3 13.04%
  • I like some, not all

4 17.39%
  • I don't like them

7 30.43%
  • They're all good

0 0%

• ...TWO BITS!

Yet another Big Thunder Ranch area ideas...

Ok, so here's some more ideas I have for the Big Thunder Ranch area:

1) Build a water flume ride (water coaster ride) in that area. The (extended) queue area can be where the unused pond where is west of BTMRR (I hope that makes sense). The water flume part can be an irrigation water system and the coaster part could be abandoned RR tracks...

Once you go through the queue, the loading area would be near and parallel to the train tracks. I'm not sure if this would hurt the atmosphere and themeing but I thought it could be interesting.

2) Build Fantasyland Theater in BTR with entrance and exit around where the old skyway station is. Surround the theater with Frontierland themeing (such as a ghost town, mountatin side, river water fall...). Then make the current Fantasyland Theater into Mickey's PhilarMagic with entrance and exit INSIDE the berm. From here, more themeing of the building of can take place. And the show can be used at night. (Some credit to this idea goes to Chavez Ravine)

3) Build a Wild Bill's style type show here since the Wild Bill show in Buena Park is closing to make a Pirate Dinner Adventure.

I can explain my ideas better if I was face to face with readers. But I can't, so this will have to do.

Any thoughts? Comments? Questions? Objections? Support?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Sea Creature

Re: Yet another Big Thunder Ranch area ideas...

I rarely even walk through that place. When I pass through it in Fantasyland I realize "wow, I haven't walked here for like 3 years!" The stage where the old hunchback show is and the Big Thunder Ranch are both screaming for attractions. Don't ask me what, because I don't have any really good ideas but yes, rides of some sort I would say.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

They really need something there.

I like idea 2.

• Minion FOREVER!

Actually, the area screams for WRE (Western River Expedition)!

They can enhance BTMRR and make the two rides work together
    just like the original intent!! It will probably mean a complete re-engineering
    for the BTMRR though.

(Don't know what WRE is? Go to http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/wre.htm)
    Last edited by nish221; 10-28-2005 at 01:51 PM.

• e komo mai

WRE!

For now we'll have to settle for a Santa meet-n-greet with live reindeer.
    Yay.

As long as they don't turn it into another pin store, I'll be happy.

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

The water flume ride is a good idea but is impractical. DCA has room for expansion and needs E-ticket rides badly for a crowd draw. A spectacular ride such as a water coaster would serve better at the other park. it seems to more "acceptable" to put rides which split up the family over at DCA. Moving Fantasyland Theatre into BTR is a good idea also, but Disneyland makes much more money renting that space out to private events. A Wild Bill or Pirates show would be nice, since the DLR lacks sit-down table-service restaurants outside of DD (Blue Bayou aside), but the facility necessary would have to be quite large. A smaller dinner show would be nice in the BTBBQ area, perhaps themed to a western campfire or a Mexican fiesta themed - mariachi? dancing? - but no horse-galloping and dust-making... that area is too small and those types of shows need a large arena for performance. I bet Disney would prefer the profitability of it as a private event space. The Golden Horsehoe and Aladdin's Oasis are perfectly equipped for dinner shows besides.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• ...TWO BITS!

ok... how about going ahead with idea #2 BUT putting idea #1 into DCA? Does that sound better? And totally scrapping idea #3 since that's not turning out well.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I have to vote for #3. PLEASE don't put any more cloned attractions (aka, PhilharMagic) at Disneyland! I think a cowboys & indians show would be fantastic, if it could be done politically correctly. The Native American side of America's history is truly lacking in Frontierland (granted, maybe it's because the "frontier" stole all their land, but that's a different story). Also, I say, bring on the real horses! I miss the old Wild West show at Universal (although it didn't have horses). Plus, the area could still be used for private parties, if designed appropriately.

Frontierland already has BTMRR for a mine train ride and Critter Country has Splash Mountain as a water flume ride. Put in something different, that can appeal to everyone - big kids and little.

• Former Epcot CM

Cloned attractions aren't a good thing, but depending on the attraction itself, they may not be bad either. PhilharMagic is a very, very good show.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Yes, I agree with a dinner show (#2). Ideally, a spectacular one with animals and such in the Arena, but they'd have to figure out the dust factor. I still think Disney would prefer to reap larger profits using the Festival Arena as it does currently for private events. Its more cost-effective than hiring 60 dancers, or a full-time wait staff plus performers. If that is the case, then a smaller scale (lower budget) dinner show would fit nicely in the BBQ area, as it is already equipped for food service.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• ...TWO BITS!

Ok, I agree cloning is kinda bad. So I will say put a new Toontown ride in the current Fantasyland Theater. I just don't know what yet. Maybe a ride system similar to Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh Hunny Hunt. Is it Hunny Hunt or Honey Pot? Anyways, that same ride system with a different theme. YEAH?!

-Jurassic Park

• :)

I think that building a water ride would be good....on the backside of where the old skyway station is....I'm not sure whats exactly by that, but i think its the rivers of america? and they could drop down by the rivers do kinda like splash does...it would tie everything together seeing how theres the river, the falls and water surrounding BTR and all that water...They really do need to do something with that old skyway station though... even if they just put a hgue waterfall there or something pointless it would be better than that..

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Ok, I agree cloning is kinda bad. So I will say put a new Toontown ride in the current Fantasyland Theater. I just don't know what yet. Maybe a ride system similar to Tokyo Disneyland's Pooh Hunny Hunt. Is it Hunny Hunt or Honey Pot? Anyways, that same ride system with a different theme. YEAH?!
    That would be AWESOME!! Too bad they probably don't have the budget. But I definitely think more great Disney movies need to be recognized in the parks with rides and shows so I think that another dark ride would be a good idea. What would the theme be? Oh, and it's Hunny Hunt.