Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Mouseaddict Developer

Re: new toy story parking lot opens the 19th

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    It's all temporary. Trams make more financial sense to Disney. They own them.
    I would agree if they can get the city council to approve Trams on parts of the streets surrounding the Resort.

Not quite what I meant. The Toy Story lot is a temporary fix until a more permanent solution can be built.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    We went to the parks on Friday arriving at about 11:30 a.m. We were directed to the Toy Story Lot. There were several buses lined up and ready to go, so there was no wait to board one. It did take about 20 minutes to get to the park, though, but my kids were so excited about riding the "cool buses" it didn't really matter. We were ready to leave the parks at about 8:00 p.m. that evening; same situation, no waiting to board the buses. I say this is much more convenient than packing in line like sardines for the Mickey and Friends trams. If this helps with that craziness, then I say that this is a GREAT idea on Disney's part. Anyone with overly stimulated, overly tired kids at the end of a long day at the parks, knows what it's like to wait in those crazy lines for the trams: It's not fun. The bus ride to the parking lot was pleasant, and like I said, we didn't have to wait for any buses.
    Wow, you showed up much earlier than I did and had to park there? My family & I got to DL about 4ish? We were redirected from M&F all the way to this Toy Story Lot. We ended up walking on Harbor because there was a long line for the buses. Luckily at the end of the night, the buses were just arriving so we quickly got on one.

• Mouseaddict Developer

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Not quite what I meant. The Toy Story lot is a temporary fix until a more permanent solution can be built.
    oh.. <sigh>

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by janngobble View Post
    oh.. <sigh>
    Sigh? Were getting a new parking structure, its a good thing. :P

We parked there for the first time on Monday at about 3 PM. I was pleasantly surprised with how efficient everything was. There was a bus boarding, with three more waiting behind it. We got on the bus, the driver was friendly and we arrived at the ex- Lion King load area in about 10 minutes. It did seem much more convenient than M&Fs.

Upon returning, there were about 10 buses waiting in line for quick boarding/departure. I hope this efficiency keeps up, but I think after a while they will get a handle of when there is demand and cut some buses here and there.

The entire situation was very much like riding WDW buses, but a much quicker ride. They need to make them a little more Disney on the inside if they will be using them for a while.

• Missing an Angel

All I have to say is after working in this lot and seeing how much better everything is, when I'm a guest, I'm going to this lot.

• Mouseaddict Developer

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Sigh? Were getting a new parking structure, its a good thing. :P
    I was sighing over the misunderstanding... I thought another user meant the "Buses" were temporary -- and kinda carried it from there. The sigh was simply my way of saying "my bad" ... which my nephew tells me I am *far* to old to be saying.

MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the new Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, check your private messages, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at http://mouseaddict.com.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    All I have to say is after working in this lot and seeing how much better everything is, when I'm a guest, I'm going to this lot.
    That's what I'm thinking
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

On a busy Spring Break, Friday afternoon (April 9), I tried out the Toy Story Parking Lot for the first time. Approaching the lot from the south on Harbor Blvd, I turned right into the entrance at 12:25pm. About half of the parking booths had a single car in line, so it was easy to find an empty lane with no wait. Things were looking good.

But I was directed to park in Woody 3A, which is about as far away from the bus loading zone as any spot in the lot. Still, when I made it to the buses, I walked right onto a bus. There were plenty of buses. No waiting.

The bus dropped us off in the old Timon tram loading zone at 12:42pm. A total of 17 minutes from when I turned into the entrance of the Toy Story Lot, until drop off. I was very impressed. Just a guess, but this was probably faster than parking at the M&F structure, waiting for a tram and taking that tram in at the same time this day.

In the evening, I headed back to the Toy Story buses after the Electrical Parade at DCA. There was a bit of a line at the bus loading zone, but the CMs kept it moving quickly, with plenty of buses waiting for all of us tired guests. I got in line at 9:38pm and was back in my car at 9:57pm. The return trip timed at 19 minutes. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and probably compared very favorably to parking at the M&F structure on that busy day.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567