Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

•   

Tron E-Ticket and Big Thunder Trains (Merged Threads)

From the Screamscape.com rumor mill:

As wild as it sounds, one rumor going around the Disneyland Resort is WDI is in talks with Vekoma on creating a Tron Lightcycle themed version of their Booster Bike coaster. Itís just a Blue Sky idea right now, but Iím told the coaster system may have multiple launch zones to increase the speed of the ride as you approach and enter into a very twisted finale sequence. Sounds great to me.
    Now for the flip side of the coinÖ seems the Disney legal team is mucking about with Disneyís E-Ticket rides againÖ and we know what they did after messing around with Splash Mountain a few years ago. This time the target is rumored to be Big Thunder Mountain, as apparently the numbers are being drawn up to see what it would take to replace the current bench-seat style trains with something more like Expedition Everest, which will feature two individual seats and individual lap bars. If approved, Iíve heard that the new trains could actually arrive by the end of 2010.
    I hope they don't mess with Big Tunders trains, but I could see the lawyers pushing for this.

As far as the Tron cycle racing goes, this could be interesting if done right...

• Ben's My Friend

re: Tron E-Ticket and Big Thunder Trains (Merged Threads)

Lawyers are possibly the reason for the new trains, the trains as they are now aren't very "safe." I've been able to slide from side to side on the ride, but that doesn't mean I hate it .

Oh, awesome avatar man ^
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

I like the train idea, but I hope it would still look like the old ones. And NO on the idea of a Vekoma coaster in Tomorrowland. We don't want Disneyland looking like Six Flags with a big old roller coaster looming above the land.

I agree with stevo505, thenextE ticketshouldbe something we have never seen and for me at least, something not tronrelated. I realize everyone here is mostly all for a Tron ride, I personally don't like it. I wish tomorrowland was more like the city of the future, than the random rides and lack of theme.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I like the train idea, but I hope it would still look like the old ones. And NO on the idea of a Vekoma coaster in Tomorrowland. We don't want Disneyland looking like Six Flags with a big old roller coaster looming above the land.
    It's indoors.

• Ben's My Friend

No offense, but I'm tired of everyone who keep putting down roller coasters and marking statements that automatically, it makes the park looks like Six Flags. This is NOT true in some cases. And Vekomas are usually not common in a Six Flags, it's B&M and Intamin you'd find there. Vekoma is popular with Disney (I don't know, that's just Disney). It'll be indoors anyways, which heightens the possibilities. Still though, there is endless possibilities you can do with the theming of the ride, and design. The only thing I can agree with you is that if it isn't a custom creation, like Muholland Madness, they shouldn't bother.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We'll a Tron ride sounds great and I wish they would just add a new coast to the park like Everest and not redo the cars on Big Thunder.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    No offense, but I'm tired of everyone who keep putting down roller coasters and marking statements that automatically, it makes the park looks like Six Flags. This is NOT true in some cases. And Vekomas are usually not common in a Six Flags, it's B&M and Intamin you'd find there. Vekoma is popular with Disney (I don't know, that's just Disney). It'll be indoors anyways, which heightens the possibilities. Still though, there is endless possibilities you can do with the theming of the ride, and design. The only thing I can agree with you is that if it isn't a custom creation, like Muholland Madness, they shouldn't bother.
    I wouldn't go that far to say Vekoma's aren't common in Six Flags.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has one, soon to be two with the new roller skater. Every Boomerang you see in a park ... Vekoma. SLC's ... Vekoma.

The reason Vekoma's aren't as popular in "Coaster" parks as say B&M and Intamin is because, for the most part, they aren't very good.

• Ben's My Friend

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I wouldn't go that far to say Vekoma's aren't common in Six Flags.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has one, soon to be two with the new roller skater. Every Boomerang you see in a park ... Vekoma. SLC's ... Vekoma.

The reason Vekoma's aren't as popular in "Coaster" parks as say B&M and Intamin is because, for the most part, they aren't very good.
    I meant overall, but they are supposedly making improved rides (i.e.: Battlestar).

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I think using the Big Thunder trains in a Tron E-Ticket would be terrible themeing!

Hmm... maybe I should read beyond the subject line.

• Banned User

Disneyland has not, and will not be anything close to Six Flags. Heck, Knott's is better than Six Flags. At least Knott's has a concept of THEMING.
    The rollercoaster would be indoors somewhere. And knowing Disney, they'd more than likely find a way to plus the standard motorbike chassis for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboii View Post
    I agree with stevo505, thenextE ticketshouldbe something we have never seen and for me at least, something not tronrelated. I realize everyone here is mostly all for a Tron ride, I personally don't like it. I wish tomorrowland was more like the city of the future, than the random rides and lack of theme.
    Excuse me, sir? But have you seen the new Tron Legacy trailer? That's not futuristic? Huh...must be mistaking futuristic with Repo Men. Now I'm not saying that Tron's going to be all over TL, but really? One E-Ticket Tron ride is not going to kill this land, in fact, it'll bring more future to it, which, surprisingly, we need!

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I think using the Big Thunder trains in a Tron E-Ticket would be terrible themeing!

Hmm... maybe I should read beyond the subject line.
    that's awesome.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A113 View Post
    Well, at six flags if they had the money to incorporate theming like a huge mountain into their coasters then some may say.. we don't want MM looking like another Disneyland!!

• Banned User

Keep in mind though, that Vekoma built Rock 'n Roller Coaster and the Space Mountain in Paris. Not to mention Arrow Dynamics, who sold trains to Vekoma for years (This is why the Vekoma tracks look just like Arrow tracks), built BTMRR and of course, The Matterhorn.

I like the Tron idea...

And if the new trains make the ride feel faster than I'm all for them.

Sad re: Tron E-Ticket and Big Thunder Trains (Merged Threads)

Tron idea = Awesome

Thunder Mountain train replacement with individual seats= Not awesome, but expected from the typical corporate liability lawyer thinking. Wonder how much the lawyer who thought this idea up is making? Same reason we are losing the 50+ year old Matterhorn shared bobsleds and the reason that the bridges are all being redone with metal railing, same reason we lost the skyway, Goofy's bounce house and untold other numbers of things at Disneyland and other Disney co. properties world wide.

Happy for Tron blue sky news since those Vekoma cycle rides are AWESOME, but sad for the forthcoming loss of big thunder bench seats.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast