Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

If Bob Iger Was Your Brother (Dad Or Spouse), Would You Push Your Weight At The ParK?

Imagine being a member of the imediate family of the president and chief executive officer of the world's largest entertainment empire...the Walt Disney Company! If you were his brother, sister, daughter, son, mother or father...would you push your weight in terms of receiving priveleged treatment at Disneyland?

I would begin a visit to the resort by checking in to the plushest suite at the Grand Californian...for free. Then, I would engage in an hour or two of complimentary dining at the Napa Rose...and tip the servers with a nice hearty belch. Afterward, I would have Goofy and Pluto join me as we zip through Disneyland's gates on ATV scooters.

Next, we would park our scooters and cruise the merchandise stores, where I would have every item that catches my eye sent back to the hotel...and have the merchants pay me for my new clothing and souvenirs. Then, we would board each ride kamikaze style...always entering at the front of the FastPass line...or from backstage. Finally, I would don a hard hat and head over to California Adventure and help build World of Color. At the end of the day, I would head back to my suite, raid the refrigerator, and sink into the jacuzi with a jello shot in hand.

Aa you can see, being a spoiled brat would be the furthest thing from my mind. I would simply remain my same lovable self. How about you? Hmmm?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-06-2010 at 01:07 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Shablagoo!

Re: If Bob Iger Was Your Brother (Dad Or Spouse), Would You Push Your Weight At The P

No, but I would tell Iger about things in the company I like and did not like.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: If Bob Iger Was Your Brother (Dad Or Spouse), Would You Push Your Weight At The P

Bob Iger might the Godfather of the Disney crime family, but he doesn't own anything and everything. Still, if I could tie him to a chair and sweat him, I would demand that he march over to the Studios in Burbank and tell the monkey horde to release Song of the South on DVD and Blu-ray.

• Minion

well I wouldn't push my weight per-sey. I would make it obvious how much I love and admire the companies history as well as it's current product. That way I would become the obvious choice for consultation.

If I were directly related to Bob Iger I would also be on Micechat everyday and make sure he's aware of the fan community.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    No, but I would tell Iger about things in the company I like and did not like.
    The beauty of voicing your criticisms about the park (and the rest of the company) is that Bobbers would have to listen...and you couldn't be fired, regardless of how irritable and mad he might get. I think that you would break him, melonballer...and force him to change the park according to your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post

Bob Iger might the Godfather of the Disney crime family, but he doesn't own anything and everything. Still, if I could tie him to a chair and sweat him, I would demand that he march over to the Studios in Burbank and tell the monkey horde to release Song of the South on DVD and Blu-ray.
    Nice scarry mug shot of the Prez!

He probably gets tied up a lot. I agree that it's high time for Song of the South be released. What are you thinking Bob? You goofy gangster.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-06-2010 at 01:48 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    well I wouldn't push my weight per-sey. I would make it obvious how much I love and admire the companies history as well as it's current product. That way I would become the obvious choice for consultation.

If I were directly related to Bob Iger I would also be on Micechat everyday and make sure he's aware of the fan community.
    Well, you certainly have a much better attitude than me, Sir .Mouse. That knowledgabe and considerate spirit of yours would likely land you a top executive job with the company.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-06-2010 at 02:06 AM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I'd ask him to be his eyes and ears in the parks... because some parks are being neglected due to bad management, and he can't always be visiting the parks all the time. So I'll take the burden of traveling around the world visiting the different parks and do quality control walks so he knows what is going on.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I would rather inflluence things behind the scenes, too, for the benefit of improving Disneyand and other aspects of the company. And would love to get behind the scenes of imagineering!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Well, you certainly have a much better attitude than me, Sir .Mouse. That knowledgabe and considerate spirit of yours would likely land you an top executive job with the company.
    hehe well it's not to say I wouldn't try to infiltrate WDI and WDP and whisper brilliant words of encouragement and advisement to the many creative heads.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'd totally try to tell him what kind of stuff he should be doing with the parks. After all, that's what Eisner's kids did and it turned out GREAT!
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I'd ask him to be his eyes and ears in the parks... because some parks are being neglected due to bad management, and he can't always be visiting the parks all the time. So I'll take the burden of traveling around the world visiting the different parks and do quality control walks so he knows what is going on.
    If anyone deserves a role as an overseer of worldwide park/resort management (and personal confidant to Bob Iger), it is you Bill. Your thorough understanding of Disney, magical ideas and genuine character more than measure up to such a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I would rather inflluence things behind the scenes, too, for the benefit of improving Disneyand and other aspects of the company. And would love to get behind the scenes of imagineering!
    Influencing each aspect of the company behind the scenes (and in the right direction) would truely be the greatest privelege of all...one to be coveted. Envision seeing the joyous happiness written in pixie dust all over the smiling faces of children and grown up kids alike.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Yes.

That was easy.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    hehe well it's not to say I wouldn't try to infiltrate WDI and WDP and whisper brilliant words of encouragement and advisement to the many creative heads.
    Just like a inspirational little bee...all abuzz and the busiest that ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'd totally try to tell him what kind of stuff he should be doing with the parks. After all, that's what Eisner's kids did and it turned out GREAT!
    Adults would be far better off if they listened to and payed attention to their kids more. Iger would be fortunate to have you as his Dapper son.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Yes.

That was easy.

What was easy?

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    What was easy?
    Have you heard of the office supply store "Staples"? Thats their slogan.

In any case. That decision was pretty easy. haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast