Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Hear me out... Incredibles in Adventureland?

First off, let it be known far and wide that the Mod Hatter does not want an Incredibles attraction.

That said, will all the Nemo and Cars talk, the Incredibles seem more like The Inevitables. So, while I have read for months now about Incredibles in Tomorrowland, I cringed a little. IF they had to come to the resort at all, why not use them instead of Monsters in SSL? A new fiberglass shell and you have a convertible Mr. Incredible car. Tour the Museum of Supers, only to have Syndrome activate a remote control in your car and start monologue-ing the narration through the Rogue's Gallery, until Frozone and the Incredibles can rescue you.

However, it occurred to me... if the Incredibles really are coming to DL instead, how much of that story took place in the jungle? And, realistically, aren't supers the epitome of Adventure?

Assuming that space can be made somewhere between the western back of Main St., and NOS, would a tastefully-themed Incredibles ride be truly terrible in Adventureland?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

were have you been hearing about the Increadibles being put into Tomorrowland?

mostly people who want a new Peoplemover say that but I doubt Imagineering is looking into it at all (or at least I hope not)

Adventureland is filled with rides anyways, what do you want Mr Increadibles Treehouse?

The Incredibles ride should really be something cool like Spiderman at Islands of Adventure... and the characters are already CGI!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Haven't heard a thing about Incredibles for any attraction, anywhere! Infomation please!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

there hasn't been anything besides speculation and rumor, mostly people wanting the monerail from the Increadibles put up on the peoplemover tracks

what would I do for an increadibles ride?

read for yourself in the LA Expansion thread
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=271

• that's right!

augh, no. for one thing adventureland is already a pain to walk through thanks to Indy, I can't imagine how much worse it would get with a new Incredibles ride.

• Minion

Well, let's face it, Adventureland would be a lot less evil if they'd take that stupid extra piece of tree they added to the MIDDLE of the walkway infront of the artist formerly known as Swiss Family Treehouse. And Fartasmic aside, the "levels" they added to New Orleans Square were just annoying. And of course, a moritorium on double-wide strollers would be an added bonus. Regardless, one thought I keep having is that the Indy queue is monster long, but with fastpass, and 10 years of existence, it's hard for me to imagine why they can't rework the actual entrance into the temple so the confusion can at least begin a few more yeards away from thru traffic.

And, so help me, as a tall person, could they please please and triple please get rid of the ceiling spike room? I remember seeing it work during AP preview night, and while somewhere deep inside I know that Disneyland never kills on purpose, I will never walk through there without hating short people.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• It's all nonsense

:confused:

• e komo mai

I hear what you're saying about 'The Incredibles' jungle scene, but Adventureland is too crowded. Half of the time the Indy and Indy Fastpass queues clog things up. I'd also hate for them to take out something just so they could fit this attraction in. I like Adventureland as it is.

• șoș Tom șoș

I already posted a quick blurb in a thread about the People Movers but it was suggested yesterday to add those Spheres from the Volcano Island scene of the Incredibles as vehicles on the People Mover's track.

Build a new show building out on the extra land above Autopia and you've now successfully quarentined all the Pixar films to Tommorrowland or east. With Nemo Subs, Cars redress on Autopia and obviously Astro Blasters, Incredibles in TL is a decent fit and can work.

I like the idea of your vehicle being taken control by Syndrome, mostly cause Jason Lee's voice in a Disney ride would just be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I already posted a quick blurb in a thread about the People Movers but it was suggested yesterday to add those Spheres from the Volcano Island scene of the Incredibles as vehicles on the People Mover's track.

Build a new show building out on the extra land above Autopia and you've now successfully quarentined all the Pixar films to Tommorrowland or east. With Nemo Subs, Cars redress on Autopia and obviously Astro Blasters, Incredibles in TL is a decent fit and can work.

I like the idea of your vehicle being taken control by Syndrome, mostly cause Jason Lee's voice in a Disney ride would just be icing on the cake.
    ick, that'd be horrid

no offense but both the Increadibles and Cars would make a bit more since as characters in DCA (only because they're in a more modern setting, Flick would've worked for Disneyland and Toy Story works alright if they had their own special land)

fortionaly according to sources at MIboards the overlay of Autopia is very unlikly especialy with all the money they spent on it not too long ago doing that Cheveron overlay

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider

fortionaly according to sources at MIboards the overlay of Autopia is very unlikly especialy with all the money they spent on it not too long ago doing that Cheveron overlay
    The Chevron overlay is a contract for the gas spill underneath autopia launching area. The contract was for 10 years or until the spill could be contained what ever came first. It cost them very little to refurb that ride back then and adding a redress for "Cars" is not so far-fetched because it would simply be new plastic shells over those riding lawn mowers they call cars. Also the ride's themeing sucks so if they spent 500,000 to add something out there in the back area of Autopia, I am all for it.

The subs referb is almost a done deal. Along with Astro Blasters, why not go with more Pixar related rides in that area? They don't fit well anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    The Chevron overlay is a contract for the gas spill underneath autopia launching area. The contract was for 10 years or until the spill could be contained what ever came first. It cost them very little to refurb that ride back then and adding a redress for "Cars" is not so far-fetched because it would simply be new plastic shells over those riding lawn mowers they call cars. Also the ride's themeing sucks so if they spent 500,000 to add something out there in the back area of Autopia, I am all for it.

The subs referb is almost a done deal. Along with Astro Blasters, why not go with more Pixar related rides in that area? They don't fit well anywhere.
    the Chevron overlay also encompased bringing all the Autopia tracks together if I'm not mistaken so I think it cost a bit more then just those shells (and it doesn't change that a Cars ride is being blue sky'ed for DCA)

and yeah the Subs referb is a done deal and Astro Blasters is already open (if you haven't seen the video up at Mouseinfo)

and I don't like the idea of concentraiting on putting tons of characters that don't fit into tomorrowland

they handled Buzz alright, themeing the ride to robots and keeping Buzz somewhat in the concept of being a space ranger (plus a laser shootout matches the land theme)

however with Subs it is a bit of a Streatch

the Subs should join with the Matterhorn and then they can become their own land (they already feel seperate enough to me)

put Aquatopia into the Motorboat crurise then combine that with Subs Matterhorn and Autopia and call the whole thing Discoveryland

• Minion

Okay, 1) Just say no to Discoveryland. Discovery Bay in its originally-planned location, fine. But anything with a queue south of the Monorail has to stay Tomorrowland.

2) If Pixar has to come to the park, which I certainly don't think it does, there's that crazy little notion of THEME. Retro modern isn't future, it's more 60s than New Tomorrowland (67), so if the old one supposedly got stale, imagine how quickly this one would turn. Cars... hmmm, when I think of the future, I know it involves hideous, conspicuous consumption of fossil fuels! Woody's Round-Up, while superficially looking like a Western, has nothing to do with a Frontier of any kind. And, while I'm on the topic of theme, is there anything about HPB that suggests it is a suitable place for Monsters, except the occasional plastic surgery gone wrong? ANd don't even get me started on Nemo.

3) No more of the "Oh, it doesn't fit in Disneyland, let's just throw the darn thing in DCA. Isn't that the mentality that built DCA into the underperformer it is already? Yes, a Cars attraction would fit there, using the Test Track/Rocket Rods type technology. Of course, I'd like to see if the movie is any good, first. And then I'd say an expansion of LA had to be built in T&P/fun Faire, because the only other place I can think to put it is Route 66, and that seems a poor choice due to noise levels.

So, hopefully, if people aren't interested in Incredibles in Adventureland, that lesson can be extrapolated to other lands of the Resort as well.

-- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Okay, 1) Just say no to Discoveryland. Discovery Bay in its originally-planned location, fine. But anything with a queue south of the Monorail has to stay Tomorrowland.

2) If Pixar has to come to the park, which I certainly don't think it does, there's that crazy little notion of THEME. Retro modern isn't future, it's more 60s than New Tomorrowland (67), so if the old one supposedly got stale, imagine how quickly this one would turn. Cars... hmmm, when I think of the future, I know it involves hideous, conspicuous consumption of fossil fuels! Woody's Round-Up, while superficially looking like a Western, has nothing to do with a Frontier of any kind. And, while I'm on the topic of theme, is there anything about HPB that suggests it is a suitable place for Monsters, except the occasional plastic surgery gone wrong? ANd don't even get me started on Nemo.

3) No more of the "Oh, it doesn't fit in Disneyland, let's just throw the darn thing in DCA. Isn't that the mentality that built DCA into the underperformer it is already? Yes, a Cars attraction would fit there, using the Test Track/Rocket Rods type technology. Of course, I'd like to see if the movie is any good, first. And then I'd say an expansion of LA had to be built in T&P/fun Faire, because the only other place I can think to put it is Route 66, and that seems a poor choice due to noise levels.

So, hopefully, if people aren't interested in Incredibles in Adventureland, that lesson can be extrapolated to other lands of the Resort as well.

1) I'm not suggesting Discoveryland like what it is in Paris, I'm suggesting discoveryland as a name for the area that is becoming somewhat mishmesh between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, rather then surrendering that terretory to either of those two lands I'm simply suggesting a land that has a theme that can fit between them both (scienceish theme, Matterhorn=Moutain Expedition, Subs=Underwater Expedition, Autopia=cars from the future?, Aquatopia= Science themed water transport), I am NOT suggesting that they rename Tomorrowland or otherwise retheme it (aka the whole entry area with Buzz Star Tours, Innoventions, the Train stop and the whole Space Mountain, Rocket Reds area all stay in Tomorrowland and that's a VERY big land)

2) I agree with you on the retro future, Increadibles doesn't belong. I only sort of agree on Woody, it seems that Imagineering wants to do a transition area that pulls you into Frontierland and outta Fantasyland and vise versa, I don't like the character idea but transition areas really help pull the park together themeing wise. As far as Monsters goes, lets wait for the attraction to show itself in true form, for all we know it could have some sort of cleaver backlot tie in (I'm also hearing that this attraction may be cloned over into the Tokyo Disney Resort somewere)

3) And I'm not suggesting that they just throw it in DCA because it doesn't fit anywere else. If you read my LA expansion thread you'll notice I have a very cleaver plan for fitting the Increadibles into the area. And as far as Car's goes well with all the highways that California is known for it's pretty self explanitory. That said I hate the way A Bugs Land took over the farm but you can see my fixes for that in my saving the farm thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast