Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Donald's #1 Fan

Why do you prefer Disneyland over Disneyworld...?

Or viceversa?

For me, travelling to DL or DW costs basically the same. I could pick either one and spend more or less the same in airfare and hotel, plus park entry. But I've visited DW 2 or 3 times, and DL +10 times (I've honestly lost count).

Anyway, this is kinda strange for most people. DW is far bigger. It has more attractions, more parks, water parks, sports parks, a bigger Downtown Disney. Everything *should* be better in DW. But I keep going back to Disneyland. Now that I have a family, my wife prefers DL, even though we spent our honeymoon at DW.

We've talked every now and then (mostly when we are planning a visit to the parks) about why we prefer DL. To me, it's a lot of things. I'm in love with California. It brings back fond memories. The weather is nicer. Stuff like that.

But in the end, it all comes down to something intangible. It's just that we *love* to just get to Disneyland and... well, do anything. We can sit on a bench and talk for hours. We can go grab a bite to eat. Ride the rides. Just look at the scenery. Walk a bit. Stay at night and keep on talking. DW, is, for us, just a theme park. DL is something else; it's a place that simply brings a huge grin to our faces. As someone said before, it's as if "Disneyland is huggable". I can't explain it; it's just like that.

So, why do you prefer one park over the other?

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Why do you prefer Disneyland over Disneyworld...?

Walt Disney World is for tourists. Disneyland is for purists.
    Choose your own adventure.

• PERRY SCORES!!!!

Because im 45 minutes from DLR and 5 hours (by plane) to WDW

We are the corps The Cavaliers,
    There is no corps we fear,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we know that we never never will go wrong, so
    March onto victory Cavaliers,
    As we march on through the years,
    We march along and sing this song,
    For we are The Cavaliers.

1...2...3... SPLOOIEEEE

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

because i've never been to WDW
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Because when I go to Disneyland, it's a direct flight, while to WDW, I have to take a connecting flight at either Dallas, Houston, L.A itself, or take the long route and go New York. It's too much trouble to go somewhere that's only a 2.25 hour flight away. It also seems like you're too trapped in the parks at WDW. In Disneyland, you can easily go outside to places like Denny's and Mimi's for a quick meal then back into the park that will cost a whole lot less. In WDW, a lot harder, unless you pick that over proximity to the parks.

• Minion

Well, Disney World's huge layout lacks the charm of Disneyland's. Everything in Disneyland is quaint and intricately detailed. Disney World's huge layout makes everything much harder to maintain and keep clean.

Also, Disneyland is the only place in the world that Walt Disney personally touched and created. Disneyland seems to be the "original", while Disney World seems to be the sequel that isn't as good, but you don't hate it.

• Banned User

Let the flame war begin.

It's the intimacy, the compactness, the charm of Disneyland that does it for me.

The Imagineers have to be that much more creative to make things fit. Just look at the Indy queue. Or any attraction that goes under the berm/DLRR unbeknownst to most guests. That's all due to Disneyland's small size.

• Minion

WDW is 3,000 miles further away
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    It's the intimacy, the compactness, the charm of Disneyland that does it for me.

The Imagineers have to be that much more creative to make things fit. Just look at the Indy queue. Or any attraction that goes under the berm/DLRR unbeknownst to most guests. That's all due to Disneyland's small size.
    Agreed. For WDW you throw in this huge box, make 25% of it queue and the other 75% ride and boom you gto a ride. An attraction at DLR would have to go in Nooks and Crannies to fit making it have a unique design. Also, it feels empty with everything so big.

Thank you Solitary!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfanatic View Post
    . . . It also seems like you're too trapped in the parks at WDW. In Disneyland, you can easily go outside to places like Denny's and Mimi's for a quick meal then back into the park. . .
    I used to hike out to Mimi's, but I haven't in a while. Yet I still reeeeeeeally like having the freedom/option of doing so. At WDW I feel more helpless, trapped and frustrated about getting ripped off.

I haven't been to WDW in about 9 years, but from 1972 to about 1986 I probably went about 12 times. I used to live about 1,400 miles from WDW and now I'm about 3,000 miles away. But I'm much closer to Disneyland now and so many of the attractions are similar that it's harder for me to justify going to WDW.

Disneyland is the one that started it all. Walt himself paced out the length of Main Street, he lived in the park, he went over all the details inside, and his soul still live in the park. Disneyland has a real magic inside of it.

Disneyworld is just fun. It's awesome, there's all the favorite Disneyland rides, plus some other really cool ones. But it's not magical. Anything even close to that same "magical" feeling is quickly ended once you decide to go from the Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom... and you find yourself waiting in line 10 minutes for the next bus to arrive and take you to the other park.

At Disneyworld you can have a lot more fun, simply because there is just so much more to do there. But at Disneyland, you can experience real magic, like no other place on Earth.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Goofy

disneyworld cause there is a whole lot to do and so much more fun stuff. i like dl but i like seeing more stuff.

• LuvAlice

I love Disneyland and I live 20 minutes from it. I also really enjoy Disneyworld. We are going this summer and we also went this past Christmas. I thought Disneyworld was awesome because they have so many things to do. I really loved Epcot and can't wait to go back. I just wish we had more land so that Disneyland could expand. It is getting so crowded and you really feel it at Disneyland because of the lack of space. I feel the magic at both resorts.

• Future Cast Member

I think I have a bit of a bias because I live near and go often to Disneyland, but I like it more than Walt Disney World. When I was younger, I visited Walt Disney World a lot, a little less than Disneyland, but I just like Disneyland better. I can go often, my whole family can spend time there, it brings back memories, and I just like the atmosphere better. Maybe because it just feels like home to me. At Walt Disney World, I feel like I'm on vacation, which is great, but I just prefer Disneyland.

I like it because it really is another world to escape to. At my home up until about a year ago, my parents always fought, it wasn't a great place to live, and my family just was never very happy. When we were at Disneyland, it was nice, everything was perfect. Not just the park itself, but our personalities, moods, and attitudes. My dad didn't go, but that's the way I grew up. My memories are with my mom and brothers as a family. When my parents divorced, it helped me realize that it was for the better, because my dad was never really family, because family are the people who care about you and will watch out for you and you have good memories with (like having fun at Disneyland!).

Now I live with my grandparents. I write in Disney font, I surround myself with Disney, I'm obsessed, and they just know I'm really different from most teenagers and people my age, and they make sure I know that and that they don't think that's a good thing, so I kind of can't really be myself, I have to act like a typical, boring teenager that they think people my age should be who just acts like everyone else and aren't themselves and don't have a real character or personality for everyone, and likes thrill rides at six flags, not "kiddie rides", what they think of Fantasyland attractions. My mom works a lot or goes out with her boyfriend. I love Disneyland more than ever because I know how important it is to be myself and be with my family, where I can do that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast