Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• That's Hawt

New "E" Ticket Rides

What are your ideas on new E ticket rides, and where should they go? (Just DL, we all know DCA needs a LOT of attention)
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

If they could only change the name of Disney California Adventure;

Anyways, here are some ideas; Alien vs. Predator roller coaster
    Goonies (lease the rights from Warner Bros)
    adventure Ride ( I know the movie takes
    place in Oregon) but, still if they featured the
    effects from the movie; this would be a cool
    E-ticket for any company whom wishes to
    purse this as a ride.
    - Willy Wonka and the Chocalate factory ride
    - Rides based on video games characters as
    Super Mario; does Disney still have good
    relations with Nintendo.
    -Disney Quest in Tomorrowland

I know that I will most likely get killed by these ideas and how they relate to theming but that doesn't matter to me because these are rides that I would love to see at any theme park.

• Banned User

I now this will draw jeers, but I think 10 E-Tickets are enough for any one them park.

Jungle Cruise
    Indy
    Pirates
    Mansion
    Splash
    BTMRR
    Matterhorn FL-side
    Matterhorn TL-side
    Space Mt.
    Star Tours

I think that is more than enough E-Tickets. Disney should focus on rehabs and plussing (like HMH and the recent new effects to mansion) rather than upping the E-Ticket ride count.

Maybe, should the lawsuit get settled, Mission:Space for Tomorrowland.

All E-Ticket money should go to DCA.

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    I now this will draw jeers, but I think 10 E-Tickets are enough for any one them park.

Jungle Cruise
    Indy
    Pirates
    Mansion
    Splash
    BTMRR
    Matterhorn FL-side
    Matterhorn TL-side
    Space Mt.
    Star Tours

I think that is more than enough E-Tickets. Disney should focus on rehabs and plussing (like HMH and the recent new effects to mansion) rather than upping the E-Ticket ride count.

Maybe, should the lawsuit get settled, Mission:Space for Tomorrowland.

All E-Ticket money should go to DCA.
    MORE!!!!
    (insert funny comment here)

• șoș Tom șoș

I don't think one or two new E-tickets on the east side would hurt, Mission Space is defintly a canadite or Test Track in place of Autopia. The Cars overdress idea is so so. but putting too much reliance on Pixar films to redress or alter rides is not a proven idea yet. We will see if Astro Blasters will rise to the level of the dark room classics. Anything that shuffles a few more riders away from the west side would be fine by me.

I agree that DCA needs a few new attractions. Maybe a few E-ticket clones like "The Great Movie Ride" from MGM and or "The Rock and Roller Coaster."

• Rat Tat Tat.

Innoventions could be gutted and in its place a vertical stack version of Mission: Space could be installed...perhaps two or three levels that load and go at the same time like a washer on spin cycle or something or maybe just get some faster motors on Innoventions revolving ring and place cabins there? Anything but google and tivo of the "future."

• Kirbyshowcase.com

ya we need more space for that junk. Mission space was a lot of money for just a simulator. wasnt it like 100 million? I'd much rather have a new ride go in then a recycled one.
    (insert funny comment here)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    ya we need more space for that junk. Mission space was a lot of money for just a simulator. wasnt it like 100 million? I'd much rather have a new ride go in then a recycled one.
    I agree. I don't mind a little recycling (Hunny Hunt alone offers so many possibilities), but M:S is very limited in terms of the story you could tell.

Most of my ideas are aimed for DCA, but if I were to build something new in DL, I think I'd go for the Great Toon Ride, or Mary's Jolly Holiday.

My other big E ticket hinges on them stopping Nemo and deciding once and for all that Autopia sucks up too much land, sponsor or no.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    My other big E ticket hinges on them stopping Nemo and deciding once and for all that Autopia sucks up too much land, sponsor or no.

Oh thank god someone else concedes that Autopia sucks up too much land! Phew. You can't even imagine how much land is back there with the sub docks, old marine aquatic research buildings, canal routes, etc

• That's Hawt

It seems, that a park so cramped on space would realize the need for space and the amount of space that the attraction sucks up would not be worth it. I mean, really, I think that after Space and Buzz open Autopia will loose the popularity it has had for the past few years and hopefully CM Matt will kick it out the door!
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• șoș Tom șoș

I've mentioned this before but about 10 years back there was a gasoline spill underneath the Autopia. Chevron swooped in and saved Disney, having had previous experiance with such opperations of cleaning up gas spills. If you notic all around Autopia there are smoke stacks sticking out of the ground and if you look just over the top of them you can see the burn off chemical being released.

Point is that land is protected by a deal with Chevron until all the gas is burned off or there 10 year contract is up. Hence the forced commerical in that queue that wraps the circle building. Therefore salavaging this land, which is strongly tied to the subs and canals is years away...

• That's Hawt

:o I didn't know that ... any ideas on when this burning off will be complete? Or, even the partnership with Chevron? Also, do you know how the gas got spilt?

• Banned User

Shortage of land?

Innventions/Red Rockets/Grand Canyon sit on a big chunk. Big Thunder Ranch. The swamp between BTMRR and RoA. Storybookland/Casey Jr./Fantasyland theater. All kinds of maintenance buildings out behind RoA that could be pushed verticle rather than horizontal. Or (gasp) move TDA parking across Disney Drive by guest garage, and put the maintenance buildings where the TDS parking now is.

The problem isn't lack of room. The problem is that the park's infrastructure can't hold more people.... Heck, they already have to open back stage areas to help get people out of the park on capacity days.

Disneyland park is at Capacity.... This is why DCA was built.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Oh thank god someone else concedes that Autopia sucks up too much land! Phew. You can't even imagine how much land is back there with the sub docks, old marine aquatic research buildings, canal routes, etc
    Oh trust me, having ridden DRR and Monorail over and over to get a pic of the Oceanographic sign, and studying the aerial maps, it's impossible not to notice how HUGE that space is. And as much as I would hate to lose my beloved subs, I think I'd rather mercy kill them rather than let Nemo funk up the water.

I mean, there was Tomorrowland Autopia, and Fantasyland Autopia. that used to be good enough. It seems logical enough that, IF Autopia has to stay at all, it can still cover up the Sub show area, or of the subs go just part of that existing land, and be a satisfying ride. It doesn't have to be some mondo behemoth of real estate.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    And as much as I would hate to lose my beloved subs, I think I'd rather mercy kill them rather than let Nemo funk up the water.
    Look Mom, I found Nemo!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast