Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Imagineer that!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    20

    Talking "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Hello all,

    I wanted to see if anyone here can help me out with some suggestions on what to do for a work day get away. As a kind of a special thanks to our marketing team (for all the hard work they've done), we wanted to set them up with a day at the Disney parks.

    Now, everyone on that team has been to Disneyland, but I wanted to make sure we planned the day with experiences they've never had. IE lunch at the Blue Bayou.

    When I say unique, I'm thinking more in line with things like, a group scavenger hunt for Hidden Mickeys. Winning team gets iPads.

    Also, I once heard you can get preferred seating for Fantasmic with desert trays and all. The team is leaving at 6, so obviously that's out of the picture -- but thats inline with the kind of "unique" experiences I'm talking about.

    So -- what are some little known Disney experiences you'd like to share (if we have to pay for the experience, that's fine) that a group of adults would enjoy?

  2. #2

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,393

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Sounds like a fun day. How many people are going?

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

  3. #3

    • Silent Lucidity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    PNW Coast Town
    Posts
    1,669

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Make a point to see the Billies!

  4. #4

    • Resident DL'er
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    467

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    How about the Segway tour at DCA? I've always wanted to try that.

  5. #5

    • AKA: Indyiluvu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    981

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by scorsese View Post
    How about the Segway tour at DCA? I've always wanted to try that.
    Yes! Great idea, I have done it and it is really fun. It would be fun for you if you could book the entire group.

    Disneyland Resort | Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

    FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

    FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

    FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

    FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

    FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Woodland
    Posts
    79

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    make sure you see the aladdin show at DCA, my family overlooked it for years until i went for my birthday and the travel agent told me to go.

    also, where can i get a job where they give away stuff like ipads? haha.

  7. #7

    • Timelord
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    380

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by OHSNAPiTSEG View Post
    Hello all,

    I wanted to see if anyone here can help me out with some suggestions on what to do for a work day get away. As a kind of a special thanks to our marketing team (for all the hard work they've done), we wanted to set them up with a day at the Disney parks.

    Now, everyone on that team has been to Disneyland, but I wanted to make sure we planned the day with experiences they've never had. IE lunch at the Blue Bayou.

    When I say unique, I'm thinking more in line with things like, a group scavenger hunt for Hidden Mickeys. Winning team gets iPads.

    Also, I once heard you can get preferred seating for Fantasmic with desert trays and all. The team is leaving at 6, so obviously that's out of the picture -- but thats inline with the kind of "unique" experiences I'm talking about.

    So -- what are some little known Disney experiences you'd like to share (if we have to pay for the experience, that's fine) that a group of adults would enjoy?
    Sounds like fun! Where can I send my resume?!

  8. #8

    • Imagineer that!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    20

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    Yes! Great idea, I have done it and it is really fun. It would be fun for you if you could book the entire group.

    Disneyland Resort | Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour
    THIS is more like it -- thank you all for your input. Please keep them coming -- I didn't even know they did Segway tours in DCA...I've never seen these before. Is it more of a backstage tour?

    I'm going to try to talk them into the Aladdin show as I've never been -- although, I hear plenty of good things about it.

  9. #9

    • Bring back the Keelboats!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lompoc, CA
    Posts
    2,393

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Yes, be sure to see the Aladdin show. It will be closing some time this year and replaced. It would be a shame to miss it when you have the chance!

    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


    Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


    Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Carmichael, California, United States
    Posts
    748

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Definately see the Aladdin show soon as it will be leaving us in August. Your team might enjoy the Footsteps Tour at DL. It has a lot of great history and gives you a new look at the park.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

  11. #11

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by OHSNAPiTSEG View Post
    THIS is more like it -- thank you all for your input. Please keep them coming -- I didn't even know they did Segway tours in DCA...I've never seen these before. Is it more of a backstage tour?

    I'm going to try to talk them into the Aladdin show as I've never been -- although, I hear plenty of good things about it.
    This is a great tour. not so much backstage, but it starts early before the park opens at 7am. Then after the tour, everyone can go and have a great day at the park (both parks...)
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  12. #12

    • Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by gumpyyy View Post
    make sure you see the aladdin show at DCA, my family overlooked it for years until i went for my birthday and the travel agent told me to go.

    also, where can i get a job where they give away stuff like ipads? haha.
    omg that's exactly what i did too! and then i went for my birthday!!! hahaha that's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: "Unique" for adult experiences at Disneyland

    There is also a walk in Walt's footsteps tour in Disneyland! Never been but have always wanted too.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] "Special" Disneyland experiences
    By mouse trap in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 06:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •