Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

50th Surprise?

I found a link to this story on the mouseinfo boards. We could be in for a shock on May 4th:

The following information is guaranteed to by 100% accurate.*

As some of you may be aware by now, either because you are a Disneyland annual passholder or because you’ve been targeted by Disney’s unrelenting marketing campaigns, Disneyland will be celebrating its 50th anniversary this year beginning on May 5th. If you have been to Disney fan websites, you may even be aware of some of the new offerings that will premiere this year: the opening of a Buzz Lightyear ride, a new parade, a new fireworks show, gold ride vehicles, a Disney Cruise Line on the west coast, and the “re-launch” of Space Mountain. However there is one surprise for Disneyland’s Golden Anniversary that has been kept completely out of the public’s knowledge. Until now.

Ask yourself, “What would be the ultimate attraction for Disneyland that would also reflect the park’s history?” Walt Disney himself, of course. Walt will be making appearances at Disneyland and the neighboring Disney’s California Adventure park from May 5th until July 17th.

Some of you may be aware Mr. Disney was cryogenically frozen back in 1966 to be kept preserved until a cure for lung cancer could be found. Many believe this is merely urban legend, but as someone who worked in Disney’s Evil Master Planning department for over fifty years before being laid off by a spiteful Michael Eisner**, I can tell you that this is exactly what happened. While I mainly did work in the subliminal messaging field, all of us in the department knew what was going on, and I still have connections on the inside.

Obviously the cure for lung cancer has not yet been found, but technology has advanced far enough that Walt can be reanimated for four to five month intervals. Some of you may be aware that Disneyland will be closed on May 4th, to “put the finishing touches” on the park before the celebration. On this day, the media will be invited to the park for Walt’s big unveiling when the reanimation process will be complete.

Walt will stay at the Disneyland Resort until the park’s actual anniversary on July 17th, making appearances at various locations. After that, he will make appearances at other Disney theme parks. From July 19th to August 9th, Mr. Disney will appear in various locations around the Walt Disney Word Resort in Central Florida. From August 11th until the 21st, Mr. Disney will appear around Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris, where it is expected that no one will come to see him. From the 23rd until the 31st, he will be at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Finally, Walt will be present at the grand opening of Hong Kong Disneyland in September.

After this final appearance, Mr. Disney will return to his cryogenically frozen state, though company insiders are already considering having him make an encore appearance at Disneyland in the summer of 2006 if attendance figures are lower than expected. There has also been talk of permanently putting Mr. Disney’s cryogenically frozen body on display at Disney’s California Adventure (since it will no longer be a carefully guarded secret) in the hopes of bringing more visitors to the struggling theme park.

Remember: You heard it hear first.***

*-Not an actual guarantee.
    **-This view of Mr. Eisner is the opinion of the writer, not necessarily the view of the government facility he is being held prisoner in.
    ***-Unless Al Lutz breaks the story before this is able to be posted.
    Last edited by Eisnerland; 03-04-2005 at 12:46 PM.

• wasting time

Marcie, is that you ?

• That's Hawt

ROFL
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Still wants to be a cat!

Gotta love that one!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Doing it with a flair

Quote Originally Posted by Eisnerland
    Walt will be making appearances at Disneyland and the neighboring Disney’s There has also been talk of permanently putting Mr. Disney’s cryogenically frozen body on display at Disney’s California Adventure (since it will no longer be a carefully guarded secret) in the hopes of bringing more visitors to the struggling theme park.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• Banned User

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:20 PM.

• A Little Rabid

...Oh my God.
    That was just... amusingly lame.

ROFLMAO

Funnyness!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Waiting for the stork

Ah, that was good
    procrastibating

• The Dude!!!

?

Can't tell if I find that funny or just plain rude

• Old Timer

You know I saw a news article about the popularity of actors portraying famous people, you know there are a lot of really identical looking Elvis's and Marilyn Monroes....has anybody ever considered the impact if an exact double of Walt Disney was to appear on Main Street?

Would anybody notice?

Would Eisner care?

What if a group of Disney loyalists found a good enough actor, taught him Walts mannerisms and had this individual show up on the 50th anniversary unannounced....with plenty of cameras around ...have an "interview" with reporters about the current state of Disney the Company, LucasFilms, Pixar, DCA, ABC, etc.?

I wouldn't miss it for the world!

:devil: :devil: :devil:
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

It's unfortunate that this story is completely unbelievable.

It would be really interesting to have a Walt impersonator at the park. I wonder if he would be as popular as the princesses?

This is so bad its good. I just emailed it to everyone at work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast