Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    One - such a product is not about the 'average' guest. Nor is the WDW Premium Passport to begin with.

Two - if you are a DL PAP and make one trip to WDW for 7 days or more.. you broke even or are ahead on tickets. If you normally buy more expensive tickets (like the water park add-on) the break even is even sooner. Then on top of that, you get the other AP discounts, etc. So it only takes one trip to even make it worth it at these prices.

Three - if you are a WDW Premium Passholder... the break even is rediculously low at less then a single day's admission to DL. This makes it EXTREMELY attractive to visit DL for just incrementally more.

You don't need to make lots of trips to make this worth it if you are that type of customer to start with.

None of these passes are for the people that only visit the parks once a year.
    Yes I understand that, thus why the pass itself probably won't get too many participants. That's all I'm saying.
    Jeff Wayne

• Storyteller

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Since I'm planning a trip to WDW for summer 2011, I'll probably buy this. It's cool they're offering it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Here is a Q and A on the Blog
    Yeah, see that in the comments now that you've pointed that out (I normally never read comments on blogs... full of such worthless stuff usually).

That's quite a bargin for anyone who's held a WDW pass.

Think about it.. if you had the SoCal pass and a WDW.. you've just been upgraded to a DL PAP for free.

I'm still shocked they would do such a thing.. I'm wondering if this guy is really speaking out of turn. But he's the company dude.. so I hope they've thought this out ahead of time. Or it could end up like the birthday promo.. taking a month to figure out all the 'what ifs'

Tax is one thing. In CA, you don't pay tax on the tickets, but in FL you do. So when they charge you $700 - what if any tax will you pay and based on what? I guess it will be good when Disney finally posts all the legal mumbo on it.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Yes I understand that, thus why the pass itself probably won't get too many participants. That's all I'm saying.
    Well there is a big difference between 'not doing well' and selling low volume because you're selling an niche product. Ferrari doesn't sell a lot of cars.. that doesn't mean they aren't doing well.

Personally I think it will sell like hotcakes to the hardcore types. It will pull those DVC types into DL... it will pull the WDW religious visitors to DL.. it should be a doorbuster for DL in pulling in a new audience.

For WDW it will be a good upsell tool.. why buy a Premium if for only $80 more you can get DL for free too? The attach rate will be very high there. That means good revenue for the ticket man.

I think DL will be the big winner here - and watching the demand for DVC points at DL may be a good indicator of how successful it really is.

Good sales here could open the door for more DVC expansion at DL.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

• Closed Account

$5 was a lot of money back in 1964.

• Minion

$5 in 1964 had the buying power of $34.95 today, at least according to CPI Inflation Calculator

• Johnny and Me!

According to that, admission should be $11.18 and parking should be $1.75!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Passport: $429

Walt DIsney World Premium Passport: $619

Disney Premier Annual Pass: $700

Wondering why you spent over $500 for two resorts when you know you're only able to go to one: Not Priceless

The all new Disney Premier Annual Pass. The Ultimate pass for the Disneyland Resort and Walt DIsney World Theme Parks. Air Fare and Hotel not included.

Disney Parks: Where Big Spending Comes True
    Love it, that's funny!! But true.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Well there is a big difference between 'not doing well' and selling low volume because you're selling an niche product. Ferrari doesn't sell a lot of cars.. that doesn't mean they aren't doing well.

Personally I think it will sell like hotcakes to the hardcore types. It will pull those DVC types into DL... it will pull the WDW religious visitors to DL.. it should be a doorbuster for DL in pulling in a new audience.

For WDW it will be a good upsell tool.. why buy a Premium if for only $80 more you can get DL for free too? The attach rate will be very high there. That means good revenue for the ticket man.

I think DL will be the big winner here - and watching the demand for DVC points at DL may be a good indicator of how successful it really is.

Good sales here could open the door for more DVC expansion at DL.
    Good reasoning. But at the same time it makes me think "great as if Disneyland isn't packed enough."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Wow! They're only charging 700 for it? What a steal!! (and yes- I'm being completely serious)

It really is.
    Airfare bites hard
    but the pass is a steal.
    Just proves that Disney has no plans to dump AP's or feels that they are hurting the park.

Isn't a AP pass at Florida at least $700.00? I remember looking it up on year and it was crazy. Then again, you got four parks.

It says parking at WDW
    but for Disney it seems a little sneaking. It says parking at the pay entry parking spots....that doesn't exactly say free parking (unless I read it incorrectly)

Edit:
    just looked it up:
    Def. a steal.
    Basically Florida is paying $81 more to go to Disneyland for the whole year.

From D-World's website:

Theme Park Premium Annual Passes

Make the magic last all year long and enjoy admission to more Resort attractions! The Premium Annual Pass includes:

• 365 days of magic at all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks
    • same day admission to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks
    • admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive theme park, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Disney's Blizzard Beach water parks and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
    • theme park parking
    • special Passholder discounts and offers
      Purchase Premium Annual Pass

Ages 10 & Older
    $619

Ages 3 to 9
    $546

Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I want one. too bad i don't go to WDW so it is not worth it

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Passport: $429

Walt DIsney World Premium Passport: $619

Disney Premier Annual Pass: $700

Wondering why you spent over $500 for two resorts when you know you're only able to go to one: Not Priceless

The all new Disney Premier Annual Pass. The Ultimate pass for the Disneyland Resort and Walt DIsney World Theme Parks. Air Fare and Hotel not included.

Disney Parks: Where Big Spending Comes True
    Well If you are a DVC member you can goto disneyland and WDW You have a Resort room at both parks
    Only thing I have to pay for is airfair.
    I all ready paid for the room.
    So I live here and once year fly to WDW.
    I'm start likeing this pass.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

if only I could afford the air fare....

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Well If you are a DVC member you can goto disneyland and WDW You have a Resort room at both parks
    Only thing I have to pay for is airfair.
    I all ready paid for the room.
    So I live here and once year fly to WDW.
    I'm start likeing this pass.
    We sold our DVC membership last year.
    There's the monthly fee's (in addition to the upfront costs) and your points don't get you what they use to.
    We never used our points for WDW, we used them for other places.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast