Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

New Parking for APs?

Al Lutz posted this today

Sick of the Disneyland parking nightmare? 3,600 extra spaces open up on Friday in the new Toy Story lot, with over two dozen city buses assigned to shuttle you roundtrip. The trick is getting you to park way down there, and if you have an AP then Disney has plans to push, prod, and plead with you to park there on Sundays.

So how do they plan to try and make APs us this new Parking? Does this mean when you get to the Mickey Parking lot that they'll ask you to use the new Parking or offer something to people who park in the New Toy Story Parking lot???

What do you guys think?

• Banned User

Re: New Parking for APs?

First come.... First Serve... should be implemented.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Al Lutz posted this today

Sick of the Disneyland parking nightmare? 3,600 extra spaces open up on Friday in the new Toy Story lot, with over two dozen city buses assigned to shuttle you roundtrip. The trick is getting you to park way down there, and if you have an AP then Disney has plans to push, prod, and plead with you to park there on Sundays.

So how do they plan to try and make APs us this new Parking? Does this mean when you get to the Mickey Parking lot that they'll ask you to use the new Parking or offer something to people who park in the New Toy Story Parking lot???

What do you guys think?
    you know when you make a right to to go up into the structure, they can force you to go left and out of the structure...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Adventures with Duffy

I agree first come first serve. If it takes me longer(which Im sure it will) to get from the farther away parking lot to the resort then it would be from M&F. Then I wont be parking there. And if they make me or wont let me in as an PAP into the M&F lot, then I wont be renewing my pass. I spend a lot of money at the resort each year as many others do. Disney needs to come up with a fast, easy way to get to the parks.

Wonder who the buses will work for someone in a wheel chair or ECV? Are they like the buses at WDW with ramps?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I agree with the first come, first serve idea. It's the way it should be and it's a lot more fair.

• When Will It Return?

Look, I'm not a whiny entitled-thinking AP holder, but I will say this. If I EVER see a sign that read "Annual Passholder Parking This Way" with an arrow pointing outside the structure, I will never renew my AP again. That kind of crap would be completely unacceptable.

First come, first serve is one thing. I'd be fine with that. Sending AP'ers exclusively out to the strawberry field is completely another. We're not going to have tiered-quality parking with everyone paying the same price, with the season parking-holders exclusively receiving the hind end of the tiered setup. Doing that makes no sense at all, just like reserving all the spaces at the farthest corners of the M&F Structure for AP holders doesn't. That would make me 100% feel like a second-class Disneyland guest. It would be an intolerable solution.

Therefore, if what Lutz says comes true and I get sent out to the strawberry fields because I hold an AP, I could be in for a rather heated conversation with a parking supervisor who wants to give me a lesser-quality parking space (based on walking distance to the park entrances) simply because I hold an AP. When the real problem is that Disney FAILED to build any sort of viable replacement for the Timon lot before it was destroyed, taking it out on me because I hold an AP and am therefore some sort of easier target is not acceptable.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Glitter.

Motorhome parking?

Insert carrot if you park in X lot and show your AP.

Carrot = Free Parking, Disney fluff, etc.

• Minion

Maybe there will be a cast member standing in the Toy Story lot, handing out cloud ears and dream lanyards as the AP crowd grudgingly boards the shuttles.

Hey, if it worked in 2007..

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Maybe there will be a cast member standing in the Toy Story lot, handing out cloud ears and dream lanyards as the AP crowd grudgingly boards the shuttles.
    The situation would still be unacceptable, and I think I'd be that much more insulted if I was given something like that to pacify my displeasure with having to receive the hind end of a tiered system simply because I chose to pre-purchase admission & parking.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• I Miss Carnation Plaza

I might not mind parking in this far-away lot if:

1. The buses that pick you up are able to drop you off at least as close as the trams do to the front gate. Not sure how possible that is.

2. The bus pickup location requires less walking than the entire length of the Mickey and Friends parking structure.

I find I waste a lot of time walking across the full length of the parking structure, riding the escalators, then walking to the far end of the tram loading zone, then walking the long distance from the tram drop-off area by Downtown Disney before I get to the front gate. If the bus drops off at the side the Gardenwalk shuttle drops off at, it's probably a teensy bit closer.

• Banned User

First come first serve... giving APs perks on top of the ones that we may already have will just encourage more people to want to become APs. Next thing you know, single to 5 day ticket purchasers will only make up 5% of the total gate revenues and we will have 7 million APs.

If Disney wants to do it the nice way you'll have to wait in line at Mickey & Friends only to have the booth CM give you a yellow card giving you directions through the now packed outdoor "early bird" parking back out to West St., left on Katella, right on Harbor, then left onto Convention Way and the Buzz lot. Now the problem with this is that most people do not understand the concept of keeping intersections clear so it will be manditory for Anaheim PD to manage the intersections on West & Katella, Katella and Harbor, and Harbor & Convention Way causing what will undoutebly be at least a 30 minute delay into your trip to the park.

My advice would be to avoid Mickey & Friends completely if you plan on coming anytime after 12pm on the weekend. Instead take either an exit that takes you straight to Katella to give you the easiest route to Buzz, OR take Disneyland Dr. exit if you want to take a gamble on Pumbaa parking being available.

Or.. you could always get to the park a half hour before the gates open like I do .

• UnExiled Minion

Maybe they'll make single-occupant cars go there? Seems that is the cause of the lower riders/car metric, which is the cause of the M&F lot getting ffilled up.
    All of which, of course, is caused by one single thing.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Maybe they'll make single-occupant cars go there? Seems that is the cause of the lower riders/car metric, which is the cause of the M&F lot getting ffilled up.
    All of which, of course, is caused by one single thing.
    It would be nice if the public co-operated but I think the reality is that there will be alot of up-front complaints from single drivers as to why they are being redirected to Jupiter when the Jones's get to park in the nice and convenient structure. This would cause a huge backup as people in the heat of frustration tend to forget that they're holding up about 500 people behind them when they stop to yell at a CM or cop.

• Minion

Hmmm yet another Disneyland parking sucks thread yes we know get use to it not changing anytime soon with any acceptable solution! Here IMO is the thought behind hoping AP holders will park in the new lot. Since the Ap holders are more then likely coming to the park at a more regular basis then an out of town guest that may have 3 day or less in the park Disney is hoping that the AP holder that has more oportunity to come (socal residents) would be willing to take one for the team and volunteer to park further away. I am assuming that the buses will drop off at the same point as the pumba lot which is right outside of the security tents and is a short distance from the main gate. Yes the Bus transfer is a bit inconvienent however not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be! Now I personally would like Disney to start working on a way to beam me to the park strait from my home as I am getting sick of airports, rental cars, and parking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast