Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Coronus, The Terminator

re: Tron E-Ticket and Big Thunder Trains (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Screamscape is not a reliable source, PERIOD. They've never gotten anything right.
    All the information acquired is cluttered and derived from other sites, usually late. Until they start linking to the source of where he has "heard" the rumor, it didn't happen.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Tron idea = Awesome

Thunder Mountain train replacement with individual seats= Not awesome, but expected from the typical corporate liability lawyer thinking. Wonder how much the lawyer who thought this idea up is making? Same reason we are losing the 50+ year old Matterhorn shared bobsleds and the reason that the bridges are all being redone with metal railing, same reason we lost the skyway, Goofy's bounce house and untold other numbers of things at Disneyland and other Disney co. properties world wide.

Happy for Tron blue sky news since those Vekoma cycle rides are AWESOME, but sad for the forthcoming loss of big thunder bench seats.
    Lawyers have nothing to do with the Matterhorn shared bobsleds.

• N/A

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    derailed Train 2 (Now called Train 7)
    Train 2 is completely out of service. Train 7 is not a rebuild of 2, it is a completely new train.

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    the CMs made the guests do a manual restraint check to pull on your own restraints (which isn't correct conduct IMHO, regarding safety)
    Having the guests push up the restraints to check them is correct (and safe) conduct at Thunder Mountain. If cast members check the restraints themselves they have to lean down and over. This is due to the low position of the train and restraints in relationship to the platform. This repetitive action (twisting while bending the lower spine) would cause injury to the cast member.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    Screamscape is not a reliable source, PERIOD. They've never gotten anything right.
    I agree. They said a bunch of stuff that was supposed to happen for World of Color and it looks like a lot of those things aren't being included.

• Wilderness Explorer

Nooooooo! Are you kidding me?
    I loved being able to slide around in my seat.
    More specifically, I love intentionally sandwiching my girlfriend during the turns hahaha. Hilarious.

Isn't Tron supposed to go on the people mover? Sorry if you already talked about that, But thats what i was told at D23.

--Jay
    Smiley Productions

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I agree. They said a bunch of stuff that was supposed to happen for World of Color and it looks like a lot of those things aren't being included.
    OT: Who is Screamscape and what were they putting in WOC?

Quote Originally Posted by knottslover77 View Post
    Isn't Tron supposed to go on the people mover? Sorry if you already talked about that, But thats what i was told at D23.

--Jay
    Who told you this and when?

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    OT: Who is Screamscape and what were they putting in WOC? Who told you this and when?
    ~babs

As for screamscape they are just a rumour site that deals with themeparks in general. Their information is often sketch and they do not have the greatest track record, especially here on this site.

As for who told them if they mentioned D23 then i would assume at the expo last year.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    OT: Who is Screamscape and what were they putting in WOC?
    They reported that they were going to create Sleeping Beauty Castle in full 3D out of water, but I doubt that's going to happen. It may be one of Disney's "surprises", but we can't be sure right now.

How are you supposed to put this inside?

VIDEO of Vekoma Bike Booster ride:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pbqbB3e61k]YouTube - Velocity @ Flamingo Land[/ame]

More info here:

Coastersandmore.com - Roller coaster magazine: World premiere of Vekoma's Booster Bike at Toverland

...and let us not forget the Vekoma Big-Thunder meets Indy Temply of Peril coaster:

Vekoma Rides Manufacturing BV - mine train

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by chris2fett View Post
    How are you supposed to put this inside?

Some walls a roof and maybe a door or two.

Honestly they fit Rockin Rollercoaster inside they fit rollercoasters into makeshift mountains all the time. Oh and Indy is inside a down a really long tunnel that takes you off property (I think).

They can do it.

Plus i think this is something disney could put a spin on and make fun make it Disney. Plus it would take the long lines from Space and open up the land.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    They reported that they were going to create Sleeping Beauty Castle in full 3D out of water, but I doubt that's going to happen. It may be one of Disney's "surprises", but we can't be sure right now.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think Al mentioned the same thing in one of his articles a long time ago.. it could happen, there's still a few things about WoC they haven't fully revealed..
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tron Lightcycle Coaster Gearing Up For Tomorrowland / Tron Makeover of Starcade

Sourses: Screamscape and Blue Sky Disney

Words going 'round that Vekoma and WDI are discussing a possible joint venture to build an Tron Lightcycle Coaster attraction. The ride would be based on Vekoma's Booster Bike coaster...the first motorbike coaster. The ride system would feature multiple launches (to keep you speeding along) and a wild finlly sequence full of twists and turns.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSEYcQoZGd0"]YouTube - Booster Bike POV - Toverland, Netherlands[/ame]
    Booster Bike coaster

Another Tron associated rumor has it that Starcade may receive a Flynn's Arcade makeover. The undertaking would be a part of the promotional tie-in to Disney's coming Tron Legacy film (possibly a thrillogy series).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwvuirSEAA"]YouTube - Tron : Legacy - Official Comic Con Teaser Trailer [HD][/ame]
    Tron Legacy Film Teaser
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

New Trains w/New Seating For Big Thunder

Source: Screamscape

The Mouseka-lawyers are apprently suffering from post Splash Mountain stress disorder. This time, their paranoia is said to be driving them to replace Big Thunder's beach type of seats with individual seating that includes more of the same...good ol' lap bars. 2010 is the projected date for the arrival of the new trains. Don't these legal freaks have anything better to do with their lives?. Why don't they just take their medicine, OD, and get out of our hair? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-07-2010 at 06:37 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast