Question The Lion, the witch and the muppets, the ride

Here a Question, I’ve often heard of during all the discussions on the project tracker and so many threads. Everytime someone talks of replacing “Muppet Vision 3D”. I’ve heard many possible ideas, but the one that I’ve heard the most, is a “ Chronicles Of Narnia: Special effects ride”. The one trouble is Disney no longer holds the licenses for Chromicles of Narnia ( it was sold to 20th century fox) . So Why would we keep hearing that as the prime replacement? I’m just asking if some one knows something I don’t.

thanks for the replies and any help
    you don't have to be crazy to use this profile..but it helps

Re: The Lion, the witch and the muppets, the ride

I have a feeling the Muppets are going to stay around longer than planned, which is fine with me. Still my favorite 3-D show.

With the Muppets used in the new promotions and a new Muppet movie in the works I don't think Disney will get rid of it anytime soon.

Chronicles of Narnia didn't do well at the box office so I think that idea is scrapped.

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

I think the official plans now is they will put in Mickey's Philharmagic.

If they do carry this out, it will be sad to see the Muppets 3D replaced by this. I've seen it on youtube, and I say the Muppets show is TONS better than Mickey's Philharmagic. I hope this was just an idea not an official plan.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    I think the official plans now is they will put in Mickey's Philharmagic.

If they do carry this out, it will be sad to see the Muppets 3D replaced by this. I've seen it on youtube, and I say the Muppets show is TONS better than Mickey's Philharmagic. I hope this was just an idea not an official plan.
    Thats old it also calls for the removal of the Maliboomer yeah its not going anywhere...atleast thats what they say!
    follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

OK *phew*

Do you know of any new pics like this one laying out what's gonna happen to the park? Or is that the only one?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Mickey's Philharmaic is really cute and fun. But I prefer the Muppet, other than that waldo guy lol But if it was to be replaced by MP, I'd be ok with that.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Personally I liked Philharmonic better than the Muppets. I'll be happy to see it come to DCA.

The DCA graphic is from late 2007/early 2008 when the renovation was in its infancy. PhilharMagic was slated to take the place of Muppet*Vision, but it was scrapped when Disney learned that significant renovations and an expansion of the theater would have to be done to host the show. (I still stand by my idea that PhilharMagic should take the place of the Fantasyland Theatre)

Narnia was proposed way back in the "place-making"/"Project Sparkle" days (remember those terms?) of early 2006, when one of the suggestions was to add that in along with the new Monsters Inc. dark ride. Prince Caspian did not under-perform until the summer of 2008, so I'm not sure what halted it. However, that is the reason it will never happen.

Muppets, whether you like it or not, is staying for now.

I agree that PhilharMagic would be better at the Fantasyland Theater.

In my opinion I think while EO is playing they should install PhilharMagic. So by the time EO has run its course PhilharMagic would probably be done.

Then take the Magic Eye theater into Innovations then take the old Innovations and make it into a thrill attraction...maybe Tron related. Innovations doesn't need that big of a space.

I think Muppets still has another good three years left. Plus is looks so much better at DCA than DHS. Unless DHS finally did some upgrades within the past few years.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    I have a feeling the Muppets are going to stay around longer than planned, which is fine with me. Still my favorite 3-D show.

With the Muppets used in the new promotions and a new Muppet movie in the works I don't think Disney will get rid of it anytime soon.

Chronicles of Narnia didn't do well at the box office so I think that idea is scrapped.
    I think you'll see Muppets around for a long time too.
    Plus it goes with Disney. Family themed.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I think the muppets should stick around. But maybe the movie needs an update (or maybe a ride).
    But I would love to see Mickey's Philharmagic come here, but maybe with more scenes and different special effects. Give it something different than Florida's.

Oh how I love smiles!

• Artistic integrity

Land in Disneyland is a premium .. and short in quantity ...
    Only spectacular ideas should apply.

ANOTHER 3D feature - Philharmagic ... feels a waste .. in an era now .. where going to the movies to see Alice In Wonderland, Avatar in 3D are just as common place as McDonalds, Costco, and Walmart!

The Fantasyland Theatre should host new stage shows. Circulating new entertainment .. like they use to .. was a real crowd pleaser .. and a big crowd eater.

Or .. if they do away with the Fantasyland Theatre .. only something like the Mary Poppins ride idea from 70s ... be brought back to life. Or something else that would be an "E" caliber.

Philharmagic can go into DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Or .. if they do away with the Fantasyland Theatre .. only something like the Mary Poppins ride idea from 70s ... be brought back to life. Or something else that would be an "E" caliber.
    I would really like to see a Mary Poppins ride.

It's 16 miles to Disneyland, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit It.

• Minion

now updateing the muppets 3D show its self would not be a such a bad i dea..they have so many interesting characters to use, and most of them (with the exeption of a hand full of off hand ones that people really know)do not get their due...what i think would be cool is a pigs in space show....and have them poke fun at star tours and EO (yes EO),and other rides in the sister park...that would be fun..especially just to see gonzo in that cheesey vader out fit.....
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL