Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Easter in Disneyland

Hello... I have been to Disneyland many times but never on any actual holidays. I am going to be there on April 4th and 5th and I was wondering if anyone else had ever been on Easter and could tell me what special things go on, if any, for the holiday and what crowds are like. Thank you for any advice, memories, and help.
    I walked with you once upon a dream...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Easter in Disneyland

It's busy.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

It sure is. I couldn't have said it better myself. Weather is great, at least is now. But it's vacation time for many. But have fun! They should have amazzzzing cupcakes and cookies
    -"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

When is easter this year?
    Yaye!

April 4th. 2 weeks from Sunday.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Little Green Man

We've gone on Easter Sunday twice. Each time we got to Disneyland at 10 or 11 am. (We drove down from Northern California that morning) We found the park getting busier as the day went on but never too busy. The rest of Spring Break was busier.
    I don't recall any Easter related stuff besides souvenirs and Easter decorations at the Storyteller buffet. Oh and Rabbit was out at the Pooh area both years.

We will be arriving late on Easter Sunday (but not going to the parks that day) and visiting the parks the 3 days following Easter. I expect it to be busy, but manageable. Agree/Disagree?

• Little Green Man

Quote Originally Posted by wfleishh View Post
    We will be arriving late on Easter Sunday (but not going to the parks that day) and visiting the parks the 3 days following Easter. I expect it to be busy, but manageable. Agree/Disagree?
    Agree.

My wife is a teacher and we have school aged kids. So we always go on school breaks - it's always busy when we're there! However, I prefer spring because it's not as hot and, I think, not as busy as summer overall.

Have a great trip!

I go every year on Easter Sunday. the parks are normally not busy since most families spent the day at a nearby park doing their easter egg hunt.

The resort usually does not do anything special for that Holiday, they might sell a couple treats in the bakery but nothing is done like in WDW where they have all kinds of Easter based entertainment

• Seeker of Fun

We're going that week too, and I've been a little nervous about crowds. We went last December 18-20th...and it was SO crowded. I mean, it was insane. Hoping it's not like that.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    We're going that week too, and I've been a little nervous about crowds. We went last December 18-20th...and it was SO crowded. I mean, it was insane. Hoping it's not like that.
    Yeah, I'd say that's one of the worst times go (I hear New Years is the worst), crowds wise.
    But the Christmas time at the park is the most beautiful time to go.
    Even with the crowds, my personal favorite time to hit the parks.

I've done Spring break at the park and it's usually pretty busy.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I am going to be arriving Sat April 3rd but not going to the park until Sun and Mon. I expect the morning to be slow and then a sudden infusion of people. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Good thing is I am staying across the street so I won't have to worry about parking. I don't mind if Easter Sunday is busy but I'm really hoping that Monday will be on the slower side since its the last day before kids back to school. I know as a mom that we don't usually travel the day before school go back. No kids on this trip for us though!!
    I walked with you once upon a dream...

• i ♥ disneyland

I have been to Disneyland on the 4th of July, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving and most recently New Year's Eve (THAT WAS CRAZY!), however - this is my first Easter at Disneyland as well. I arrive on Friday, April 2nd and depart Monday night, April 5th.

I would expect the crowds to be worse AFTER Easter as the hotels I've checked are full and for us in northern California that's Spring Break. That's why I figured we'd be better off showing up down there BEFORE the kids get their full-week off from school.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

follow me: twitter.com/madhattterchica

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've been to the Resort for Easter three years in a row.

But since they cancelled the Easter Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the DLH last year (as well as this year), we stopped going.

We never really noticed the crowds since we were having too much fun, but sadly, until they bring back the Easter buffet, we'll go somewhere else...

Have fun!

• ohai

Lucky duck...mouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast