Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think it's funny that an 18th Century Pirate would use a term that I've only heard in reference to WW2 battle ships and Carriers.."Superstructure".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Magical Memories fanzine

I beleive the superstructure part is referring to the redhead and her vamping the guys across the way, and if I am not mistaken the term refers to showing the metal brace thing they used in dresses at the time to keep their shape. Except I think its a more of a slang term for it, with the meaning not to show too much under the clothes (at least not yet ).

As I understand the scene; the auctioneer is trying to sell the larger lady, but meanwhile the redhead is vamping the guys at the same time.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Remus
    man shes been waiting in that line for a long time, the sad part is that splash mountain's wait is only slightly less.
    Yup, shes been waiting for about 38 years.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion
    Yup, shes been waiting for about 38 years.

She should've got a Fastpass .....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Original Mice-Chatter

"we wants the redhead!"

• Greetings, Program!

I wants the redhead!!

Redheads.....they rock.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    "we wants the redhead!"
    Yeah, my boyfriend did too. Then again, he wanted Jessica too. (Can you tell it was his first trip to Disneyland since he was little?)

Anwyay, I remember the change to make POTC more PC with the women chasing the men in the scene where the fire first breaks out (right after the auction actually). My mom pointed it out to me as she had learned of the change. I thought it was odd and personally I don't understand why we are trying to change the past. Women were nothings in that tims, so why try to change it now? Oh well. What's done is done. The worst part is all of the gum under the bridge. Disneyland does not sell gum in the park for this reason and because it can be annoying when people chew on it like cows. I wish they could fix that.

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Anwyay, I remember the change to make POTC more PC with the women chasing the men in the scene where the fire first breaks out (right after the auction actually). My mom pointed it out to me as she had learned of the change. I thought it was odd and personally I don't understand why we are trying to change the past. Women were nothings in that tims, so why try to change it now? Oh well. What's done is done.
    While I don't like the changes made, I suppose I can understand the reasoning behind it. Essentially, we had 2 or 3 men chasing 2 or 3 women, followed by 1 woman chasing 1 old man. This was a pretty funny joke, I always felt. But if you really think about why the men were chasing the women, then it becomes joking about rape. Not the kind of thing to be laughed about in a family theme park.

So put in this context, it's understandable why they made the change. But it doesn't mean you have to like it!
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    You know, this actually points out a problem in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. There are referrences to the "port" side of the ship, which is inaccurate for the time. The left side of the ship was always referred to as larboard until the 1800s.

We wants the redhead!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12