Question about AP's and hotel discounts.

Right now, I'm not an AP holder, but next time I go down to DL I'm hoping to get one. But, I've been doing some research into getting one and I read somewhere that AP holders get discounts at the three Disney Resort hotels and I was wondering, if I buy my AP online and have the voucher (but not the actual AP card) could I still get the AP rates. And I was also wondering what discount I would get if I go sometime in the first two/ three weeks of March with an AP?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Question about AP's and hotel discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    Right now, I'm not an AP holder, but next time I go down to DL I'm hoping to get one. But, I've been doing some research into getting one and I read somewhere that AP holders get discounts at the three Disney Resort hotels and I was wondering, if I buy my AP online and have the voucher (but not the actual AP card) could I still get the AP rates. And I was also wondering what discount I would get if I go sometime in the first two/ three weeks of March with an AP?
    Yes, you can get the AP rate prior to getting your AP, you MUST have it (or your voucher) prior to checking in.

As for the rates in March, usually they are only released about a month or two prior to the actual date. I would check with MouseSavers.com for the latest rates and specials, she does a great job with tracking Hotel Prices.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

We rely heavily on the AP discounts when we stay at the DL Hotel. We usually stay for four-week long trips per year at the Resort, so what we have to pay is important.

Discounts vary throughout the season and of course, would depend on occupancy rates. When we reserve that far in advance, meaning today until March, they usually haven't announced the AP rates for that time yet, so we reserve our room at whatever rates they quote and then check back prior to our trip for the better rates. That way you are assured a room and can get the better rate when they announce it. They also give special rates without promoting them, as in the case of the $89/per night for Thanksgiving. We didn't see that advertised, they offered it to us when we called to check on the available rates. You just tell them over the phone that you are an AP holder and then show them proof when you check in.

We deal direct with the Hotel and it doesn't hurt to make a few different calls while checking on the rates...

Good Luck! and enjoy your stay!

In early October, I went to reserve a room at the Grand Californian for 4 nights, checking out on Thanksgiving Day. When I was quoted a standard rate and one with an AP discount. The discount was enough to justify the purchase of an AP pass, so I said I'd better get a pass.

She then asked me if I was a member of AAA, which I was, and she said the AAA rate for those days is the same as the AP rate.

Don't know if that's always the case, but it was for the 4 days leading up to Thanksgiving.