what is the current standing/sittig policy for firework viewing in the hub?

I have read this alluded to, but what are they now enforceing in terms of standin and/or sitting when watching the fireworks in the hub?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: what is the current standing/sittig policy for firework viewing in the hub?

That WAS the problem the last few times that we were there. Either there was no policy or no one knew that there was a policy. It was a free-for-all.

Murder, madness, and mayhem ensued. Well, maybe not murder...CM's running around not having a clue. Guests shouting at other guests (and CM's). Food being thrown. Little old ladies tripping and falling over other guests.

I hope that it has gotten better. We'll see come Thanksgiving!

• Freshman Member

last time I was there they let everybody sit until right before showtime when the CM's made everybody stand up.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyle
    last time I was there they let everybody sit until right before showtime when the CM's made everybody stand up.
    Pretty soon Disney will find another way to make money and start offering arranged seating around the hub area that will also keep people from standing around these seats and guests will pay an extra price for them.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Maybe they'll sell sponsorships to a bench, like they do for the bricks out front.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

It is my understanding that there is no official policy about sitting or standing in the hub. When we asked a CM if they were able to advise people to sit, we were told they couldn't say anything. Luckily, we didn't have any problems and everyone sat down, but they can't force people to stand if they choose to.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

I've read about the standing as well

this summer when I saw the fireworks everyone sat

and really I hope they leave it at sitting

it's much more comfortable after a long day and younger kids are more able to see things if everyone's sitting

the wider paths should be enough to releave congestion and hopefully they get towards moving the Rocks and Orbiter at some point for even more Firework viewing space and openness in the hub

• Freshman Member

I went on Oct. 14th and at the 9:25 showing the CM's with their orange flashlights went through the crowd approx. 2 min. to showtime and made everybody stand up.

• See Ya Real Soon!

More bodies can fit in a space if guest stand then if they sit.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

When we were there in September, all the guests in our area were sitting until the people in front started standing up - it was kind of like watching half a wave. We had to stand if we wanted to see anything.

• Minion

There is one policy in one location to pay attention to:

The street section directly infront of the castle forecourt.

THAT section is "SITTING" ONLY.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    There is one policy in one location to pay attention to:

The street section directly infront of the castle forecourt.

THAT section is "SITTING" ONLY.
    Depending on how the guest flow is (usually flowing around on the hub sidewalk now I believe) it's stand up everywhere on Main Street except for the one roped off section behind the middle of the compass in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and up to the brick sidewalk. The street, however, behind this section is standing as well.

All events subject to change

When I was there a couple months ago, we had waited for a couple hours to sit right on the curb of the hub in front of the castle (as did many other people, including families with small children). Unfortunately, as the show approached, the street got progressively more crowded and right as it started a huge group of people just stood there, blocking tons of little kids and their families that had been waiting for 2+ hours. We all asked them kindly to sit, but to no avail. We were a little bummed that people were so rude when the people who had been waiting forever were all sitting down. The CMs didn't do anything about it, but I'm not really sure what they could have done at that point. It was just kind of sad cause the little kids couldn't see since their dads didn't want to offend the other people behind them that had also been waiting for so long, so they didn't put the kids on their shoulders. I'd hope the park would make a rule that everyone (especially right in front of the castle) either has to stand or sit so that people who waited for a long time don't get their evening ruined by people who walk up and decide to stand at the last minute.

• Disney lover

Now i dont want to sound mean but standing allows more people to get a better view of the show... More people can get into one area if they stand rather then sit, and also it is safer because you dont have to step over people to get to the rest of your group and be triped which happened to a friend of mine the day before the 50th. So that is my two cents take them as you will.

• Disneyland Freak

If people can sit until the shot starts than I'm for it but I don't see how Disney can expect people to stand while waiting for the show. If people start waiting 1 to 2 hours before it starts I don't see very many people wanting to stand the full time until the show starts and then have to watch the show standing up.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!