• Imagineer that!

Talking "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone here can help me out with some suggestions on what to do for a work day get away. As a kind of a special thanks to our marketing team (for all the hard work they've done), we wanted to set them up with a day at the Disney parks.

Now, everyone on that team has been to Disneyland, but I wanted to make sure we planned the day with experiences they've never had. IE lunch at the Blue Bayou.

When I say unique, I'm thinking more in line with things like, a group scavenger hunt for Hidden Mickeys. Winning team gets iPads.

Also, I once heard you can get preferred seating for Fantasmic with desert trays and all. The team is leaving at 6, so obviously that's out of the picture -- but thats inline with the kind of "unique" experiences I'm talking about.

So -- what are some little known Disney experiences you'd like to share (if we have to pay for the experience, that's fine) that a group of adults would enjoy?

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

Sounds like a fun day. How many people are going?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Silent Lucidity

Make a point to see the Billies!

• Resident DL'er

How about the Segway tour at DCA? I've always wanted to try that.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by scorsese View Post
    How about the Segway tour at DCA? I've always wanted to try that.
    Yes! Great idea, I have done it and it is really fun. It would be fun for you if you could book the entire group.

Disneyland Resort | Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

make sure you see the aladdin show at DCA, my family overlooked it for years until i went for my birthday and the travel agent told me to go.

also, where can i get a job where they give away stuff like ipads? haha.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by OHSNAPiTSEG View Post
    Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone here can help me out with some suggestions on what to do for a work day get away. As a kind of a special thanks to our marketing team (for all the hard work they've done), we wanted to set them up with a day at the Disney parks.

Now, everyone on that team has been to Disneyland, but I wanted to make sure we planned the day with experiences they've never had. IE lunch at the Blue Bayou.

When I say unique, I'm thinking more in line with things like, a group scavenger hunt for Hidden Mickeys. Winning team gets iPads.

Also, I once heard you can get preferred seating for Fantasmic with desert trays and all. The team is leaving at 6, so obviously that's out of the picture -- but thats inline with the kind of "unique" experiences I'm talking about.

So -- what are some little known Disney experiences you'd like to share (if we have to pay for the experience, that's fine) that a group of adults would enjoy?
    Sounds like fun! Where can I send my resume?!

• Imagineer that!

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Yes! Great idea, I have done it and it is really fun. It would be fun for you if you could book the entire group.

Disneyland Resort | Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour
    THIS is more like it -- thank you all for your input. Please keep them coming -- I didn't even know they did Segway tours in DCA...I've never seen these before. Is it more of a backstage tour?

I'm going to try to talk them into the Aladdin show as I've never been -- although, I hear plenty of good things about it.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Yes, be sure to see the Aladdin show. It will be closing some time this year and replaced. It would be a shame to miss it when you have the chance!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Definately see the Aladdin show soon as it will be leaving us in August. Your team might enjoy the Footsteps Tour at DL. It has a lot of great history and gives you a new look at the park.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by OHSNAPiTSEG View Post
    THIS is more like it -- thank you all for your input. Please keep them coming -- I didn't even know they did Segway tours in DCA...I've never seen these before. Is it more of a backstage tour?

I'm going to try to talk them into the Aladdin show as I've never been -- although, I hear plenty of good things about it.
    This is a great tour. not so much backstage, but it starts early before the park opens at 7am. Then after the tour, everyone can go and have a great day at the park (both parks...)
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by gumpyyy View Post
    make sure you see the aladdin show at DCA, my family overlooked it for years until i went for my birthday and the travel agent told me to go.

also, where can i get a job where they give away stuff like ipads? haha.
    omg that's exactly what i did too! and then i went for my birthday!!! hahaha that's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Minion

There is also a walk in Walt's footsteps tour in Disneyland! Never been but have always wanted too.