Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

yes update it

• My Children's Father

How about a loop?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

See, the sad part is, when I first rode Thunder Mountain, I swore it was different, but I was like 6.

I remember being on it early evening, and when we went into the rumble tunnel, the whole place seemed to shake, way more than it does now. Then there was a bit of a slowdown towards the top of the climb, and-- if I'm not filling in an imaginitive gap-- a threatening train coming, or rock falling(something dangerous) and then the train would move forward and save us by driving down(Kinda like Indy now). But I'm not sure about this, could be just my imagination from back then.

So, yeah, I think it could be updated a good bit, and they should return the fake splash under the dino bones to it's full glory too...

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I would hope so, I always put my hands up! But I didn't they have to widen some of the tunnels on Matterhorn so people couldn't break their fingers????
    No, they cut back rock in Matterhorn to have emergency exit routes meet width standards.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    I'd like to see a Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland attraction co-exist with BTMRR, they could do some great intertwining of the two.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by tigger001
    Given it's wonderful history to date, I personally think this would be a great opportunity to open up the land area out there and do away with Big Thunder and do the Frontierland (or Fantasyland for that matter) expansion and give us 2 new E ticket rides, some new entertainment offerings, shops, restaurants and maybe some "smaller" type rides.
    But wait, I think this was already discussed as a long-term goal.
    I assume you mean the BBQ and not the ride? :confused:

• The Magics in the details

The reason that they rebuilt SM was because the track was badly cracked and damaged from years of running on high capacity days, and there were major issues (as everyone knows) with sound synchronization. BTMRR has no such problems, and I doubt Matt would squander the budget he could use to further upgrade DCA or bring another new attraction out (such as Subs??) on an attraction that has already had lots of money spent on it recently.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Kirbyshowcase.com

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    They did in fact relay the track however I would still like to see a refurb on a majority of those animatronics on the hills...and especially the falling rocks in the major ascent. If we can replace Madame Leoda's head in HMH why not replace rocks with superior effects? Simple updates, new lighting, remastered music tracks- why not?
    I say fix the matterhorn projection on the left while going up the lift hills before looking at Big Thunder. Its so taky and not only that but theres some crap under it that Im guessing creates the illusion and its as clear as day to everyone. I could make a better snow falling scene then that, 20 mins tops.
    (insert funny comment here)

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    The reason that they rebuilt SM was because the track was badly cracked and damaged from years of running on high capacity days,
    It wasn't so much that as the addition of the sound system. The added/redistributed weight put undue strain on the track and accelerated the wear and tear.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySavor
    See, the sad part is, when I first rode Thunder Mountain, I swore it was different, but I was like 6.

I remember being on it early evening, and when we went into the rumble tunnel, the whole place seemed to shake, way more than it does now. Then there was a bit of a slowdown towards the top of the climb, and-- if I'm not filling in an imaginitive gap-- a threatening train coming, or rock falling(something dangerous) and then the train would move forward and save us by driving down(Kinda like Indy now). But I'm not sure about this, could be just my imagination from back then.

So, yeah, I think it could be updated a good bit, and they should return the fake splash under the dino bones to it's full glory too...
    I agree! I was young when I first rode it, but I have been back on it many times since then. I'm not quite sure when I first went on it, but I know I was on Space Mountain when I was 2 so I am guessing around there. Even when I was there last before the first accident which was a couple of years before it felt more rough and like a wild train car. I talked with a manager of the park and he said that no changes like that were made and it might just feel like it. He said it was coming up for it's refirbushment and they just took extra time to figure everything out then. I still don't exactly believe him. I was there when the accident in July happened too as that was my first time back on it (since there was little thing happeneing to close it again in Feb of 04) and I noticed the change. It was sad going to WDW and having it closed there too.

• e komo mai

[derail]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I agree!
    Donald Duck rocks.
    [/derail]

• That's Hawt

I think I remember a red train light at the top of that hill too .....
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• No bacon; sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Ibut I know I was on Space Mountain when I was 2 so I am guessing around there.
    :confused: You must have been a very tall 2 year old!

• That's Hawt

LOL ... I remember stuffing my shoes to make me that last little bit taller so I could ride
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kram Sacul
    Oh, and rebuild the Rainbow Mountain track trestle that was detroyed during the rains, please.
    What trestle is this? Was this part of Big Thunder? Because I remember the train going under a little trestle-thing from when I was little, but last time I was there, there wasn't any.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast