Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

as far as capcity goes, that's a yes and no answer

yes they did create a second gate to help add to the capacity of Disneyland by giving guests (especialy locals) somewere else to go on their visit to the park

but I think DCA was mostly created for the Resort idea more then it was created for getting more people into the area, DCA is a way to make it so that instead of only visiting Disneyland for one day the way most people do they'll visit Disneyland and then go out to DCA the second day and thus Disney earns twice the theoretical $$$ from those individuals (this keeps them from spending time at competitors as well)

• Minion

Right... I think that they could have made Disneyland a two-day park rather than separate DCA. Then again, when DCA opened, they fully anticipated being able to sell a full-day-priced ticket for a half-day park... Realistically, if DCA was intended to increase capacity at DL, why didn't they initially offer a one-day hopper?

Still, the "Resort" notion would benefit from making Disneyland a two-day park. And you can actually continue the trend of dividing kiddies and the rest of the family by creating a full-day experience for both.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    It's sad that Disneyland has been allowed to go 10 years without a new E-Ticket ANYWHERE (Rocket Rods was a D-ticket at best). Walt realized that Tomorrowland was going to need lots of work, lots of money, and lots of imagination.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    It's sad that Disneyland has been allowed to go 10 years without a new E-Ticket ANYWHERE (Rocket Rods was a D-ticket at best). Walt realized that Tomorrowland was going to need lots of work, lots of money, and lots of imagination.
    Yeah... and before Indy, it'd been, what, six years? I'll give them '90 as the usual year off between E tickets, but 15 years and only 1 e ticket, not a great track record. That should really have translated to 8 E tickets, or being lenient, maybe 5. Instead, one, and one bad Tomorrowland, and one new park with MAYbe 3 E tickets if you're feeling generous.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Right... I think that they could have made Disneyland a two-day park rather than separate DCA. Then again, when DCA opened, they fully anticipated being able to sell a full-day-priced ticket for a half-day park... Realistically, if DCA was intended to increase capacity at DL, why didn't they initially offer a one-day hopper?

Still, the "Resort" notion would benefit from making Disneyland a two-day park. And you can actually continue the trend of dividing kiddies and the rest of the family by creating a full-day experience for both.
    well... not really, you see people would still precieve Disneyland as a one day park, a second park is necessary to clarify to people that this is a multi day resort

in WDW it works in that Epcot is essentialy a two day park and the MK CAN be done in one day theoreticaly but as the most popular park it will extend into a 1.5-2 day park

so for Disneyland to expand itself successfuly into a resort it needed a two day park and a one day park at least, instead we got a 1 and a half day resort that was not advertised well so awareness and satisfaction have both been slow to rise (please not that many TOURISTS who are the aim of the resort are the ones who love DCA)

Resort can do better if BOTH Disneyland and DCA continue to BOTH expand into two day parks

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    Magic Kingdoms are more built out then the other parks and have shown to maintain high attendance with only small additions

WDW's Magic Kingdom's last Eticket was splash mountain and has thus gone without Eticket LONGER then Disneyland

if I'm not mistaken I think Tokyo Disneyland has gone without an Eticket just as long

basicaly Etickets arn't as neccessary to Disneyland as alot of fans would imagine, they're more effective in a second or third gate as far as profits are concerned (not to say Disneyland shouldn't get an Eticket but that it is pretty good right now)

I would be ok setting with upgrades to the older attractions in major overhauls of them and smaller rides to bring the quality of the resort up to higher standerds in the coming years

• Minion

I think you agreed with my point I was making, which was actually in agreement with your post above it.

But, on another issue, comparing DL to WDW is a little risky for now. After all, WDW started out from day 1 as a resort destination. And until IoA opened, it really didn't have much in the way of direct competition. DL, on the other hand, has the unenviable task not only of competing against other LA parks, but now it is also being tasked with stealing business away from the wicked World of the East. Even people who live geographically closer to Anaheim will naturally tend to want to go to WDW instead. It's just cost effective.

So, because of direct competition with Knotts and SFMM, and even Universal to an extent, because the resort concept cannot be a success without something major to lure resort travelers away from Orlando, and because even with the stawberry field TDA can't just open a new park every time it feels the need to grow, Disneyland will have to add an E now and then and be more like a 2-day park until DCA learns how to be a one-day park and get people to give it another chance.

-- Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Autopia

Autopia has been the only attraction to remain in Disneyland since the park opened. It has been there for 50 years so why get rid of it now? It's cute and fun and if you remember as a kid how much fun it was to drive those cars? I do and I've only been driving for 2.5 years. I even have a picture of an Autopia CM holding me as a baby while my mom rode as my four-year-old brother wanted to drive. I bet that made his day. Where are the moms who post to share with comments from their kids? Remember it is a park for all ages and for families. E-tickets work for everyone and attractions like Autopia don't fall very far behind.

I must agree, I like the Bambi dark ride! (Although I can't get my DVD open...http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1384)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Autopia has been the only attraction to remain in Disneyland since the park opened. It has been there for 50 years so why get rid of it now? It's cute and fun and if you remember as a kid how much fun it was to drive those cars? I do and I've only been driving for 2.5 years. I even have a picture of an Autopia CM holding me as a baby while my mom rode as my four-year-old brother wanted to drive. I bet that made his day. Where are the moms who post to share with comments from their kids? Remember it is a park for all ages and for families. E-tickets work for everyone and attractions like Autopia don't fall very far behind.
    Well, actually, DRR and the Main St. vehicles were all there on opening day, as well as the Jungle Cruise, King Arthur's Carousel, Peter Pan, Toad, Tea Cups, Snow White, Mark Twain, Golden Horseshoe, and Storybookland.

I think part of the Autopia renovation program makes allowances for an update that would a) make the ride fit the Tomorrowland theme, and b) acknowledge that Autopia used to be two separate attractions, so the track does not have to take up as much space as it does to be a satisfactory ride AND allow for develpoment of new attractiosn back there as well. Let's remember, there are also those pesky MBC waterways that no one can do much with for the time being, because of Autopia.

I don't think many people want to grab some torches and chase Autopia out of the park like in some Universal monster movie. I think most people just want Tomorrowland to do a better job living up to its ideals.

-- Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    I now this will draw jeers, but I think 10 E-Tickets are enough for any one them park.

Jungle Cruise
    Indy
    Pirates
    Mansion
    Splash
    BTMRR
    Matterhorn FL-side
    Matterhorn TL-side
    Space Mt.
    Star Tours

I think that is more than enough E-Tickets. Disney should focus on rehabs and plussing (like HMH and the recent new effects to mansion) rather than upping the E-Ticket ride count.

Maybe, should the lawsuit get settled, Mission:Space for Tomorrowland.

All E-Ticket money should go to DCA.
    First, Each side of the Matterhorn are both considered the same attraction. Second, the Indy Speed way is only at Disney World (unless your talking about the Autopia, witch I would consider a D-ticket attraction). Third, I think they should have at least 12 considering that they have about 54 total attractions. [IMG]E-ticket[/IMG]

• That's Hawt

I am so very happy that they got tiki room open ... that makes me not really care about e tix right now i don't get why jungle cruise is considered e-ticket though
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I am so very happy that they got tiki room open ... that makes me not really care about e tix right now i don't get why jungle cruise is considered e-ticket though
    Well, when it originally opened, this was a big bruiser of an attraction. Look at it on a map, it's huge. And it's one of those things that people from all over the world associate with the park.

But yeah, that was decades ago. Rides depreciated under the actual ticket system, and certainly Jungle Cruise doesn't fit what we would now consider an E ticket. Still, if the ticket books were around today, I bet Disney would look at how many attractions they could open if they closed JC, and decide that if they kept the attraction, the ticket price would have to remain high to justify keeping it.

-- Walt Disney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234