Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

The Hidden Gems of Disneyland

Reaver mentioned that he had never noticed the topiary benches in Town Square until last weekend. In the People Mover thread this statement was made and it has stayed with me since yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Leroy Brown
    Walt went to the trouble of including hidden gems such as the Snow White Grotto to maximize the experiences of his guests. He didn't have to do that. Those expenses could have been used for something else more thrilling. It certainly didn't make for something his marketing folks could really use to get people in the gate. But Walt recognized that developing experiences for everyone, not just kids/tweens/teens, was important not only to the bottom line but to the future of his park.?
    What are the "Hidden Gems" that make the park special and unique? What attention to detail makes you smile?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• /sigh

I absolutely love the upper facades of the different buildings in Adventureland and down Mainstreet..making them look habitable, lived in, and cozey. Now if only there was a for rent sign in the window
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• My Children's Father

It used to be the guns in the lookout towers at Fort Wilderness.

I guess now it would be the leaping fish in the pond next to Big Thunder Trail, if they are still there ..... :confused:

The voodoo practitioner upstairs across from the NOS restrooms creeps me out ....... does that count?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Inappropriate

The music and sounds of whatever land you're in wherever you go, even though at first you don't notice it, it's there. Really adds to the magic.

I would have to say "Talk to Stitch" at Innoventions. An incredible little gem hidden in the dank corner of a rotating coffin.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    I guess now it would be the leaping fish in the pond next to Big Thunder Trail, if they are still there ..... :confused:
    The jumping fish are still there. All 3 of them.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    The jumping fish are still there. All 3 of them.
    Really? I haven't seen them jumping for some time now :confused:
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Really? I haven't seen them jumping for some time now :confused:
    The last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) they were there. One to the left, one dead center and one under the tree.

Sometimes they just don't have the effect on. That happens, too. AND sometimes the nighttime sound effects for that area play during the day.

• /sigh

The last time I was there (about 3 weeks ago) they were there. One to the left, one dead center and one under the tree.

Sometimes they just don't have the effect on. That happens, too. AND sometimes the nighttime sound effects for that area play during the day.
    Good to know they're still going. Do you know it wasn't until recently that I realized that they weren't real??? DUH!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    My newest obsession seems to be Sleeping Beauty Castle. I love the subtle golden touches they have made that add to the overall beauty of the castle. Has anyone noticed tthe crowns on the finials? That the chain on the drawbridge has been painted gold? The Pixie Dust that seems to cover everything? (Some of us believe that the Pixie Dust was mixed special at Sephora just for the Happiest Celebration on Earth.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Good to know they're still going. Do you know it wasn't until recently that I realized that they weren't real??? DUH!
    Well, it can be deceiving because there are real fish in there too. Also, it happens so quickly you'll just catch a quick glimpse of it before they're gone.

I've had Disney Muggle friends stand on the bridge with me and I tell them to look for the leaping fish and they never show up. How embarassing...

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:12 PM.

• /sigh

Well, it can be deceiving because there are real fish in there too. Also, it happens so quickly you'll just catch a quick glimpse of it before they're gone.

I've had Disney Muggle friends stand on the bridge with me and I tell them to look for the leaping fish and they never show up. How embarassing...
    Ya, it wasn't till I stood there to watch and realized there was a pattern to the jumping. Very clever to the quick passerby.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Never knew about the jumping fish, will check it out, hopefully we can catch them working.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Zapp's Minion :D

I love it how the trash cans match the theme of each land. The music & sounds of each land add that extra magic to the park.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast