Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Hhhhmmmm.... Seeing what others have said, I'll agree. $700!?!?!?!?!

• Best Buds

Re: Disney's Premier Annual Pass let you go to both the Disneyland Resort & WDW. COOL

Yes, I too wonder about the discounts. I have a Disneyland Deluxe Annual Pass and, since I will travel to both coast this year, may trade up to the Premier Passport, Does that mean I get the 15% food/merchandise discount at DL, vs. the 10% I currently get with the Deluxe? It seems so odd that Disney is not spelling these details out. I mean, people are already receiving the passes. Also, the discounts would be a selling point (even if it was just a minor one).
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• You have much to learn...

I just got my upgraded pass the other day- I was happy to get one after all of the different information going around- First that it was available only to premium holders at both parks, then corrected that any passholder at both parks would get it.

I am now wondering that since Disney Vacation club members get discounts off of annual passes at both parks now- if at renewal time, would members get any discount off the Premier pass now? I doubt they will, but things change from time to time with Disney.

I had just the 4 parks DVC annual pass for WDW & the annual pass at DL with the blackout dates- so I guess I'll be visiting Disney Quest more now since I'm not a big water park person.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    One - such a product is not about the 'average' guest. Nor is the WDW Premium Passport to begin with....

None of these passes are for the people that only visit the parks once a year.
    Actually, I've saved money with the old premium annual pass based solely on 1 trip. You also have to add in the discounts on hotel stays when you have an annual pass... at WDW the savings on just moderate resorts for a 9 day trip by having an annual pass paid the full price of a premium annual pass compared to what I would have been charge with no pass.... That doesn't even include the additional savings on parking.

It really depends on how many days you are going to be there regardless of how many trips you take... and whether you will get any additional benefit from things like room discounts.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas998 View Post
    Actually, I've saved money with the old premium annual pass based solely on 1 trip. You also have to add in the discounts on hotel stays when you have an annual pass... at WDW the savings on just moderate resorts for a 9 day trip by having an annual pass paid the full price of a premium annual pass compared to what I would have been charge with no pass.... That doesn't even include the additional savings on parking.
    ?? Parking is free for hotel guests on Disney property.

Yes, the hotel discounts are the biggest lure for WDW pass holders - but as you illustrate.. you gotta spend big to get those things to pay off for you. 9 days is a long trip. Plus, you must plan your trip around the AP opportunities for discounts to maximize it.

All in all - these passes are not about the 'casual' visitor to Disney parks - they are about the dedicated ones. So yes, as you highlight, number of stays is not an exclusive measure.. but more about how much you spend. Be it over one trip or many trips.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456