Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Angry Disneyland Casting is so annoying

So I just got laid off and was going to head over to casting to try for a PT position in custodial or something so I called the casting office.

They said they were hiring.

Turns out they lied.

They are "generating interest" for future positions. LIARS.

• What do u mean u people?

Re: Disneyland Casting is so annoying

That's how most theme parks operate. They hire seasonally. With Spring Break basically starting tomorrow, or Saturday depending on how you look at it. Some have already started. Most parks have hired their staff for Spring, and they'll next be looking to hire for Summer.

• Banned User

But wasn't there a statement released already about TDA not holding their annual job fair this year due to the overwhelming amount of apps they've already gotten from walk-ins? I almost want to say that the hiring freeze may last until next year unless some of these applicants on the back-burner are able to find jobs elsewhere before summer.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Soon enough they will hire for summer.

• =)

I hope so...

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Data needs to apply for that custodial job really bad! haha

• Banned User

Ynot? They're the highest paid CM's in the park that aren't run by the park's entertainment division.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If I was looking to get employed, I wouldn't go on a message board calling the prospective employer a liar. That would kind of limit my chances of them ever considering me in the future. You never know just who is reading this.

• =)

^ True, that.

• I'm not really here

Most businesses are always "accepting resumes." Which is considered hiring. Whether or not they are actively employing people is another issue entirely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Ynot? They're the highest paid CM's in the park that aren't run by the park's entertainment division.
    Are you referring to custodial being the highest paid outside of entertainment???? God.,..I hope I didn't miss the sarcasm.

• Banned User

No.. I'm serious. They make really good pay for a CM. In comparison a full time day-shift custodial employee will make $4-$5 bucks more an hour than other fulltime CMs. 3rd shift custodial CMs make even more than that.

Entertainment CMs pay is off the chart and get paid too much in my opinion for what they do but I think there's some legal reasons why they have to be paid less than a certain amount.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    No.. I'm serious. They make really good pay for a CM. In comparison a full time day-shift custodial employee will make $4-$5 bucks more an hour than other fulltime CMs. 3rd shift custodial CMs make even more than that.

Entertainment CMs pay is off the chart and get paid too much in my opinion for what they do but I think there's some legal reasons why they have to be paid less than a certain amount.
    I don't know what payscale you are looking at but custodial starts out around 9 bucks an hour with a top out around 13 though i'm guessing on that top out. Ok pay for what they do but a vast majority are not full time. I imagine that ride ops are around that same scale except for the ones that have been around for awhile(15+ years) they actually make pretty good money for what they do. If you think entertainment is overpaid i'm sure you would just get sick at what the facilities hourly CM's make. It's not unheard of for some of the facilities types to bust 100k a year. Entertainment and Facilities are all union and get paid according to their union contract. I'm sure with a little digging you could probably find their payscales somewhere on the internet.

• Disneyland CM

Hiring is currently pretty limited at the Disneyland Resort for most roles. The Casting Center is always accepting applications for future opportunities however. I heard that summer seasonal hiring will begin shortly but a much smaller amount of applicants will be hired this year due already high staffing levels in most departments. It seems Foods and Merch are always hiring while Attractions is doing no new hiring at all right now except for processing some older applications.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    I don't know what payscale you are looking at but custodial starts out around 9 bucks an hour with a top out around 13 though i'm guessing on that top out. Ok pay for what they do but a vast majority are not full time. I imagine that ride ops are around that same scale except for the ones that have been around for awhile(15+ years) they actually make pretty good money for what they do. If you think entertainment is overpaid i'm sure you would just get sick at what the facilities hourly CM's make. It's not unheard of for some of the facilities types to bust 100k a year. Entertainment and Facilities are all union and get paid according to their union contract. I'm sure with a little digging you could probably find their payscales somewhere on the internet.
    Oh man, I totally spaced on Facilities! I'm still not certain what they do but every one of those facilities guys just loved what they did, I guess I would too if I was making that kind of cheddar. I remember that in 2000, custodial was starting somewhere around $10-11 and some change an hour but that was then I guess. Back then the Attractions CMs were starting at $7.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast