•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

How about a new Muppet-Vision film to promote Jason Segelís new Muppet Movie?

So with the The Greatest Muppet Movie of All Time (or whatever it will be called) in the works, why not develop a new Muppetvision 3D film to update and refresh the attraction, and promote the new movie at the same time? Given that Disney has been releasing some amazing new Muppet shorts on Youtube, these could be easily adapted for Disneyland and WDW. Imagine seeing the Muppets perform Bohemian Rhapsody in 3D, and in 70MM at the same time?

Momma?

• Minion

Re: How about a new Muppet-Vision film to promote Jason Segelís new Muppet Movie?

I'd be rather hesitant to take out the original film just because it was the last thing Jim worked on.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• We Go On.

Re: How about a new Muppet-Vision film to promote Jason Segelís new Muppet Movie?

Can you say "Synergy"?

But all tie-ins aside, I like the idea. A new Muppet Vision show would be great.

• Banned User

One one hand, this would be the perfect opportunity to update the film and include newer Muppets like Pepe as well as utilize talent already working on the new film.

On the other, messing with Jim Henson's last work doesn't seem right... and the alleged confirmation that they will be redoing the preshow is a bit scary considering how fun and unique the current one is. If anything, I think it would be nice if the new preshow referenced how old the actual film is and poked fun at it. MuppetVision's film is dated, but not embarrassingly so like Star Tours.

It's also one of the last performances of Richard Hunt (Scooter, Statler, & Beaker) before he died in 1992.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Banned User

Muppet Vision is the only 3D film that I hope never goes away or gets updated from its original form. The style of the movie from pre-show to the end is one of the greatest examples of Jim Henson's humor and creativity and that would be very hard to top with a new version.

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Muppet Vision is the only 3D film that I hope never goes away or gets updated from its original form. The style of the movie from pre-show to the end is one of the greatest examples of Jim Henson's humor and creativity and that would be very hard to top with a new version.
    It's also IMHO the best example of a 3D attraction to date. The mixture of 3D Movie plus AA characters plus live action (Plus the simple fact that you are sitting in the Muppet Theater is so cool to me) makes it one of my favorite attractions and something I make sure to not miss when I visit the park.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Queen Elsa

I would love a new vision of Muppet. I got tire of seening that one. I haven't gone back to see it send 2005. It time for a new update one to it even my mom and dad don't see it anymore they got tire of it.

I know that it's the last project that Henson worked on and of Richard Hunt, and that it needs to be respected. I believe that an update would be nice, (I have only seen it once and for some reason didn't care for it.) but would need to be done very carefully as there are so many fans. Just my thoughts.