• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

A look at the "Golden" Christmas tree, plus a few other things from 10/30

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: A look at the "Golden" Christmas tree, plus a few other things from 10/30

Those sneaky devils...LOL

We look forward to seeing it during out Turkey Day trip.

Thanks!

• Minion

Can anybody tell what the gold ornaments are? I'm hoping that they aren't all the same, as that would look somewhat boring IMHO. I think it would be cool if they had little golden vehicle ornaments- little golden teacups, gold carousel horses, mini gold Peter Pan ships, all the attractions that have recieved golden vehicles for being there on opening day. They could also have a gold castle ornament, gold Tinkerbells, and maybe some sort of crown ornaments (you know, the 5 crowns on the castle). I think that would be a cool thing to do, rather than just generic gold stuff.

• Official Mice Chat person

Very clever storage...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    Can anybody tell what the gold ornaments are? I'm hoping that they aren't all the same, as that would look somewhat boring IMHO. I think it would be cool if they had little golden vehicle ornaments- little golden teacups, gold carousel horses, mini gold Peter Pan ships, all the attractions that have recieved golden vehicles for being there on opening day... <snip>
    Educated guess: They put the generic gold ball ornaments on the tree now, to see how it will look and to get as much pre-prep done as possible - I'll bet the lights are already installed, wired, and tested. Then they'll transport, place and guy the tree in it's normal Town Square spot overnight on Monday.

Then either Monday morning before opening (if they have time) or Tuesday the third shift elves will add all the special ornaments, and fix any of the plain gold ball ornaments that fell off during the move. That will greatly lessen the odds of wiping out a handmade one-of-a-kind display ornament while moving the tree.

An artisan could easily have 10 to 20 hours of labor into each custom ornament before they are done, and that's something you don't want to chance dropping. Bad enough they'll have people working in the tree on cherry-pickers several times between now and New Years fixing bad strings of lights...

("Oops!" <CRASH!> )

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Much better than some of the images that came to mind when thinking of a gold christmas tree.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

from what I've heard (and now seen), the 50th tree is going to be great! It's supposed to be installed the night of Nov. 10th (after park closing).
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Looks awsome! cant wait for it to be installed. I think I will skip school that tuesday and drive on down just to see all the fun stuff and hidden suprises this year!

shwing!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go with a gold foil tree, ala the 60's. That would have been fun.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    from what I've heard (and now seen), the 50th tree is going to be great! It's supposed to be installed the night of Nov. 10th (after park closing).
    That's a bit later in the month than normal, but... They probably have their reasons. Say, when were they planning to open Small World Holiday? Wouldn't happen to be Friday November 11th, would it?

(Runs off to open another browser window and check at the Official Disneyland Site...)

Yup, that's exactly how they are timing it...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go with a gold foil tree, ala the 60's. That would have been fun.
    Considering that this is supposed to be a 50th tree, I'm almost suprised there isn't a "Come to WDW" advert hanging from it. Hehe.