Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• e komo mai

Question Should They Rebuild Big Thunder After Space Mtn?

Big Thunder is an older ride. Should they rebuild it like they did with Space Mountain?

Your thoughts?

Safety-wise, I think they probably should.

What do you think?

GC

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:19 PM.

• That's Hawt

I don't know that they should, just because a ride gets older they don't necessairly have to rebuild it. I think that DL needs to keep its rollercoasters running for the time being .. it was just killer not have SM open on the busy summer days. Didn't they do a quick retrack of the Matterhorn? If so, they could probablly do that during the slow fall months. Safety wise, the accidents that the ride had were not related to the track, but to the trains themselves, so beyond refurbishing the trains I think the ride is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

As long as it doesn't take 3+ years to complete....
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Still wants to be a cat!

Please let us have all the rides open at once....no refurbs until after summer of 2005!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• It's all nonsense

I say they should leave it.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    For safety reasons, I think they should close all the freeways down, too many people die on them every day.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    For safety reasons, I think they should close all the freeways down, too many people die on them every day.
    EXACTALLY! And, you know, since so many people die in their cars on the way to amusement parks, shouldn't we close the parks too?
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Closed Account

And, since so many people die of work related injuries, earning the cash to buy the car to get to the amusement parks, people really shouldn't hold a job.

• I like Cheese...

THey should only rebuild it if the track shows signs of wear that would require a replacement. I would assume that after the accident they looked at the whole thing very closely.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    THey should only rebuild it if the track shows signs of wear that would require a replacement. I would assume that after the accident they looked at the whole thing very closely.
    I would hope so! Anyways, I am going to derail slightly and ask, Did They Retrack Matterhorn? It was getting rather ruff! As was Space Mountain before they retracked that.

On the subject of BTMRR I would think that they would want to wait untill it was necessairy to retrack, like due to stress fractures or just to improve guest experience. Also, does anybody know if they retracked the section where the train derailed? I would think that might do some damage.

I don't get what a rebuild would have to offer in way of effects, Space is all indoors and with it's theme yeah I can see all sorts of projection effects and props being added but I dunno about Big Thunder (not that they can't add more in the way of effects but I just don't see the need)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    Hey, if they'd just build some Monorails and PeopleMovers, I'd say go for it!
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Old Timer

I think its just fine, after the recent accidents training and maintenance has improved and with a more aggressive leader at the helm there appears to be little of robbing funds from DL to "repair" DCA.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Minion

As for BTMRR... I don't think it should go away any time soon, but if they do make good on the Frontierland expansion, I would not start a letter-writing campaign to save it either.

But I wouldn't want it to go away so we could have more Woody's Roundup. Now, Thunder Mesa... that would get the green light.

Whatever the case, I do think Disney will probably keep BTMRR no matter what. Rides have had incidents before and survived. If ridership was really being affected, I'm sure Disney wouold be the first to extinct it.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast