Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up FNSV- totally under water?

I cannot bring myself to go on FNSV..
    1) Claustrophobia
    2) Can't be in a confined space with my boyfriends gas (no joke).

I feel like I need to go on this attraction though, as I want to finish my DL attraction checklist.

Does the sub go totally under water? If it dosen't, I might be able to bring myself on it (less my boyfriends flatulence).
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

Re: FNSV- totally under water?

On the one hand, no, it does not go entirely underwater.
    On the other hand, it is horrible and boring and evil and the worst ride in the park.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• Huh?

If you want to see the "show" without going on the subs, there is an alternate viewing area that anyone can use. I actually like it better than going on the subs because it's much more comfortable and roomy.

• =)

Omega is at least correct about his first comment. The submarines are never fully submerged under any conditions. The top hatch is always above water, and they have plenty of safety protocols in case anything happens. The space inside the sub doesn't feel particularly confined, either. They've actually got pretty good ventilation so it doesn't get stuffy, and there's enough room to move around. You're not packed in like sardines.

As to whether or not the attraction is worth it...there's only one way to find out!

I do not understand why this attraction is so hated. I think its good. I do not consider it an e-ticket but maybe it was suppose to be, but I still like it. More so then (putting up flame gaurd now) Toy Story Mania.

Anyway, to answer the question, it does not go under water. As you see the sub's traverse the Lagoon, that is as deep as they get. It is a very tight in the sub though, kind of goes along with the theme of being in a sub.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    On the other hand, it is horrible and boring and evil and the worst ride in the park.
    Hehe

One interesting thing is that the scenes are actually not underwater, but rather small rooms separated from the water by plexiglass.

It's pretty good, I don't get why people here hate on it so much. I think it's rather beautifully done for what it is.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Hehe

One interesting thing is that the scenes are actually not underwater, but rather small rooms separated from the water by plexiglass.

It's pretty good, I don't get why people here hate on it so much. I think it's rather beautifully done for what it is.
    I agree with you some portions of the ride, like the lagoon, are just beautiful. And theres a couple exciting parts here and there.

I remember sometimes getting cold while on the ride & it never got stuffy so the ventilation seemed great IMO. Keep looking out the window you probably won't even mind being in a sub, theres a lot too look at.

• What Time Taught Us

Add me to the list of Nemo appreciators. I love the beginning section (although I wish there were more fish).

And I could actually see the surface of the water for pretty much the whole ride when I went on it. Although I had my head all in the porthole, which may be an unconventional way of riding the subs, I don't know. :P

• =)

I haven't heard from many people who hate FNSV. I think the majority opinion both on MiceChat and in the "real world" is that it's a fairly fun little attraction, and certainly an improvement over the motionless lagoon, but nothing to write home about. Naturally, there are people who love it and people who hate it, but I get the impression that most people are pretty middle-of-the-road about it. Which I can definitely appreciate - I find the lagoon to be gorgeous, but once the projections start, I just kinda feel like I'm watching a less funny, less charming, less coherent, less beautiful version of the movie, but with some cool scenery thrown into the mix. That doesn't make it horrible...just not excellent.

I didn't know that I was claustrophobic until I rode FNSV. I almost freaked out and had to lay my head down for the entire second half of the ride. I tried telling myself that I really wasn't underwater, but the feeling of entrapment was too much for me. Ever since then, small, enclosed places without an easy exit have given me problems.

They do have an alternate experience room, which is great! You just go up to the front of the line and ask about it. Its a small room with a video screen where you watch the ride. Its comfortable and air conditioned, and never anyone in there. Its my new favorite place for a hot day! But definitely not the same experience as the actual ride.

Good luck! I'm never stepping foot in the subs again. Horrible, horrible experience.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I liked the ride for the most part, one thing that bothered me was the sound was so loud, it hurt my ears! Where is this alternate viewing area? I'd like to check it out on our next trip, my daughter is not comfortable going onto the sub.
    Yaye!

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    How do you really feel?

It is honestly one of only two rides I never intend to ride again at DL, the other being Innoventions.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

There was a lot of things I really liked about Innoventions, I can't figure out why there's so much trash talk about it
    Yaye!

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

I think the ride is ok, but its not a MUST. Ill get on if i have a newbie with me, but if not, it is usually skipped.

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast