Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: Why do you prefer Disneyland over Disneyworld...?

This whole thread is quite a Disneyland love-in. You mobs of locals love DL so much...that you're going to love the place to death.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    This whole thread is quite a Disneyland love-in. You mobs of locals love DL so much...that you're going to love the place to death.
    It really is, but what do you expect. haha

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's not only the locals that love Disneyland. I live more than 1/2 way across the country in Chicago. When I arrive in Anaheim, I do sometimes wish that I lived there. Harbor Blvd reminds me of a busy Chicago street. I wish that I could walk down one of mine, and turn into the esplanade, and have a Disneyland to go to.

•   
    • Minion

Just got back from my first trip to WDW. I can say I prefer DLR by a lot to WDW. It;s hard to compare them though as they are completely different. I am just glad that in my opinion that the rides we share with WDW here in CA are better to me. That could be because I grew up with the ones here. But the one that really stuck out to me was Pirates in WDW man I think it is awful there. The tiki room was pretty bad I hope they don't ever get around to updating the one here. The Space Mountain there is completely re-done and I am not a fan of it at all. Since I hadn't been there before I don't know how much different it is than it was a couple years ago but the cars are pretty strange seating single file. Hopefully after they redo their Fantasyland it will be better than it is currently. They do have the people movers still though I am jealous of that!!!!

It;s too hard to pick though because Epcot and Animal kingdom are really cool and I spent a lot of time in them (expedition Everest was by far my favorite ride in all of WDW followed by kilimanjaro safaris). I liked Hollywood studios at least in the front part of the park but it just reminded me of DCA's Hollywood area. Although they have better shops in DHS especially the villains store where my girlfriend spent a lot of money

If you wanted to compare just MK to DL then of course DL is way better. I am a traditionalist so of course I like the original it just feel magical to me even though i have been there so many times. I don't mind that Dl is small it seemed more intimate than the MK. When I first stepped into the MK i felt like I was cheating on DL and it felt dirty I will give them props for their burger bars with the fixings stations!

Ok enough ranting

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345