Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MICKEY MOUSE IS MINE :)

Nods to the Past

On Yesterland theres the nods to the past page and I was wondering if you guys have any to share. One I know is that Max, Buf and, Melvin are still in Winnie the Pooh.
    What?!?! Birth By Sleep is only coming out on the PSP?!?! It's the end of the world!!!

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Nods to the Past

If I go Walt Disney World:

In the queue for Mission:SPACE there's a big gravity wheel-thing that turns, and in the center is the classic EPCOT Center logo for the Horizons attraction, which was replaced by M:S. Also, in The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there's a picture in Owl's house depicting Mr. Toad handing the deed to the property over to Owl, (Mr. Toad's Wild Ride once occupied the space.) In Journey into Imagination with Figment in Epcot, there's an office door reading "Dean Finder," referring to the lost character "The Dreamfinder." In the barn that is part of the queue and ride for the Barnstormer roller coaster in Mickey's Toontown Fair, there are animatronic chickens that were once a part of the World of Motion attraction in Epcot. In Pooh's Playful Spot (Fantasyland playground on the site of old 20,000 Leagues lagoon,) there is a little silhouette of a Nautilus submarine in one of the door frames.

That's off the top of my head. I love these.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

The giant microscope from Adventures Through Inner Space is in the Star Tours Video, in the service bay bottom right just before you go out into space.

• Collision speed....FULL!

The back area of Frontierland is loaded with nods and homages to Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland:

• The most obvious, Bear Country lake is still in existence with a lone mine tunnel, where the former trestle use to the span. The jumping fish are still operational, though the bears are long gone (the one that use to scratch his back on the tree was located along the River's of America for a while until recent years).

• Another tunnel, different than the one that looks over the Bear Country lake is the tunnel that leads to Cascade Peak, or rather the plot of the Cascade Peak. This tunnel is boarded up these days, and when the ride was operational, marmots would bark and pop up and down from the top of the tunnel; they are now located on the very last surviving mine train that is staged as a wreck along the Cascade Peak track. (The train, I think, is being torn out at the moment).

• The large buttes and the natural arch in front of Big Thunder ranch are remains from the Living desert area; these are NOT to be confused with the rock columns of Balancing rock canyon (which use to located where the mining equipment vignette featuring a locomotive from the movie 'Hot Lead and Cold Feet' is now).

• In Big Thunder Ranch, there is a rock ridge along the side that borders Fantasyland; that was part of the rockwork that was backdrop for the mine trains when they passed the geysers and the paint pots. It's buried in a couple feet of concrete along with the faux mine tunnel, which only the top half is exposed today.

• Rainbow Caverns is paid a tribute in the cave of the first BTMRR lift hill, as well as the 'Laughin' place scene on Splash Mountain.

• The mining town in the Big Thunder queue are the exact same buildings from Rainbow Ridge.

• The coyotes that you saw before entering Balancing Rock Canyons were
    relocated to rock ledges seen before the turn before the second lift
    hill on Big Thunder Mountain (the ones that go "Yipp! Yipp! Yipp!" ).

• Although guests can't access it, there is a small stretch of the old Pack Mule trail, intact and untouched.

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post

Although guests can't access it, there is a small stretch of the old Pack Mule trail, intact and untouched.

If you know what to look for this can be spotted from the upper deck of the Mark Twain.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Johnny and Me!

In the second room of the Star Tours queue, look down near the top of the ramp and you will see this droid at a control panel. This is actually a redressed display case from the Adventure thru Inner Space queue:

• Future Indy Castmember

1.In the Indiana Jones Adventure Queue, theres a Eeyore Parking Lot Sign in the film room (where you see the saftey video) It's very well hidden and you'll have to ask the CM to show it to you.

2. In Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, after the whale blows you out, look very carfully for two rock formations that look like a mermaid and the sea serpent from the original Submarine Voyage.

3. In Pixie Hollow, the water jets are left over from when the area used to be Tritons Garden and Ariel's Grotto (Ariels Mermaid Meet and Greet)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Minion

In the Projector Room in the Indy queue, there is an old Eeyore (spelling?) parking lot sign located behind the projector and next to some bamboo slats.

The Indiana Jones Adventure show building was built on the former Eeyore parking lot.

EDIT: Darn Forbidden Eye, you beat me to it!!

• Banned User

The audio animatronics in Splash Mountain as well as the assembly robot in Star Tours are from America Sings.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    EDIT: Darn Forbidden Eye, you beat me to it!!
    LOL! Got to be faster than that!

More nods:

1. In the Star Tours ride itself, as you're starspeeder leaves the station, look for the microscope from Inner Space.

2. In ROA, Natilus left out the Mark Fink Keel Boat which is now a prop on the river. It should be back on the River as a show prop again when the river comes back.

3. Tomorrowland's Observatron is the original mechanism for the first version of Astro Obitor (then called Rocket Jets).

4. The Lilly Belle could be counted as a nod because thats how the passenger cars were in 1955 before the current set up.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Minion

On Autopia in the Car Park section, there is a bronzed Mr. Toad vehicle and bronzed Fantasyland Autopia vehicle.

The new Autopia combined the Tomorrowland and Fantasyland Autopias in 2000.

• Future Indy Castmember

The old Fantasyland Station for Skyway is still visible which can or not be counted as a nod to what was once there (I count it). Suffice to say, the holes in the Matterhorn were filled up when Skyway closed.

The Mark 7 Monorail's design (exterior wise) is a nod to the Mark 1 monorails (minus the bubble thing on top)

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Minion

On Tarzan's Treehouse, there are a few nods:

Just after the first bridge, there is a piece of wood above your head that has "Mind thy head" painted on it. This was originally in the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Some of the pots and pans in the treehouse itself (not the ones guests bang on at the bottom) are from the Swiss Family Treehouse.

At the base of the treehouse, there is a gramophone that plays the "Swisspolka" from the Swiss Family Robinson movie. There is also a teapot and teacup that look exactly like Mrs. Potts and Chip from Beauty and the Beast, but without the facial features.

On Buzz Lightyear Astor Blasters at Disneyland in the Final Battle Scene there is a sun and moon from Circle Vision. It is located up above the exit from hyperspace and is extremely difficult to see while the ride is in normal operation.

• Future Indy Castmember

In Captain EO theres a nod to Michael Jackson

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast