung out in the car, listening to Disney music for awhile. i played with the camera a little:

Then the parking attendant moved the barricade, and we parked. AND WE GOT THE FIRST PARKING SPOT OF THE DAY! that was a first for me, so we were proud of it!

As we waited for the tram, it began to rain. And as we loaded the tram, it began to POUR!

Note the water drop splash! Happy accident

by the time we get off the tram, we are already soaked. we rushed to the lockers to get some cover. We ended up renting a locker to keep things dry (ie: my camera, so i don't have some shots to cover the next section)

We went to the main gates when the rain let up a little (mind you, I am in a denim TNBC jacket and jeans, and soaked) to get some cover under the awnings, and still be first in line. It was a Magic Morning, and the wonderful CM's let us into the park to get out of the rain! a gracious act of kindness! We rushed to the Star Trader to get me a poncho (we would have stopped at a closer store, but all of the shops on MS were closed). we stopped to look at the EO merchandise (a little cheap in my opinion, the t-shirts were VERY thin), i ponchoed up, and we went over to EO. We walked right into the pre-show area, and watched and listened. My fiance, who loves MJ and had never seen EO before, watched the screen in awe, and counted down the minutes! then the door opened. The movie started and the 10-15 guests in the theatre at that showing began to applaud. same show, hooter eats the map, they find the homing beacon, hooter gets them caught, the supreme being, hooter breaks the keyboard, dance sing dance,
    Spoiler
    the supreme being turns into angelica houston
    , just another part of me, end. Loved it, and the fiance loved it.

we leave EO, and it doesnt rain pretty much for the rest of the day, so i wasted 7 bucks for nothing!

we hit a few rides (the ones that pregnant women can do, anyway ) and I stopped to get a few shots. We left around 4, having been awake for a long time already! Here are some of the pictures I took. Enjoy!

did a little post work on this one...

So there it is! my first trip report! just a short one. Hopefully the next time we go it won't be rainy. And we won't be going as early, so we will stay a little later and I will experiment with night shots!

See ya 'round the park!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: A Rainy/EO Endeavor - TR 2/27

Very nice! Great Tiki Room shots!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Geek

great trip report, thanks!

• Mischievous Mouse

[QUOTE=DubiousEndeavors;1055850001]My first Trip Report. Here goes nothin!

My fiance and I decided to wake up early and be the firsts in line on Saturday to beat the, what we thought was going to be, huge local crowds to see Captain EO. We woke up around 3:15 am to leave at 4am. Here is my light breakfast!

[QUOTE]

Too funny! That glass, I use it every evening. It's my favorite... out of the who collection I have!

Love your pics and trip report!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

thats awesome! they belong to our roomate. she has the whole series! i will be sad when we part ways

• Future Cast Member

I love your glass! I have one from the same McDonald's series, but it is a little different. It has a bit more color and has facts like how many gallons of tea to fill a teacup, and what Bambie thought "twitterpated" meant. I also have another that's a duplicate, and I always use those cups, they're my favorite. That's awesome that your roommate has all of them!

And great trip report! What setting was your camera on to get such a clear shot of the Tiki Room?

^^^thank you! these cups have the same trivia on them!

the iso was set to auto, and i think it shot at 1600, and no flash. manual focus. 55-200 lens. i always sit on the benches on the back wall, and i used my knee to steady the camera a little. I added some fill light in post for the shot with the birds. the fountain was untouched in post.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    the iso was set to auto, and i think it shot at 1600, and no flash. manual focus. 55-200 lens. i always sit on the benches on the back wall, and i used my knee to steady the camera a little. I added some fill light in post for the shot with the birds. the fountain was untouched in post.
    Thanks I can never seem to get a clear shot with the birds, I'll have to try similar settings and your technique to keep the camera still.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report! You really did get there early to be the first car.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Ohhhhh there's a Heart In The sky! Beautiful man.

Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com