Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• The Tomorrowland One

Re: new toy story parking lot opens the 19th

I made it a while ago.

Parking at the DLR

Now to update it for the new Toy Story lot...

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I made it a while ago.

Parking at the DLR

Oh wow it is pretty far down the street. I'd hate to park back there!

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Geez...now Pixar characters are even muscling in on the parking lots!
    To be fair, it'll make it easier to remember with the nearby Buzz Lightyear that is already established. So at least folks will be in the same area. Much more helpful than Pumba and Simba, both Lion King characters, having their lots NOWHERE near each other.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Fireworks Finatic!

They are actually parking in the pre-existing Buzz Lightyear parking lots today. They are not using the brand new lots yet, but people were over there painting lines and installing signs even today, Sunday.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Anyone but me tired of Toy Story at the Park, they're in a parade, a show (army men), Two Rides, Woodys in Frontierland and Buzz in Tomorrowland, and soon to have a musical and will also be in WoW I mean....god they're everywhere.

• Minion

I have a somewhat related question

I'll be staying at Abby's Anaheimer in a couple weeks. It's at the corner of Katella and Walnut right across from Simba. So I am thinking my best plan is to take the shuttle from that lot.

Where is the closest entrance for me to get in the the lot on either Katella or Walnut ?
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

how diferent is it now whith this new parking lot than when they used to use it before for overflow parking? You drive in, park wait for tranportation and sit back while you are taken to the entrance.

Same thing happens at the mickey and friend parking. You drive in, maybe wait for all the backed traffic, walk a long distance to the tram loading area, wait 15 to 30 minutes to board a tram and then sit back and wait to be taken to the entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    There's Convention Way, Katella, Disney Way, and then the pedestrian crosswalk at the entrance. So four lights total on that route.

Really? I thought it was more. :/
    convention way only runs between the convention center property so it does not affect people walking from the new parking lot. The only real crosswalk is Katella and harbor. besides people that want to walk could cross that one intersection and take the timon lot tram by entering the katella gate.

ts really not as bad as some people want to make it out to be. Disney and Anaheim could also guide people to go out through Katella and have them walk through Gardenwalk and either take the bus system from their or finish the walk. It would definately add foot traffic to the mall and its good excercise.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    There are ticket booths in this lot.
    Not sure if that's a question or a statement but I'll add to it.
    For simple credit card or ATM purchases. Same as the tickets sales at the DL turn styles.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Anyone but me tired of Toy Story at the Park, they're in a parade, a show (army men), Two Rides, Woodys in Frontierland and Buzz in Tomorrowland, and soon to have a musical and will also be in WoW I mean....god they're everywhere.

No. just you.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    To be fair, it'll make it easier to remember with the nearby Buzz Lightyear that is already established. So at least folks will be in the same area. Much more helpful than Pumba and Simba, both Lion King characters, having their lots NOWHERE near each other.
    Buzz Light year IS Toy Story Parking Lot. but I think they are going to start naming the areas within Toy Story things like Buzz light year, etc.

• We Want The Redhead

Now Living in Eden Along The Lake Erie Shore In The Furthermost Reaches Of Western New York State

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I made it a while ago.

Parking at the DLR

Hey Autopia,
    The map you provide puts this into much clearer perspective. That's pretty bad. Since I arrive from the north and very early as well, I hope I never wind up out there. The trip in first thing in the morning might not be so bad, but the walk back at midnight would be awful. It's not like that's the prettiest neighborghood on earth for strolling.
    Seriously, that's just plain awful...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Banned User

I'd like to know what if any "new" procedures are going to be implemented for this lot and how they are different than what they do over in Pumbaa. The only thing that I can think of is that bussing out may be manditory in the Buzz lot as opposed to Pumbaa since forcing guests to use the Harbor & Katella crosswalk could be too dangerous. But the OP made it seem like there would me more things changed as well.

At this point Disney should either be getting ready to build pedestrian bridges across the major intersections and streets or getting ready to build a new structure.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is that bussing out may be manditory in the Buzz lot as opposed to Pumbaa since forcing guests to use the Harbor & Katella crosswalk could be too dangerous.
    Too dangerous? It's used by everyone else all day every day without making avoiding it 'mandatory'.

These intersections are well lit, well marked, and highly used already. I think thou protests too much...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    I'd like to know what if any "new" procedures are going to be implemented for this lot and how they are different than what they do over in Pumbaa. The only thing that I can think of is that bussing out may be manditory in the Buzz lot as opposed to Pumbaa since forcing guests to use the Harbor & Katella crosswalk could be too dangerous. But the OP made it seem like there would me more things changed as well.

At this point Disney should either be getting ready to build pedestrian bridges across the major intersections and streets or getting ready to build a new structure.
    Maybe the NEW procedure is the fact that tickets will be sold at the parking lot. Other than that, I can't imagine much else being that different.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast