Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• hi!

Charging Stations Around DLR and DCA.

we've all had our moment when we were texting someone in line for a ride and our phone dies, JUST before you had to send that last important text.

or you were looking for your 2-year old son who you let run around the park by himself equipped with a cell phone and yours died just as he was calling it.

thanks to the community over at the MouseWait live chat lounge, they've compiled quite a list of places you can charge your phone!

List updated as of 3/11/2010
    list items added by MiceChatters in bold

DISNEYLAND
    • Main St. The Fire House – behind the engine
    • Main St. train station go into the front entrance and make a left (sit and charge)
    • In front of the Photo Shop on Main Street. If you are looking directly at the entrance, look on the wall to your right and you will see an outlet with a cover on it.
    • Main St. Carnation Cafe: There are two outlets flanking the doorway between Carnation Cafe and The Bakery. From Awesome
    • Main St Gibson girl ice cream parlor at the tables
    • Main St. Lockers
    • Main St next to Painless DDS and Lockers
    • The east exit of the Market House on Main St.
    • Inside the Baby Care station in Main St. is a wall outlet in the little nursing room. Charge up while you feed your little one From Polkadobo
    • The Snow White Wishing Well in Fantasyland – with your back to the well, face towards the Castle and it is in the bushes next to the railing – 2 outlets in a green camouflaged box.
    • Matterhorn exit right side on black lamp
    • Behind the Edelweiss Snack Shop
    • Across from the edelweiss on the south post of the old boat ride launch platform
    • Carnation Plaza (the dance floor in between the Castle and Frontierland) there is a box on the stage and behind it is an outlet (thanks to MouseWait user @disneylove for this clarification)
    • Pizza Port in Tomorrowland – directly to the right of the front entrance. You can sit and charge!
    • Two in the buzz FP dispenser and two in the bushes to the right of the Buzz exit in Tomorrowland
    • Space Mountain exit Tomorrowland: There is an outlet right outside of the cast member entrance near the exit area of Space Mountain and the bathrooms
    • In Critter Country, there is an outlet just outside the back door of Pooh Corner gift shop (thanks to a comment from Cindy below)
    • Critter Country lower level of Hungry Bear Restaurant
    • There is an outlet in Frontier Land in the small character plaza outside the Rancho del Zocalo exit. It is on the right side behind the little fence (thanks to Cindy)
    • The second level of the Golden Horseshoe Saloon is littered with outlets, especially next to the performers booths (thanks to B Smith)
    • Frontierland. It’s just outside of Big Thunder behind the benches that face the ride. From MozGirl
    • Stand by entrance to Splash Mountain and to the left of the outer Fastpass sign.
    • Next to the Pirate fortune teller inside the Pieces of Eight store in New Orleans square. From MozGirl
    • Toon Town train station – this one is near the benches, you can sit and charge!
    • Toon Town city hall steps east and west
    • Toon Town Goofy's House - under a fire extinguisher
    • Toon Town Behind Donalds boat
    • Toon Town Roger Rabbit Car Toon spin far right of the entrance by drinking fountain
    • Toon Town Post Office
    • Toon Town – in between the Store and the Electricity Door by Roger Rabbit
    • Toon Town inside the Firehouse Jailhouse building. The steps of the Electricity Door are a good place to sit while charging (from DZNY HEART)
    • The Picnic Area outside the front entrance of Disneyland by the Coke machine
    • None of the outlets in the bushes at the small world overflow cue are working (On a breaker for Christmas use – Mad Mardigan)

CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
    • Bountiful Valley - Right next to the "musical farm instruments."
    • Eat and let your phone charge! Head over to the Bay Area (next to Paradise Pier) look for an old stage where the bands used to play. If you are looking at the stage it is on your right and you can eat and let your phone charge!
    • Every red parade light stand has two power outlets and two audio (xlr) jacks
    • In the Boudin Bread tour to the right or the entrance
    • Outside the Boudin tour at the pay phones
    • 3 outlets in Tower of Terror one next to the elevator on the far right one next to a bench in the exit hallway and one on the right of the exit of the gift shop
    • Four outlets outside on the East facing wall of Animation Building
    • Two outlets in the Zoetrope room on the floor in the Animation Building
    • Multiple outlets in hallways entering and exiting Animation Building
    • Hallway of Sorcerers Workshop in the Animation Building
    • Outlet in the pre show room of it’s tough to be a bug down low on the west wall
    • Four more at the front of the mens and womens restrooms in bugs land
    • Four more outlets to the right of bugs land entrance sign to the left of tables
    • Three power outlets on building across from Ariel’s Grotto between Catch a Flave and the bridge
    • Outlet next to a table near the 3D Muppet Show
    • In the Blue Sky Cellar to the right of the exit
    • Taste Pilot southwest corner at a table
    • At and behind the pay phones across from Soarin over California
    • There are a few outlets by the bathrooms that are at the entrance
    • Burger Invasion
    • Next to the store across from Soarin’ Over California, there are payphones, there are outlets there.
    • Near the bathroom entrance in the Hollywood Backlot (the bathrooms near Playhouse Disney).
    • The restroom corridor behind the King Triton Carousel

^looks like a list for Hidden Mickeys doesn't it?

for the iPhone users, the MouseWait blog mentions a Kensington portable battery pack and charger if you need to charge on the go and cant find an outlet.. but it's really pricey at $45.. i've gone the Monoprice route and got myself one for under $10.. it can hold about 1.5 full charges and has saved me quite a few times already.

source: MouseWait Blog
    Last edited by plagued; 03-11-2010 at 05:41 PM.
    -plagued

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: Charging Stations Around DLR and DCA.

That's a handy list and it was nice of you to post it.

However...I have to say that I'd rather every cell phone lost reception the minute it's inside the park. I can't tell you how incredibly sick and tired I am of idiots sitting INSIDE an attraction and calling their idiot friends to describe it: "Hey, I'm calling from inside the Tiki Room! Heh heh! Yeah, I know! What are you doing now?" blah blah etc. Even last night at the D23 party, there was a moron calling his buddy from inside POTC. At least reception drops at some point inside most rides.

Also...if you turn your 2 year old loose inside the park, alone...then you have bigger problems than a dead cell phone. Maybe you meant to type 12 year old?

• hi!

you'd be surprised at how young cell phone users are getting.. some kids are getting phones before they can even complete an entire sentence.. sooner or later we'll be seeing kids that can't even walk yet chatting up their mobile devices.. sad really.

but thankfully there is already a thread for park cell phone usage gripes: No more cell phone use in dark rides
    -plagued

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Or just take it to the Photo Shop. They will charge it, and give you a claim check to comeback and get it later.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Or just take it to the Photo Shop. They will charge it, and give you a claim check to comeback and get it later.
    Is there a fee for this service or is it complimentary?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Is there a fee for this service or is it complimentary?
    No fee. It's quite awesome.

I've used this and the problem is that first off, most of the outlets are in bizarre locations. The best are in a couple of pre-show rooms in DCA, (Bug, Animation Academy) the train stations and in the Golden Horseshoe since you can wait/eat while your phone charges. Otherwise it's hilariously awkward. (by the way, there's also one at the Star Tours exit)

I'll have to use that Photo Shop charging next time. Didn't about that. Thanks.

• A Not-So-Mad Mini-Hatter

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    you'd be surprised at how young cell phone users are getting.. some kids are getting phones before they can even complete an entire sentence.. sooner or later we'll be seeing kids that can't even walk yet chatting up their mobile devices.. sad really.

but thankfully there is already a thread for park cell phone usage gripes: No more cell phone use in dark rides
    I know, my nine-year-old cousin's friends have cell phones, and I believe one of them had two.
    One for emergencies and one for everyday use, of course. -_-

Anyway, in regards to the point of this thread, this is a snazzy list here. I don't really use my phone so much that it dies, though. My camera, on the other hand, is a different story.
    blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
    - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
    disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
    - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
    - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
    - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Ok, so are these just outlets, or are they manned stations? Since I got my new smart phone it seems like my battery only lasts half a day at best never carry the charger around with me though, but maybe there it would be worth while.
    Yaye!

• hi!

these are simply confirmed found outlets you can plug into, i'm betting a lot of them are awkward to stand with a wire/cord though
    -plagued

• Nothing to see here!

I've got two spots to add, Toontown in Goofy's house under a fire extinguisher.

The other is in DCA in the Bountiful Valley Farm area, right next to the annoying "musical farm instruments"

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
    That's a handy list and it was nice of you to post it.

However...I have to say that I'd rather every cell phone lost reception the minute it's inside the park. I can't tell you how incredibly sick and tired I am of idiots sitting INSIDE an attraction and calling their idiot friends to describe it: "Hey, I'm calling from inside the Tiki Room! Heh heh! Yeah, I know! What are you doing now?" blah blah etc. Even last night at the D23 party, there was a moron calling his buddy from inside POTC. At least reception drops at some point inside most rides.

Also...if you turn your 2 year old loose inside the park, alone...then you have bigger problems than a dead cell phone. Maybe you meant to type 12 year old?
    People still talk on phones?
    If anything, texting is a lot more efficient, since people on attractions often can't hear the ring. They'll check their phone for texts afterward, then walk straight into a pole.

• RCMC: Java Junkie

Nice list, thanks for posting and thanks MonorailMan for telling us about the photo shop place. If I had to charge my phone while in the park (I usually don't) I would leave it at the photo shop place and come back. At least I know someone is taking care of it.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm not as concerned with 2 year olds on cell phones as much as people who would turn them loose alone in the park. With or without cell phones...

Question: are we, as guests, allowed to use these outlets? I mean, they are there for us, right? Because of their mostly awkward placing I'm never quite sure.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast