Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

New photos of the DLR from 10/28

A look at what is new, including the new Anne Geddes Store, the Green Dinosaur Jack at DCA, the addition of archways in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area, Lots of Painting happening, and more of the Large Chicken Head....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/919252

ENJOY
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• e komo mai

Re: New photos of the DLR from 10/28

Darkbeer,
    This is just very, very creepy.

• Minion

They look like some sort of robotic army ready to be activated so Anne Geddes can take over the world!!

Great Pics, BTW.

• Banned User

I don't mind the babies, but that Chicken Little has got to go.

I love that "Hollywood Studios" sign they are installing on both sides of that portion of the backlot. Very nice touch. Looks like they are going to do a good job back there. This way, we know that there are studios, but the backlot is right in front of it.

Very cool pictures. Especially the 51 pictures of California Adventure. And I thought you hated the place...imagine that.

• Banned User

^^You obviously don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    ^^You obviously don't.
    How'd you guess?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I'm not sure about those arches in the Backlot. They're not necessarilly the nices looking things - not that they look bad.

Also, don't they seem just a little out of place? To me, it just really makes no sense to have installed those.

Sigh. I don't know. I think those signs just add to the theme confusion of the land.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

As usually great pictures! The new hollywood sign really looks good and I can't wait to see the entire finished product. The only thing that I am not looking forward to seeing is that huge chicken.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    A look at what is new, including the new Anne Geddes Store, the Green Dinosaur Jack at DCA, the addition of archways in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area, Lots of Painting happening, and more of the Large Chicken Head....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/919252

ENJOY
    That CL head looks like the staypuft marshmellow man from ghostbusters. id love to see that big oxymoron eat a kid.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I'm not sure about those arches in the Backlot. They're not necessarilly the nices looking things - not that they look bad.

Also, don't they seem just a little out of place? To me, it just really makes no sense to have installed those.

Sigh. I don't know. I think those signs just add to the theme confusion of the land.
    I have a strong hunch that some theme restructuring will be done- because I can't see why they would have added them otherwise- I agree they would just add to the confusion. I'm betting we are going to see a change in the entire area's theme...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Great pictures Darkbeer...Thanks! I have to agree with Gemini Cricket, those two picture of the "baby armies" were pretty creepy. The one of the giant chicken eye looking through the bushes was a little on the scary side too

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

they'll probably look better after more changes are hopefully made to that area (hey it is supposed to be a theme enhancement/redo type deal going on)

as others have said it's more of a minature land deal they seem to be making or a subland (youknow a land within a land)

I think these arches will at the very least help bring more traffic into that area as people will likly see the sign head that way and then either be drawn into whatevers playing onstage or towards the Monsters Inc ride

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I think it looks good, and it'll be a great change! Can't wait to see it all finished!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Okay, I have two issues:
    1. Those Anne Geddes babies are about the creepiest thing I've ever seen. They're so bad, I'm considering buying one as a White Elephant gift for Christmas... I haven't seen anything so scary since those weird kid-crying-in-a-corner doll things they sell at the swap meet. Yikes!

2. Isn't the land already called "Hollywood Pictures Backlot"? Why do we need an additional two signs that remind us we're supposed to be at a movie studio? I don't know about you, but I never had any difficulty figuring that out. Actually, come to think of it, I the current theme - Muppets, Animation, theatre, Hollywood hotels, is just "Hollywood", not a backlot. I say change the name of the land if you're going to put up those "Hollywood Pictures" signs, for the sake of consistency. Ah, DCA hurts my head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast