Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Yeah, see that in the comments now that you've pointed that out (I normally never read comments on blogs... full of such worthless stuff usually).

That's quite a bargin for anyone who's held a WDW pass.

Think about it.. if you had the SoCal pass and a WDW.. you've just been upgraded to a DL PAP for free.

I'm still shocked they would do such a thing.. I'm wondering if this guy is really speaking out of turn. But he's the company dude.. so I hope they've thought this out ahead of time. Or it could end up like the birthday promo.. taking a month to figure out all the 'what ifs'

Tax is one thing. In CA, you don't pay tax on the tickets, but in FL you do. So when they charge you $700 - what if any tax will you pay and based on what? I guess it will be good when Disney finally posts all the legal mumbo on it.
    Acording to something I read earlier (sorry, I couldn't find it for you again, I really tried) Fl tax will be applied to half of the ticket cost.

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Acording to something I read earlier (sorry, I couldn't find it for you again, I really tried) Fl tax will be applied to half of the ticket cost.
    This is correct. The pass is billed as $350 for the California Parks and $350 for the Florida Parks. So as California has no sales tax on admission media, $350 will be tax free and the other $250 will have the appropriate Florida sales tax added on to the amount of $22.75, bringing the total of the Pass to $722.75.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    This is correct. The pass is billed as $350 for the California Parks and $350 for the Florida Parks. So as California has no sales tax on admission media, $350 will be tax free and the other $250 will have the appropriate Florida sales tax added on to the amount of $22.75, bringing the total of the Pass to $722.75.
    $250 or $350?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Got the number wrong, but the math right. Its like he found the info on another Planet! haha

• Disney Pure-ist

This is great for people who live near either of the two Parks
    (AND) are planning a Resort Visit to their opposite.
    We are planning a 2 week WDW trip for this year, and this might be a perfect option, seeing as we already own DL Premium passports, and frequent Disneyland at least 3 times a month.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

No kidding. This pass was made for you.

• I love my family!

About the possible SoCal AP upgrades, I would hope they studied the numbers before going forward with the new passes. All they would have to do is crosscheck names in the two systems to figure out the overall impact on both Resorts.
    I would guess the overall impact on the DLR would be minimal, atleast when it comes to the two lower end APs, people who purchase those passes are locals and do it to save money, I don't see many of those same people wanting to spend 3-4x as much on a AP for parks on the otherside of the country. I'm sure there are some but I can see the upgrades happening more from the deluxe level.
    I haven't seen many people mention they both passes here on MC, so we'll just have to see how this plays out.

On another note, I just may be one of the lucky ones. I have a PAP at DL but only a reg for WDW, so if the what was said is true I may just get the new pass and an extra 3 months on my WDW AP.
    I'm looking forward to finding out for sure.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Got the number wrong, but the math right. Its like he found the info on another Planet! haha
    Actually, from the update at work, but it is on that site too...

Yeah, I kept typing $250 for some reason instead of $350. I think I did it like 6 times and thought I corrected them all.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Angry Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

This is their response to the overcrowding at DL? "Hey, let's give 'em WDW too and maybe it'll even things out." Well, I'm here to say it won't. Most of the people who have AP's to DL don't have them because they lurve DL; they have them because they're cheap. We know this because most DL AP's are the cheap SoCal AP's.

This is their response to the failure of the resort concept? Don't try to raise the quality and attract more tourists, no, no! Keep giving away the resorts! Heck, give away both resorts! Milk those foamers! They'll come no matter what!

So whom does this bicoastal buffet benefit? Once again Florida. Look at the prices that were posted earlier in this thread. The odds favor Florida by a long shot. It's much cheaper to upgrade from a WDW AP than from DL. This means very few DL people are going to upgrade, but plenty of Floridians will. WDW will get a nice bump in attendance from the few DL'ers who do upgrade, but DL will get a huge influx of WDW AP's who will come here because DL is now practically free.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    $700 is the price of a two-park AP at TDR.
    And what the price should be for just DL/DCA.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    So whom does this bicoastal buffet benefit? Once again Florida. Look at the prices that were posted earlier in this thread. The odds favor Florida by a long shot. It's much cheaper to upgrade from a WDW AP than from DL. This means very few DL people are going to upgrade, but plenty of Floridians will. WDW will get a nice bump in attendance from the few DL'ers who do upgrade, but DL will get a huge influx of WDW AP's who will come here because DL is now practically free.
    Well... it benefits FL *customers* but should really benefit DL's BUSINESS.

All those people that travel to FL and stay in hotels... will not be traveling and hopefully staying in Disney hotels. Hence, benefiting the Resort concept.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Well... it benefits FL *customers* but should really benefit DL's BUSINESS.

All those people that travel to FL and stay in hotels... will not be traveling and hopefully staying in Disney hotels. Hence, benefiting the Resort concept.
    It seems like it, but not really. The Resort concept is supposed to pull in people from out of town who don't go to DL very often and who are thus willing to pay full price. Yes, those hotel rooms will be full, but they'll be full of people who have paid almost nothing for admission to DL and also get AP discounts on their rooms! We will be getting a whole new group of people who pay very little to visit the Park a lot. Essentially, they've figured out how to add a bunch of new pseudo-locals to the AP base. Under this plan, the hotels will thrive, but the Park itself will continue the same pattern of more crowding and less spending.

Side note: the theater business has a term for this practice. It's called "papering the house," which is something a show does when it's past its prime and desperate for a few more big audiences right before it closes. See why I'm worried?
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Just got mine!

It's awesome. It's sparkly and gold.

No picture. It scans and biometrically identifies.

Pretty damn sweet.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    It seems like it, but not really. The Resort concept is supposed to pull in people from out of town who don't go to DL very often and who are thus willing to pay full price. Yes, those hotel rooms will be full, but they'll be full of people who have paid almost nothing for admission to DL and also get AP discounts on their rooms! We will be getting a whole new group of people who pay very little to visit the Park a lot. Essentially, they've figured out how to add a bunch of new pseudo-locals to the AP base. Under this plan, the hotels will thrive, but the Park itself will continue the same pattern of more crowding and less spending.
    The hotel bookings is what the company is thirsty for - Hotel revenue is way more profitable then gate admissions. Hotel occupancy and building capacity is where profits are. That's why they tried to build the resort concept in the first place, and why this plan will benefit DL's business.

Instead of stuffing the theme parks with guests that pay little to visit... they can get guests that pay little to visit but are likely to stay in Disney hotels or buy DVC.

The Division includes both Hotels and the theme parks.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Disney Pure-ist

I just dont see boatloads of people from FLA, getting on planes and flying to DL. Their Park is larger, has more to offer, so I ask what would make anyone think Floridians will take over DL?

I can however, see people in the L.A. area doing this pass to go to Orlando. It just makes more vacation planning sense to upgrade out here, to go back there. With all of the Dland Parks in FLA, this would have to save the 1-3 week vacationers alot of money in the long run.

Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Florida Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including park hopping privileges .
    I still don't see the influx of FLA travelers to Anaheim happening. Their Park is on a much grander scale and has much more to offer, so why would they feel the need to visit 1.5(one and a half) parks?

$700 for DL & DCA would be a ripoff, when FLA offers more for $659 Premium AP.

We are charged less on the west coast, because we do not have what Orlando offers. Many more Parks and choices, Vs. Disneyland and DCA(which is currently undergoing major refurbishing)

Southern California Residents should start booking their vacation now and jump on this deal.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    I still don't see the influx of FLA travelers to Anaheim happening. Their Park is on a much grander scale and has much more to offer, so why would they feel the need to visit 1.5(one and a half) parks?
    Because Disneyland is better?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast